SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

Current state of affairs for the BFI IMAX midnight screening
    CY0XCcx.png
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I do hope it's rather a good one in the vein of Adele's and Bassey's styles.
  • RC7RC7
    antovolk wrote: »
    CY0XCcx.png

Did you book?
  • HMBFFHMBFF Lisboa, Portugal
    Thanks @antovolk and @RC7. By mistake, I've booked tickets for the opening night in both cinemas. So now, I have to decide where the hell am I going to watch the movie.
    RC7 wrote: »
    CY0XCcx.png

Did you book?

Nope, sticking with the Empire. The midnight showing there isn't nearly as booked up (only like 10 seats booked atm), so I'm pulling trigger for there in case the 8pm showing doesn't happen for sure.

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    By the way, does anyone know when exactly the song is going to be revealed? And by that I mean to say... the time to be precise.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    OMG
    I'm gonna faint...

I just got invited to the Swiss premiere of Spectre on October 27th.
    I'm working for the main sponsor of this movie event.

It'll be the biggest ever movie premiere in history in Switzerland. The main cast will be there and it will be a huge media event.
    It takes place in the Hallenstadion the biggest concert hall in Switzerland in Zurich.

I don't know more at the moment, it is not a secret but they keep it low-key for now.

hallenstadion.ch/events-tickets/2279/premiere-james-bond-spectre
    By the way, does anyone know when exactly the song is going to be revealed? And by that I mean to say... the time to be precise.

Given he timing to coincide with US ticket launch, 9am PT/5pm BST?
  • Taken me years of lurking to sign up.
    Seeing all the comments about no earlier screenings at BFI, makes me glad I live up north. Both IMAX we have in Manchester have 7:30pm screenings on 26/10, but for some reason the website only let's you book one
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Wonderful news @BondJasonBond006! Very fortunate!
    OMG
    I'm gonna faint...

I just got invited to the Swiss premiere of Spectre on October 27th.
    I'm working for the main sponsor of this movie event.

It'll be the biggest ever movie premiere in history in Switzerland. The main cast will be there and it will be a huge media event.
    It takes place in the Hallenstadion the biggest concert hall in Switzerland in Zurich.

I don't know more at the moment, it is not a secret but they keep it low-key for now.

hallenstadion.ch/events-tickets/2279/premiere-james-bond-spectre

Very lucky, and this sounds massive too, wow.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Anyone know when the North American box office opens?
    Anyone know when the North American box office opens?

Tomorrow.
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 3,164
    Just spoke to the guys at ODEON regarding the lack of BFI IMAX opening night 8pm shows - some company have booked out private screenings of the film every day at 8pm for the whole week (26th till the 30th)

• Okay, one important question I have now. Does this mean that....

A. Only the title song artist(s) will be released, without the song airing on radio's across the globe, because that will happen first week of October?
    B. Will both the title song artist be revealed, together with the song airing on radio's across the globe?

Okay, one important question I have now. Does this mean that....

A. Only the title song artist(s) will be released, without the song airing on radio's across the globe, because that will happen first week of October?
    B. Will both the title song artist be revealed, together with the song airing on radio's across the globe?

Per that article - it will be B.. Hard to say regarding radio, but at least it should be available to buy from online music stores like iTunes tomorrow.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    The Swiss premiere in Zurich will be huge as I said.
    Just got some more info, of which sadly, I cannot share most, as we were strictly forbidden to post anything on the Social Media, yet.

What I can say is that Walt Disney Studios Switzerland who is bringing Spectre to the screen in Switzerland is expecting Spectre to shatter all records in Switzerland.

The record for most tickets sold still holds Titanic. But Skyfall was near that with 1.2 million tickets sold which is an insane number considering Switzerland's population was short of 8 million people in 2012.
  • EndCredit007EndCredit007 EGYPT
    Egypt's IMDB stated that release date in Egypt will be Wed 4th Nov. :(
    d5ZaSF3.png?1
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    I hope you have a great night @BondJasonBond006 and thanks for the information.

According to emails from Sony from another thread, a couple more European premiere dates

28th October - Berlin
    29th Paris - Paris

I am hoping these dates are still correct? I might go to the Paris premiere red carpet as Eurostar have a sale

I am probably travelling down to London on 26th Monday to stand by the red carpet. But in my home town of Liverpool, you may catch Sir Rog at a Liverpool Odeon - most probably the main Liverpool One one according to his Tweet
  • The Swiss premiere in Zurich will be huge as I said.
    Just got some more info, of which sadly, I cannot share most, as we were strictly forbidden to post anything on the Social Media, yet.

What I can say is that Walt Disney Studios Switzerland who is bringing Spectre to the screen in Switzerland is expecting Spectre to shatter all records in Switzerland.

The record for most tickets sold still holds Titanic. But Skyfall was near that with 1.2 million tickets sold which is an insane number considering Switzerland's population was short of 8 million people in 2012.

My country Netherlands holds the record now with "Skyfall". The film grossed even more than in other huge markets, like Russia, Brazil, Mexico and South-Korea: $25.1 Million. It's staggering for a tiny little nation like Netherlands (16.7 inhabitants). I think it's safe to say that after the UK, Netherlands is the most loyal Bond country :-P.

Okay, one important question I have now. Does this mean that....

Per that article - it will be B.. Hard to say regarding radio, but at least it should be available to buy from online music stores like iTunes tomorrow.

fffff-ing hell :-O. Then I can't sleep tonight @antovolk!!! Tomorrow's song will be instantly compared with Epworth's/Adele's "Skyfall" though. If it doesn't hold up well against "Skyfall", then it's a real pity. I really hope we don't have a band, but instead have a solo-artist again. A terrific artist who also happens to be a good songwriter, someone who KNOWS how to compose an unforgettable melody. "Skyfall" had that, "Another Way To Die" didn't.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Egypt's IMDB stated that release date in Egypt will be Wed 4th Nov. :(
    d5ZaSF3.png?1
    Still a day earlier than Italy... :(
  • RC7RC7
    I really hope we don't have a band

Really, how come? I like the idea of a band and DC hasn't had one yet. If someone can produce something that would sit happily alongside LALD and AVTAK I'd be pretty happy.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Some of the best Bond theme songs are by bands, LALD, AVTAK, TLD and Garbage!
    A nice lady at Empire Cinemas' booking line gave me an email address for the Leicester Square cinemas - emailing them to find out what's happening, why there's no opening night show.

In the meantime, pulled the trigger for the Odeon Leicester Square, not to far off the side in Row U. If Empire pans out, I'll see if I can get a refund or if someone wants the ticket and they can get it from me on the day.
  • RC7RC7
    A nice lady at Empire Cinemas' booking line gave me an email address for the Leicester Square cinemas - emailing them to find out what's happening, why there's no opening night show.

In the meantime, pulled the trigger for the Odeon Leicester Square, not to far off the side in Row U. If Empire pans out, I'll see if I can get a refund or if someone wants the ticket and they can get it from me on the day.

Did you not book the 23:30 at Empire?
  • RC7 wrote: »
    I really hope we don't have a band

Really, how come? I like the idea of a band and DC hasn't had one yet. If someone can produce something that would sit happily alongside LALD and AVTAK I'd be pretty happy.

With that I agree. Those are really the exceptions on the rules. I truly love "AVTAK" and "LALD". Memorable songs, true hits, and smashing unforgettable melodies. I also love Garbage's entry "TWINE".

Thing is, after Jack White's "AWTD", I'm not so sure about...rock. And after we heard the rumors about Radiohead I'm not convinced we get a good song. I listened (tried to listen) Radiohead's discography, and I couldn't get excited. Their songs are IMO too....alternative. And I don't like alternative. But I'm not convinced.
    RC7 wrote: »

Did you not book the 23:30 at Empire?

No, decided for 7:30 at the Odeon. Will prob see it at the Empire IMAX some other time but yeah, midnight really isn't great for me time wise...like I said though if miraculously they do an 8pm show, I'm going, and selling/trying to return my OLS ticket.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Cineworld Sheffield has an IMAX screening of SPECTRE at 8am. I'll be booking away!
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    At what time are we expecting them to release the title song tomorrow?
    @antovolk Are you going to Odeon Leicester Square?