SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

I'll be there on sunday evening so will let you all know if there's anything of interest
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Nobby007 wrote: »
    I'll be there on sunday evening so will let you all know if there's anything of interest
    Great thanks!
    It is all too quiet on this thread! ;)
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited May 2015 Posts: 10,588
    From Twitter, all from the same account. It might be from the leaks, so I've put in in spoilers. Involves minor details about filming on Sunday over the river:
    SPECTRE Location 1-A Location Manager at Pinewood Studios has advised offices in Westminster about B24 Films' plans to film along Thames.

SPECTRE Location 5....the helicopter will be followed by a 2nd "Camera" helicopter. Dates to follow nearer the time of each event.
    SPECTRE Location 2-The filming sequence is set at night, and involves an "Action" helicopter taking off from Riverside Walk Gardens.../3

SPECTRE Location 3-....next to Vauxhall Bridge and initially hovering over the river at approx 150 feet. Following this, the helicopter../4
    SPECTRE Location 4....turns and travels down river at the same height over Lambeth Bridge towards Westminster Bridge. During the filming../5

• leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    edited May 2015 Posts: 574
    The Lobster in Cannes today - sorry for slight OT but I could not put Ben in the the Bond girl thread :P

11282796_851252324953906_1486212731_n.jpg

CFDvbyCW8AEFUxi.jpg

tumblr_noetb2cayS1turrb0o1_1280.jpg
    Christoph Waltz recently did an interview and photo-shoot for GQ.
    Christoph-Waltz-01-GQ-13May15_MatthewBrookes_b.jpg

http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/entertainment/articles/2015-05/14/christoph-waltz-spectre-quentin-tarantino-gq-interview
    Here is an excerpt from the interview where he talks a little about Bond and his role in SPECTRE.
    But can you approach a Bond film in that same spirit of artistic endeavour? Or are you just doing it for the...

"A James Bond film can be artistically fulfilling," Waltz interrupts. "Absolutely it can. It can be complex and it can be interesting. I consider Bond movies to be an extension of popular theatre, a kind of modern mythology. You see the same sort of action in Punch and Judy, or in the folk theatre of various cultures, like Grand Guignol. [The 18th-century playwright] Carlo Goldoni took the commedia dell'arte and developed it into a complex psychological form, yet retained the connection with its roots."

While there's no pretentiousness about Waltz, this analysis is typical of the intensity he displays when discussing his work. You don't get quite so many references to the psychological origins of commedia dell'arte from Roger Moore, say, and to that extent Waltz might not seem the most obvious recruit to the Bond family. Did he hesitate before agreeing to appear in Spectre?

"I did, yes."

Why?

"I always hesitate... You ask yourself, hang on: what James Bond are we talking about?" Waltz explains. "The thing about Spectre is that it is not the work of hack writers. It does not have a hack director. The actors are not hams." The movie, he says, does include scenes that will resonate with an old-school Bond aficionado.

"The action sequences in Mexico are extravagant to say the least. The scenes in Austria are traditional Bond action in the snow." That said, he adds, "These films with Daniel Craig have shifted the tone. They don't depend on a set formula that forces actors simply to go through the motions."

So was his experience with Mendes similar to his first script reading with Tarantino for Inglourious Basterds: an epiphany which he has described as having given him back his vocation?

"No. Because this time I didn't have to audition. For Spectre they already had me in mind."

They wrote the part for you?

"In a way, yes. Let's say it was tweaked in my direction." People use the phrase "Bond villain" as if it referred to a single, clearly defined character, like Dracula, yet there have been wide variations in the way the role has been played. Yet it has been suggested that Waltz will be playing to archetype, as a reincarnation of Bond's long-standing nemesis, Blofeld.

"That is absolutely untrue. That rumour started on the internet, and the internet is a pest. The name of my character is Franz Oberhauser."

What was it your agent said when you first left Hollywood? (Waltz, after his first stint in the United States, returned to theatre work in Austria in the early Eighties.)

"He said, 'Do you want to be wandering around in the background yelling 'Heil Hitler' for the rest of your life?'"

And yet here you are again, playing a Germanic enemy of the right-thinking British...

The character of Oberhauser, he says, is a little more nuanced than that.
    leas_mole wrote: »

Is this the Spectre premiere from an alternate universe?
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    dinovelvet wrote: »
    leas_mole wrote: »

Is this the Spectre premiere from an alternate universe?
    That's why I chose to post this particular photo, I am glad someone thought the same as me
  • edited May 2015 Posts: 2,015
    Colin Farrell is James Bond O'O7
  • edited May 2015 Posts: 3,169
    You'll probably have more luck next weekend:
    CFDsTXJWYAA_qX7.jpg:large
  • edited May 2015 Posts: 108
    Zekidk wrote: »
    You'll probably have more luck next weekend:
    CFDsTXJWYAA_qX7.jpg:large

Thanks, that's a great find.

But just because they are filming on Westminster Bridge next weekend, it does not mean that they won't be filming the helicopter flying down river this Sunday too.
    jake24 wrote: »
    Christoph Waltz recently did an interview and photo-shoot for GQ.
    Christoph-Waltz-01-GQ-13May15_MatthewBrookes_b.jpg

http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/entertainment/articles/2015-05/14/christoph-waltz-spectre-quentin-tarantino-gq-interview
    Here is an excerpt from the interview where he talks a little about Bond and his role in SPECTRE.
    But can you approach a Bond film in that same spirit of artistic endeavour? Or are you just doing it for the...

"A James Bond film can be artistically fulfilling," Waltz interrupts. "Absolutely it can. It can be complex and it can be interesting. I consider Bond movies to be an extension of popular theatre, a kind of modern mythology. You see the same sort of action in Punch and Judy, or in the folk theatre of various cultures, like Grand Guignol. [The 18th-century playwright] Carlo Goldoni took the commedia dell'arte and developed it into a complex psychological form, yet retained the connection with its roots."

While there's no pretentiousness about Waltz, this analysis is typical of the intensity he displays when discussing his work. You don't get quite so many references to the psychological origins of commedia dell'arte from Roger Moore, say, and to that extent Waltz might not seem the most obvious recruit to the Bond family. Did he hesitate before agreeing to appear in Spectre?

"I did, yes."

Why?

"I always hesitate... You ask yourself, hang on: what James Bond are we talking about?" Waltz explains. "The thing about Spectre is that it is not the work of hack writers. It does not have a hack director. The actors are not hams." The movie, he says, does include scenes that will resonate with an old-school Bond aficionado.

"The action sequences in Mexico are extravagant to say the least. The scenes in Austria are traditional Bond action in the snow." That said, he adds, "These films with Daniel Craig have shifted the tone. They don't depend on a set formula that forces actors simply to go through the motions."

So was his experience with Mendes similar to his first script reading with Tarantino for Inglourious Basterds: an epiphany which he has described as having given him back his vocation?

"No. Because this time I didn't have to audition. For Spectre they already had me in mind."

They wrote the part for you?

"In a way, yes. Let's say it was tweaked in my direction." People use the phrase "Bond villain" as if it referred to a single, clearly defined character, like Dracula, yet there have been wide variations in the way the role has been played. Yet it has been suggested that Waltz will be playing to archetype, as a reincarnation of Bond's long-standing nemesis, Blofeld.

"That is absolutely untrue. That rumour started on the internet, and the internet is a pest. The name of my character is Franz Oberhauser."

What was it your agent said when you first left Hollywood? (Waltz, after his first stint in the United States, returned to theatre work in Austria in the early Eighties.)

"He said, 'Do you want to be wandering around in the background yelling 'Heil Hitler' for the rest of your life?'"

And yet here you are again, playing a Germanic enemy of the right-thinking British...

The character of Oberhauser, he says, is a little more nuanced than that.

I agree oh so much with his approach to the role and Bond movies.
    Still confirmation as of today from the same twitter account earlier, that filming will still take place tomorrow as planned.
    SPECTRE Location 8-As promised, filming to take place Sunday 17/Monday 18 May from 2100-0500 (helicopters gone by 2359)..../9
    SPECTRE Location 10-..from 2000 to 0500. Vauxhall Bridge & Westminster Bridge will have intermittent traffic control during filming periods.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited May 2015 Posts: 4,554
    I have to think that DC is at Anfield today.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I've been absent for a while, what have I missed? :)
  • JWPepperJWPepper You sit on it, but you can't take it with you.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Nothing, i'm afraid... They have been filming in Pinewood the last couple of weeks.

The last thing filmed outside Pinewood was a brief shoot at London city hall, on case you missed it.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited May 2015 Posts: 40,492
    @JWPepper and @jake24, thank you both! I did miss the brief shoot at the London City Hall. Time has been flying by, though, and with only two weeks left until June, shooting has to be finished at some point soon.

Any more info on a possible trailer at the end of May? I remember reading a rumor about that on here a long while back, not sure if it was made up or if anything came of that.
    @JWPepper and @jake24, thank you both! I did miss the brief shoot at the London City Hall. Time has been flying by, though, and with only two weeks left until June, shooting has to be finished at some point soon.

Any more info on a possible trailer at the end of May? I remember reading a rumor about that on here a long while back, not sure if it was made up or if anything came of that.
    It would make sense, as EON seem to be releasing official videos at the end of every month. The first trailer at the end of March, the video blog at the end of April, and hopefully a new trailer at the end of this month. No confirmation so far though.
    007 Stage area on April 24. The crew on the plan.
    image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Seems like filming on Westminster bridge will take a few weekends...

http://lidnoe.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/westminster-bridge-sw1-closed-for.html?m=1
    Seems like filming on Westminster bridge will take a few weekends...

http://lidnoe.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/westminster-bridge-sw1-closed-for.html?m=1

They will be filming twice in May and once in June.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Bond_Lifestyle/status/599925004055240704
    London calling! On my way to the James Bond capital now to see some #SPECTRE action tonight, stay tuned for updates.

EDIT: Looks like they've already started preparing to shoot at Vauxhall.

11272853_753924201393687_203918268_n.jpg

http://websta.me/p/986890893955166364_1434724347

Just arrived. Lights have been set up around the MI6 building, and on a few buildings nearby along the Thames. Ready for #SPECTRE filming tonight

• marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    CFOpSCvW8AAvWyL.jpg
    Thanks Marcos. Finally the dry spell ends!
    Looks like Daniel and Lea or their stunt doubles
    1zzsxug.jpg
    You might be right.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Thanks for posting, looking good. :)

Watching the #SPECTRE filming with fellow fans Morten (Norway) on the left, and Mark and Ben (MI6-HQ) in the middle and yours truly keeping warm in a Barbour X To Ki To on the right.