SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    Big skull getting set up at Zocalo:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/40983989@N04/16912431075
    If anyone is wondering I have been in contact with my friend from Sony and he has told me that he hasn't been able to get any info. Only 2-3 people on the board know when the trailer will be released.
    If I get any new info I will post it here.
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 3,168
    There are a lot of similarities shaping up between Spectre and Thunderball.
    Same could be said about many other Bond movies. Let's try TLD, for example:
    - Both are shot in Morocco. Both feature Tangier as a location
    - Both have a big action setpiece set in snowy Austria
    - Both have a gadget-laden Aston Martin
    - Both have Bond confronting a former enemy. In TLD it's Pushkin, in SP it's Mr.White.

Or LALD:
    - Both have an action scene where Bond's plane gets its
    wings cut off.
    - Both feature a henchman who smiles a lot, who Bond disposes
    after a fight on a train.
    - Both have a parade.
    - Both have a scene in Bond's apartment.

I'm sure that someone will make some sort of nod-collection when SP comes out.
    Zekidk wrote: »
    There are a lot of similarities shaping up between Spectre and Thunderball.
    Same could be said about many other Bond movies. Let's try TLD, for example:
    - Both are shot in Morocco. Both feature Tangier as a location
    - Both have a big action setpiece set in snowy Austria
    - Both have a gadget-laden Aston Martin
    - Both have Bond confronting a former enemy. In TLD it's Pushkin, in SP it's Mr.White.

Or LALD:
    wings cut off.
    - Both feature a henchman who smiles a lot, who Bond disposes
    after a fight on a train.
    - Both have a parade.
    - Both have a scene in Bond's apartment.

I'm sure that someone will make some sort of nod-collection when SP comes out.

@Zekidk You're right SP does have a lot of elements from TLD and LALD. Actually SP has elements from all the films. All the films are in some kind of way similar, after all they are all 007 films.

We also know which Sam's favourite Bond movie is, we will get some references from there too. :)
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    According to this tweet:

Confirmed London #SPECTRE filming: 17th May & 14th June 9pm-12am. Low flying 'stunt' helicopter down the river Thames towards Westminster.
    User Ringo Mountbaten MBE posted this on Twitter:

"Confirmed London #SPECTRE filming: 17th May & 14th June 9pm-12am. Low flying 'stunt' helicopter down the river Thames towards Westminster."
    @marketto007 and @Zekidk Thank you so much for that confirmation. You're fast!!
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 5,767
    Or LALD:
    wings cut off.
    That doesn´t count, it´s a longstanding Bond tradition ;-).

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Hmm, I wonder why they didn't decide to go ahead and shoot something like that when they were already doing filming on the Thames.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Hmm, I wonder why they didn't decide to go ahead and shoot something like that when they were already doing filming on the Thames.
    17th May & 14th June 9pm-12am. Low flying 'stunt' helicopter down the river Thames towards Westminster.[/i]
    The cat is out of the bag now. We will have
    another action-scene set during the night around Thames.
  • chipstickschipsticks NOT on TheDanielCraigForum where they think know Daniel Craig personally and Léa and Monica are ugly
    edited March 2015 Posts: 560

Chris Corbould, Barbara and Sam on set.

1jr8oJK.jpg
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Zekidk,
    I've only seen the October script - was good for me to not have the entire third act spoiled for me - so I have an idea of what this may include. Why would they shoot for three hours on two dates that are one month apart, any idea? Just seems odd to me.
    @Creasy47

Actually, it makes perfect sense, IMO.
    The action setpiece on the Thames is a huge sequence which require a lot more preparation, than just Bond and Tanner cruising down the river in a RIB. There's a lot of stuff going on, so maybe the 2nd day is for backup?
    EDITED.
    edited March 2015 Posts: 1,208
    @Creasy47

Actually, it makes perfect sense, IMO.
    The action setpiece on the Thames is a huge sequence which require a lot more preparation, than just Bond and Tanner cruising down the river in a RIB. Besides the latter is a night sequence, the former shot during the day. Besides it would probably look better if shot during spring/summer, than winter.

EDITED

@Zekidk @Creasy47

I agree totally with Zekidk.
    He is right the scene with Bond and Tanner on the RIB is nothing complicated to set up. They need a boat with Daniel and Rory, one boat for the camera and a security patrol for the scene filming.
    Where as for this huge action sequence for the finale scene is much more complicated and Hoyte, Sam and other crew want some great angles for the shooting
    I think that is great. It would be bad if they filmed all the scenes blue/green screen but this way we will have a mixture I love that.

EDITED

If you don't want the spoiler please don't read the quote in @Zekidk's post below.
    I'm sorry once more.
    Webcam in Zocalo is still in function, lets hope it will be on tomorrow, too.

live.jpg?d=1427221558914

I just read a report that Stephanie Sigman and Daniel Craig filmed scenes yesterday of the exterior and interior in the Gran Hotel Ciudad de Mexico.

Today according to a number of reports and local reliable sources they should start filming the action sequences and Alessandro Cremona (Marco Sciarra) will join Daniel Craig on set
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    It's friday apparently
    It's friday apparently

@Mendes4Lyfe Could you be more specific please? What is on Friday?
    aaron819 wrote: »
    He is right the scene with Bond and Tanner on the RIB is nothing complicated to set up. They need a boat with Daniel and Rory, one boat for the camera and a security patrol for the scene filming.
    Where as for this huge action sequence for the finale scene is much more complicated and Hoyte, Sam and other crew want some great angles for the shooting (when Bond shoots the helicopter engines, Bond and Madeleine dialogue and the helicopter interior scenes).
    From this we can say that the scenes on Westminster Bridge will be filmed green/blue screen.
    I think that is great. It would be bad if they filmed all the scenes blue/green screen but this way we will have a mixture I love that.
    That's way too many details. Belongs in the "other" thread. Everyone else: Caution!
    Where as for this huge action sequence for the finale scene is much more complicated and Hoyte, Sam and other crew want some great angles for the shooting (when Bond shoots the helicopter engines, Bond and Madeleine dialogue and the helicopter interior scenes).
    From this we can say that the scenes on Westminster Bridge will be filmed green/blue screen. I think that is great. It would be bad if they filmed all the scenes blue/green screen but this way we will have a mixture I love that.
    That's way too many details. Belongs in the "other" thread. Everyone else: Caution!

I have fixed the post a bit, sorry :)
    Just received this photos from a local source. All from today, they are re-shooting the parade.

q2b0Co5.jpg

GIDysYn.jpg

kyzD9OW.jpg

iRVFzpY.jpg
    Thanks
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    From this we can say that the scenes on Westminster Bridge will be filmed green/blue screen. I think that is great. It would be bad if they filmed all the scenes blue/green screen but this way we will have a mixture I love that.

I have fixed the post a bit, sorry :)

Just look on the other thread, I guess it must be Friday?
    edited March 2015 Posts: 1,208
    Filming has started today:

The black vehicle/trucks are being used in filming

Daniel has been on set since 10am local Mexico time

CA4ej_eW8AEN8eK.jpg
    CA4ej8MW4AEZUPO.jpg
    CA4f3fCWsAAdmNI.jpg
    CA4h-9yWkAEzF1i.jpg
    CA4ijHuWAAA7O5s.jpg
    They're outing these boards/blocks all around the area to prevent the press taking pictures

CA4jQLUWgAAAw-Y.jpg:large
    First photo of Daniel on set today

CA4lAPiWwAAN3eK.jpg
    Seems like they have turned off the webcams in Zocalo Square. Currently it is 13:10 local time in Mexico and the last time the webcam was refreshed was at 12:47
    Spectre-CDMX.jpg
    Filmacion.jpg
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 2,015
    I'm more and more worried for those who hope to stay spoiler-free here...

The "irony" is that many here who post a lot of info on the production have read the leaks, and comment a bit too much on them IMO. So
    1) They stay here : spoilers will be more and more important here
    2) They post only in the LEAKS thread : others will have far less pictures and videos to look at.

Marketto seems to be one of the very few who post lots of info on the production and yet has not read the leaks.. but can he run the production thread "alone" on a website that sometimes "forgets" him ? :) [And sorry for others I did not mention, I can't remember all the names]