SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Although it was WASP at one point. ;)
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 2,115
    Ludovico wrote: »
    [Aquote="ClarkDevlin;419359"]
    JCRendle wrote: »
    Didn't Mission Impossible 5 also film at Blenheim Palace? Add this to Austria and Morocco...spooooky
    and doesn't the plot of MI:5 have Ethan Hunt battling an organisation called SPECTRE? No? Oh, ok
    I think this time, mysteriously, I rather think Ethan Hunt will indeed be fighting a SPECTRE-like organization, called The Syndicate, they are famous for being the antagonists in the Mission: Impossible franchise, speaking about the television series that is. They are to IMF what SPECTRE is to MI-6, and what THRUSH is to UNCLE.

In the original Mission: Impossible series, "The Syndicate" referred to the Mafia. They used avoided using that term.

That was common in U.S. television series at the time. The FBI preferred La Cosa Nostra (even though none of its leaders as depicted in the show were Italian). Toward the end of the series, they switched to "the Criminal Organization," when referring to organized crime. Mannix, a detective series, also used "The Syndicate" for referring to the Mafia.

• DrGorner wrote: »
    Although it was WASP at one point. ;)

In To Trap a Spy, the movie version of the U.N.C.L.E. pilot, they dub the word "Wasp," when actors are clearly saying "Thrush."

Background: After the pilot was filmed, NBC didn't like the name Thrush. Various alternatives, including Wasp, were considered. Wasp got vetoed, I believe, because Gerry Anderson's Stringray series featured a group called WASP (actually the organization of the heroes).

At one point, the name MAGGOTT (with 2 t's) was considered. I have the first draft script for The Double Affair, dated May 1964, which uses MAGGOTT. Eventually, none of the alternatives worked out so they ended up using Thrush after all.
    Very interesting, I'm no expert on The Man from UNCLE, but I
    Do love the show. :)
  • WTF: All these wannabe-spy franchises like Mission Impossible, Kingsman and UNCLE, do the SPECTRE-way :-P. But again. The Syndicate, THRUSH.....they will all look pale in comparison to the cruell effectiveness of.....S.P.E.C.T.R.E. The original, one and only, crime syndicate! :-P
    I do love the name,
    Technological Hierarchy for the Removal of Undesirables and the Subjugation of Humanity.
    Just rolls of the tongue. :)
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    edited February 2015 Posts: 3,277
    Some new photos from Bleinheim Palace.

XxNrmrj.jpg

B9ZBQHHIcAAH1zm.jpg
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    I hope SPECTRE doesn't get accused of copying MI5 since that film was bumped up to the summer.
    Ludovico wrote: »
    [Aquote="ClarkDevlin;419359"]
    JCRendle wrote: »
    Didn't Mission Impossible 5 also film at Blenheim Palace? Add this to Austria and Morocco...spooooky
    and doesn't the plot of MI:5 have Ethan Hunt battling an organisation called SPECTRE? No? Oh, ok
    I think this time, mysteriously, I rather think Ethan Hunt will indeed be fighting a SPECTRE-like organization, called The Syndicate, they are famous for being the antagonists in the Mission: Impossible franchise, speaking about the television series that is. They are to IMF what SPECTRE is to MI-6, and what THRUSH is to UNCLE.

In the original Mission: Impossible series, "The Syndicate" referred to the Mafia. They used avoided using that term.

That was common in U.S. television series at the time. The FBI preferred La Cosa Nostra (even though none of its leaders as depicted in the show were Italian). Toward the end of the series, they switched to "the Criminal Organization," when referring to organized crime. Mannix, a detective series, also used "The Syndicate" for referring to the Mafia.

So basically not exactly a SPECTRE clone.
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 14,831
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    I hope SPECTRE doesn't get accused of copying MI5 since that film was bumped up to the summer.

Somehow I doubt it. When MI2 was released, people said it was aping Bond. When they do use Bond tropes its pretty obvious. In the great scheme of things, James Bond came first.
  • DrGorner wrote: »
    I do love the name,
    Technological Hierarchy for the Removal of Undesirables and the Subjugation of Humanity.
    Just rolls of the tongue. :)

Yeah but: SPecial Executive for Counter-intelligence Terrorism, Revenge and Extortion
    >:)
    Looks like the cars are being put on the transporter to be taken away, presumably that means filming ther has come to an end?
    From @007's Facebook:

The Jaguar C-X75, the Range Rover Sport SVR and bespoke vehicle Defender ‘Big Foot’ are set to feature in SPECTRE. The C-X75 is set to feature in a spectacular chase through Rome alongside the Aston Martin DB10.

10849075_810044342421718_5724392262109490889_o.jpg

A very cool array of vehicles!!!

Some new photos from Bleinheim Palace.

XxNrmrj.jpg

B9ZBQHHIcAAH1zm.jpg

Thanks for sharing Marketto! Going to be so interesting to see this chase come the movies release in November! :D
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 421
    Does anyone know what that type of Bentley that is?

• RogueAgent wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing Marketto! Going to be so interesting to see this chase come the movies release in November! :D

Ten more months! :D
    I can't wait. :D
    Flying Spur I think.
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 11,119
    You know, for months I have been hoping for a "winter"-Bond film. Which is not entirely true, given the fact that big chunks are filmed in Italy, Morocco and Mexico. But "SPECTRE" also seems to be shaping up like the ultimate, quintessential "car chase"-film, that could leave a big influential stamp on the selection of best car chase movies, regardless of being a Bond-film.

One thing I really hope for: Perfect editing, so that we can actually follow Bond's driving skills. Here I wrote down some important elements on how we can achieve that:
    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/10135/spectre-so-how-should-a-possible-car-chase-turn-out#latest

The chase sequence in Austria is in part a car chase. And then there is the big car chase that will be set in Italy. And none of them are taking place in the PTS, which puts the most memorable action fully in the middle of the film. And we know that so many Bond films have this "1st half is great, 2nd half is suffering"-problem. I really think "SPECTRE" will not have that.

And guys? By jolly, those damn Brits are still ruling the waves =D>. And I don't give a damn about the fact that the production budget of "SPECTRE" is an insanely $300 Million. I'm thankful in every aspect that this Bond film is able to spend so much :-D:
    jaguar-c-x75-6.jpg
    069f6653-050f-428a-9cd7-48cf715ef058.jpg
    2015-Range-Rover-Sport-SVR-2.jpg
  • I totally agree @Gustav_Graves

And guys? By jolly, those damn Brits are still ruling the waves =D>.
    Nobody does it better ;)

• mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    =D>
  • One question? Any news about the Sölden shooting, which started today?
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    I really hope these locations actually have some significance and substance with regard to the plot. Ill be disappointed if they're just pretty backdrops.
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    Is the 2nd and 3rd unit now in Sölden or not?
    Is this from the actual shooting at Bleiheim? Looks like Bond is running/escaping:

• zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Suddenly, Bond realized he was clueless as to where he parked the Aston. ;-)
    ...so he steals a Fiat 500 ;-)
  • Zekidk wrote: »
    Is this from the actual shooting at Bleiheim? Looks like Bond is running/escaping:

It's the kick-off of the greatest car chase in cinematic history :-P
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 1,552
    Zekidk wrote: »

• JCRendle wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »

Ufff, that was a great one indeed. But I firmly believe "SPECTRE" will be mentioned as the only James Bond film with a car chase that can be compared with other famed cinematic car chases:
    --> "To Live And Die In LA"
    --> "The Bourne Identity"
    --> "The French Connection"
    --> "Ronin"
    --> "Bullitt"

And a James Bond film should/must make it to the shortlist of "best car chases ever". I firmly believe "SPECTRE" can do that.