SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• edited October 2014 Posts: 267
    I think this is brilliant, after finding out I decided to just search through images and this is the shot that makes me see him as a henchman. Also, is anyone looking forward to seeing a shot of Seydoux and Bautista standing next to each other? (if her character is a villain that is)

Dave+Batista+on+Kimmel+-a8EtD8qCEil.jpg
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 11,119
    Matt_Helm wrote: »
    Damn, Dave Batista. He is.......big, large, very very tall. And I liked him a lot in "Guardians Of The Galaxy". Man, if it's true, I call this another masterpiece of casting. AND Batista brings some Marvel-fans to the Bond franchise. Also from a marketing perspective.....smart, very damn smart indeed.

You are really living your fandom, don't you?

Yes sir ;-). I'm not just a fan, I'm the most autistic Bond nerd around here ;-). Because of all this casting news, I've been buying new Bond merchandise, including official licensed BluRay steelbooks (only GF, SF and GE have been officially released in stunning beautiful steelbooks). I bought "Bond On Bond" (damn, Sir Moore is funny). And also the entire 50th anniversary BluRay collection I just bought (finally, restored to its original sound effects, that was on the DVD Special Edition, but got replaced on the Ultimate Edition DVD's by dreadful too modern sounds. How can you do that to Norman Wanstall's legacy!).

So yes, there's something wrong with me hehe :-P.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    After looking at a tonne of pics and re-reading what little info/rumours we have, i think Froggatt is going to be the leading lady.

The main Bond girl will be an A-list actress.

Which would be another step in the wrong direction. The beauty of the Bond franchise has always been,that it doesn't need to be an all star ensemble to work. Each and every star on the hiring list (doesn't matter on what side of the camera ) just means less money for locations and all the other stuff I (and I suppose many others ) associate with Bond movies.

The best is to combine both:
    A) Typical, but unique and suave Bond looks and beauty,
    with,
    B) Top notch acting skills on a stellar Oscar-worthy acting CV.
    Following these announcements we've been getting, I really think Bond 24 is going to be great Bond movie that will remind us of the old Bond days without being too obvious about it.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    After looking at a tonne of pics and re-reading what little info/rumours we have, i think Froggatt is going to be the leading lady.

The main Bond girl will be an A-list actress.

Which would be another step in the wrong direction. The beauty of the Bond franchise has always been,that it doesn't need to be an all star ensemble to work. Each and every star on the hiring list (doesn't matter on what side of the camera ) just means less money for locations and all the other stuff I (and I suppose many others ) associate with Bond movies.

The best is to combine both:
    A) Typical, but unique and suave Bond looks and beauty,
    with,
    B) Top notch acting skills on a stellar Oscar-worthy acting CV.

Sure it would. But there is only so much one can invest in one movie. Why not find great actors before even the Academy (known to be last almost all the time to get the message ) knows about them?
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I head a recent rumour that Emily Blunt might be in the running. If that's true, I'm excited. Excellent, charismatic actress and will definitely fit in with Craig's Bond.
    bondjames wrote: »
    I head a recent rumour that Emily Blunt might be in the running. If that's true, I'm excited. Excellent, charismatic actress and will definitely fit in with Craig's Bond.

Whaaaaat? Can you post a link to the source? EMILY BLUNT has been my number one choice for months! She would be amazing!
  • If Batista leapfrogs the Rock to become a Bond henchman, I'll have to laugh. He should do fine, though, he was great in GOTG (and passable in The Man With the Iron Fists) as a big angry guy who beats people up.
    If that's true, Pistols will invite everybody here for a Martini and else...right? :D
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited October 2014 Posts: 11,139
    Assuming he doesn't pass out from an overwhelming force of excitement :D
    It's not a full out there rumour but it's been percolating on some of the Bond sites, including commanderbond.net. Apparently, they are looking for a British female lead and Blunt's schedule is clear which may be a clue. However, it's not out there like the Bautista/Seydoux talk. More wishful thinking (and I am wishing)

Whaaaaat? Can you post a link to the source? EMILY BLUNT has been my number one choice for months! She would be amazing!

It's not a full out there rumour but it's been percolating on some of the Bond sites, including commanderbond.net. Apparently, they are looking for a British female lead and Blunt's schedule is clear which may be a clue. However, it's not out there like the Bautista/Seydoux talk. More wishful thinking (and I am wishing)

Her schedule isn't that clear she's working on a film called 'Sicario' with Josh Brolin which is due for release next year.

Also, to some peoples dismay Joanne Froggatt's schedule is completely clear If you look at her IMDb page
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 4,619
    AdaShelby wrote: »
    Her schedule isn't that clear she's working on a film called 'Sicario' with Josh Brolin which is due for release next year.

Also, to some peoples dismay Joanne Froggatt's schedule is completely clear If you look at her IMDb page

Emily Blunt's schedule is completely clear. They have already finished filming Sicario. As for Froggart, it doesn't really matter whether her schedule is clear or not as she won't play the main Bond girl. (I am 100% sure about this. End of story.) :bz

Emily Blunt's schedule is completely clear. They have already finished filming Sicario. As for Froggart, it doesn't really matter whether her schedule is clear or not as she won't play the main Bond girl. (I am 100% sure about this. End of story.) :bz

Someone's a bit touchy... And what reasons do you have to say that she won't be the Bond girl unless you're a member of the crew which I very much doubt?
  • Last week at a BFI dinner Emily Blunt claimed that she had no idea what she was working on next and gave the impression that she was concentrating on motherhood for the time being. She could be fibbing of course.

Rebecca Hall has a suspiciously clear schedule at the moment, but would Mendes really cast his girlfriend? Would there be a height problem opposite Craig?

Another actress with a seemingly clear film and TV schedule is Rose Byrne. Since September she has been appearing in a play on Broadway and I have been unable to find out how long her commitment to the play lasts. Considering that she was a strong Vesper contender it wouldn't surprise me if Eon went back to her. She represents my best guess at the moment.
    I'm all for Blunt or Hall. Not a fan of Froggat or Byrne personally.

Blunt got me in her first scene in Looper I think - when she came out of her house and started smoking an imaginary cigarette (her character was obviously still in withdrawal mode). - totally cool scene.
    Last week at a BFI dinner Emily Blunt claimed that she had no idea what she was working on next and gave the impression that she was concentrating on motherhood for the time being. She could be fibbing of course.

I just saw those interviews. She won't appear in Bond 24, unless she is an excellent liar. :(
    And what reasons do you have to say that she won't be the Bond girl unless you're a member of the crew which I very much doubt?

1. She objective doesn't have the looks to be a Bond girl.
    2. They won't cast an actress to play the main Bond girl who is less accomplished and well-known than the secondary Bond girl. No, the main Bond girl will be somene more famous than Léa Seydoux.
    3. Actors that appeared in Skyfall but won't appear in Bond 24: Judi Dench, Javier Bardem, Albert Finney. These are world class actors and Bond 24 will need other world class actors in their place.

If Froggart appears in Bond 24, she will have a small role, like McCrory did in Skyfall. This is what she said in the summer: "Who wouldn’t like to be a Bond girl? I am not the Bond girl type. I would probably be more a Q or an M…we’ll see. I don’t know." Even she knows she is no Bond girl material...
    Although I haven't got a clue, I like your reasoning.

Everything you say makes sense and personally I hope to god Froggat is not the main girl - while a good actress she is just too plain for me.
    And what reasons do you have to say that she won't be the Bond girl unless you're a member of the crew which I very much doubt?

2. They won't cast an actress to play the main Bond girl who is less accomplished and well-known than the secondary Bond girl. No, the main Bond girl will be somene more famous than Léa Seydoux.
    3. Actors that appeared in Skyfall but won't appear in Bond 24: Judi Dench, Javier Bardem, Albert Finney. These are world class actors and Bond 24 will need other world class actors in their place.

If Froggart appears in Bond 24, she will have a small role, like McCrory did in Skyfall.

If Froggart appears in Bond 24, she will have a small role, like McCrory did in Skyfall. This is what she said in the summer: "Who wouldn’t like to be a Bond girl? I am not the Bond girl type. I would probably be more a Q or an M…we’ll see. I don’t know." Even she knows she is no Bond girl material...

I can't even tell you why I'm sticking up for her. I've never really seen the stuff she's in and I am from the UK. I think it's just the fact that as much as I love Emily Blunt (especially in Wild Target) I just don't see her as a Bond girl alongside Craig. My ultimate wish is that Andrea Riseborough is the Bond girl in Bond 24 but after seeing someone on commanderbond.net mention that having two Bond girls who have worked alongside Tom Cruise quite recently is not a good idea, I now know that it's probably not gonna happen.
    Andrea Riseborough would be very good. Keep in mind that Blunt, Seydoux and Riseborough have all starred opposite Cruise recently. Lucky guy..

I don't think the producers will care about that. After all, they cast Seydoux already despite her MI role and they cast Finney despite his Bourne role. They know how to make the character suitably different so that it won't be a problem. Hell, they may make Seydoux a redhead or brunette so as not to draw comparisons with her MI character.

AdaShelby said:
    I can't even tell you why I'm sticking up for her. I've never really seen the stuff she's in and I am from the UK. I think it's just the fact that as much as I love Emily Blunt (especially in Wild Target) I just don't see her as a Bond girl alongside Craig. My ultimate wish is that Andrea Riseborough is the Bond girl in Bond 24 but after seeing someone on commanderbond.net mention that having two Bond girls who have worked alongside Tom Cruise quite recently is not a good idea, I now know that it's probably not gonna happen. [/quote]

Andrea Riseborough would be very good. Keep in mind that Blunt, Seydoux and Riseborough have all starred opposite Cruise recently. Lucky guy..

[/quote]

I forgot that Blunt also starred alongside him haha. What is it with us Bond fans and girls who've been with Cruise.

• edited October 2014 Posts: 11,119
    I just love this "MediaMass"-project :-P. Great and original "Elliot Carver-esque" way of creating news :-P:

"Tilda Swinton to play 54-year-old Bond Girl"
    http://en.mediamass.net/people/tilda-swinton/james-bond.html
  • CatchingBulletsCatchingBullets facebook.com/catchingbullets
    So how do folk have access to all these actresses and studio schedules for the next twelve months? And so much IMDB based certainty here.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    talos7 wrote: »
    Coming off of the success of Guardians of the Galaxy : Dave Bautista

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1176985/?ref_=tt_cl_t3

He's always been my first choice for the Henchman role; I hope it true.

They won't cast an actress to play the main Bond girl who is less accomplished and well-known than the secondary Bond girl.
    They've done that in the past. TND, AVTAK to name a few.

Most main Bond-girls have been unknowns at the time. The only A-class female actors who've been lead Bond girls have been Diana Rigg and Halle Berry, IIRC.
    Zekidk wrote: »
    They won't cast an actress to play the main Bond girl who is less accomplished and well-known than the secondary Bond girl.
    They've done that in the past. TND, AVTAK to name a few.

Most main Bond-girls have been unknowns at the time. The only A-class female actors who've been lead Bond girls have been Diana Rigg and Halle Berry, IIRC.

I agree, more recently Severine was considered the main Bond girl and Berenice was an unknown.

I agree, more recently Severine was considered the main Bond girl and Berenice was an unknown.

Severine as the main Bond girl? Are you kidding me? She was in the movie for about 10 minutes. Skyfall didn't really have a main Bond girl but Eve had a much larger role in the movie than Severine.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    When did we revert back to calling themBond girls? Media included.

Severine as the main Bond girl? Are you kidding me? She was in the movie for about 10 minutes. Skyfall didn't really have a main Bond girl but Eve had a much larger role in the movie than Severine.

I don't think screentime matters. I agree that there wasn't really a main Bond girl in Skyfall but for me, Severine was the main Bond girl if I were to choose one. Having Eve turning out to be Moneypenny, turned me away from thinking that she could be considered the main Bond girl.