World War Z

edited December 2012 in General Movies & TV Posts: 1,661
I know director Marc Forster isn't liked by a lot of Bond fans but the trailer for World War Z (he directed the film) looks pretty great!

The music is very similar to the first Prometheus teaser trailer. The "baaaaa" sound.

I like all the aerial shots. Really gives the film a grand sense of scale. :) Could be one of the films of next year. The entire world overrun by zombies. Epic stuff! If this film really works it could be incredible.

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I will say, the film looks good. It has nothing to do with the book upon which it's "based", but it looks good.
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 615
    Yeah, they basically spit on the book.

IMO, "athletic" zombies -- the running, jumping kind -- really suck.

The zombies in the novel were the slower, shambling kind... No ant-like zombie "tsumanis".
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    The movie looks good. Granted, I'm a Romero Zombie man, but the movie still looked good.
  • So very good word of mouth from the first reviews coming in it seems.
    World overrun by Zombies? Is that what this movie is about? Kick me for being so naive. I am not a fan of this genre and knowing that this is just another zombie movie..then count me out.
    I'll wati for The Conjuring...
    Curious to see this film? Will keep an eye on the reviews?
  • Watch out I'm already feeling I've read too many spoilers from the few first reviews (I'll go and see it and read nothing until then now)
    It's supposed to be a very intense film (but best to take the hype with a pinch of salt). Could be quite cool, though.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I, too, have heard that it departs from the book heavily, but after hearing about how intense and epic in scale the film is, I'm more than excited for it. This summer is going to keep me quite busy with films.
  • Finally saw it, very good IMO ! I liked it a lot better than Man of Steel : The Nikon experience (I mean the product placement in WWZ is at least around a little gag, not as painful as in MoS :) ).

It joins CR in the ranks of rumored "troublesome" shootings that deliver in the end.
    I saw it the other night with a few pals and had no expectations going into it, since I didn't quite know what all it would be, but I was very pleased with the movie overall! It was really entertaining!
    Too bad then, Mark Forster didn't deliver for QOS.
    edited July 2013 Posts: 1,575
    Germanlady wrote:
    Too bad then, Mark Forster didn't deliver for QOS.

You're funny. :) and right about forster.

• edited July 2013 Posts: 2,015
    Best opening day in France for WWZ since I dont know when. About 500.000 viewers Wednesday. Twice more than Skyfall's first day. Of course there's more than meet the eye but people like figures out of context here :)

Bring back Marc Forster for a Bond every 2 years, it seems he can deliver blockbusters without a script (QoS then WWZ) :)
    He didn't deliver on QOS considering the opportunities he has had, even without a finished script. With this film, he might have learned to not cut the film into pieces though. Sadly one film too late. He shouldn't be allowed near a Bond film ever again though. But he DID deliver on what he set out to do in a way - make it fast as a bullit. Yeah - you don't see a bullit flying either - same with the action sequences. He wasted the huge budget QOS had to cover the cutting floor with it. Indeed - very artsy..
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    The urge to destroy is also a creative urge. Forster must have had that written on all the walls inside the editing room.
    I really loved WWZ, and had a lot of fun watching it. I, too, went in not expecting a whole lot, and enjoyed myself the whole way through. For some reason, the editing only really stood out to me in the beginning 20-30 minutes, but after that, I don't recall it being a problem. Even in the beginning, it wasn't terribly bad, but there were still moments where it was hard for me to tell what was really going on.
  • 00Hero00Hero Banned
    edited July 2013 Posts: 121
    I saw it to and imo it was great. The car crash was breath-taking imo and who doesnt like the zombies. Editing was good too and World War Z-II will have Nazi zombies you see what I did there.
    World War Z looks too have way too much cgi like man of steel.
    Is this true because i haven't seen the films yet just seen the trailers and read the reviews of both?

001 wrote:
    World War Z looks too have way too much cgi like man of steel.
    Is this true because i haven't seen the films yet just seen the trailers and read the reviews of both?

It has a good bit of CGI, yeah. When the film shortens down the scale and focuses on only zombies, then there isn't any CGI. But, I can't complain seeing thousands of zombies piling up together or seeing massive amounts sprint through alleyways in a city. It's amazing.

• 00Hero00Hero Banned
    In my opinion its just the right amount of Cgi not too much not too little.