The James Bond Movie Trivia Quiz

Comments

• R1s1ngs0nR1s1ngs0n France
    Goldfinger PTS ?
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    There isn't a countdown visible in the GF PTS, or is it?
    edited December 2020 Posts: 2,002
    There isn't a countdown visible in the GF PTS, or is it?

There's a timer clock, so it probably doesn't count (no pun intended)
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    TSWLM - the countdown timer Bond uses to open a hole in the Liparus control room is 20 seconds.
    I'm looking for a countdown which is less than 10 seconds. And you can clearly read the time from activation to the explosion.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    My guess would be Bond's bang-on-time watch in Moonraker? Although I can't remember if you even see the countdown!
    :D
    edited December 2020 Posts: 4,378
    I don't believe that there is a visible countdown and isn't the explosion right after the activation?
    What I'm looking for is a bomb with a coountdown where you can see how many seconds there are between the activation and the explosion. The countdown is visible in digital numbers.
    Maybe a shortie if it is allowed (and also wondering if it is not too easy for u)

"What is a common, quite curious trivia between LALD and SP ?"
    Maybe a shortie if it is allowed (and also wondering if it is not too easy for u)

"What is a common, quite curious trivia between LALD and SP ?"

Villains with double identities ?
  • edited December 2020 Posts: 17
    Not meaning that... more casual and secondary but nevertheless curious.
    006 in GE would be another villain with double identity, perhaps also Gustav Graves in DAD.
    My quiz is not regarding a certain person or charakter, more a "event" or behaviour.
  • Tokoloshe2Tokoloshe2 Northern Ireland
    I think we should stick to one question at a time; the previous one has not been answered yet.
    My guess for the countdown timer would be the bomb Renard leaves for Bond at the bottom of the elevator shaft.
    Tokoloshe2 wrote: »
    My guess for the countdown timer would be the bomb Renard leaves for Bond at the bottom of the elevator shaft.

Yes, the timer is set for 5 seconds (although the scene goes on for 15 seconds before we see the explosion!). Over to you @Tokoloshe2
    Gogol's question is good to go now; I don't have anything in mind.
    Gogol's question is good to go now; I don't have anything in mind.

So maybe take over my question please: "which common and curious trivia or link have LALD and SP ?"

A clue, my quiz is not regarding a certain person or charakter, more a behaviour
    Not meaning that... more casual and secondary but nevertheless curious.
    006 in GE would be another villain with double identity, perhaps also Gustav Graves in DAD.
    My quiz is not regarding a certain person or charakter, more a "event" or behaviour.

Voodoo ritual and Dia de los Muertos - both events feature death as a central theme.
    The first sees a human sacrificied/offered to Baron Samedi whereas in the second, food and beverages are placed on the 'offrendas' as gifts for the dead.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Yes, the timer is set for 5 seconds (although the scene goes on for 15 seconds before we see the explosion!). Over to you @Tokoloshe2

Of course! :D
    @R1s1ngs0n
    Good call, even deeper than what i mean, but i saw another curious circumstance
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited December 2020 Posts: 14,861
    It's not just that both Bonds wear a black polar-neck in promo photos? :D

We might need something a bit more specific: they're both Bond films so they have quite a bit in common!
    Okay,
    First clue was it is not about a character or person, but about a behaviour and quite marginal circumstance (but nevertheless interesting)

Second clue is: both identical "situations" happen early in the respectively movies: in LALD very early -;) and in SP around 25% of the movie
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Funerals?
    Moneypenny in Bond's home.
    And M.
    mtm wrote: »
    Funerals?
    Funerals are common in both movies, yes, but we see funerals also in TB, TWINE, YOLT ...

Clue 3) in LALD this circumstance is before the funerals ( so yes it is the PTS), in SP it occurs after the funerals of Signor Sciarra.
    Politicians of many different countries meet and discuss in one room.
    QBranch wrote: »
    Moneypenny in Bond's home.

This is also a very good call, should be also a unique link between both movies. But not what i was meaning.
    Remember please, trivia is not based on a certain person, more a common behaviour or attitude of 2 different persons, they are also absolutely not important in the plot (whereas Moneypenny, 007 and M are so).

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Something to do with the UN meeting and the Nine Eyes vote? Representatives from lots of countries in a room?

EDIT: Sorry, just saw goldenswiss has already said this.
    I would like it more specific, more curious...
    Some councils, Defense meeting, UNO, Spectre, Phantom, "mafia"... etc we see in more than these both movies ... i would enumerate as example also TB, OP, ATVAK.

But now You are very near, Goldenswiss and MTM -;)

What have common these councils of the movies LALD and SP ?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    They're indoors? They use translators? They sit at desks? It could be anything.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Someone is killed.