The James Bond Movie Trivia Quiz

Comments

Nope, but you're close.
  • Tokoloshe2Tokoloshe2 Northern Ireland
    Hope you don't mind the feedback here, but this kind of question doesn't really work.

There are hundreds and hundreds of unique things that happen in every Bond film, so really we are just trying to guess which one you're referring to. If you have to keep giving additional clues to narrow it down then it's really not a trivia question it's just a guessing game. And I'm sure having to keep replying with "That's not the unique thing I'm thinking of" isn't much fun.
    I think we'll have to agree to disagree on that point, Tokoloshe2. My question concerns one very big point regarding a very famous character, something we discover in this movie, and not any of the preceding ones. So, another clue is needed, methinks :

It's thanks to a character of equal ranking that we discover it. If Bond had done it, he would have been in big trouble.
    Gogol and M using each others' first names, then.
    Yes indeed ! This was the first time that we learned the first name of M, Miles, (although not his last name, which, as any Bond fan knows, was Messervy). Your turn now.
    Where would you see the date "July 9, 1966" in a Bond film?
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    That's a bit too easy to find out, I think (and I don't want to take over this time). Just my, uh, "20 cents". Standard issue, so to speak.
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    I don't know it without using google. I believe it is a birth date seen on an ID of Bond...in CR?
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    @goldenswissroyale: Now even in his latest incarnation, Bond isn't THAT young.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I thought the Craig Bond was born in '68? Although I think he's younger by the time Spectre comes around! :)
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I'm going to guess, and then probably google it right after(!), but is it maybe the date Bond gets 'murdered' in Hong Kong?
    mtm wrote: »
    I'm going to guess, and then probably google it right after(!), but is it maybe the date Bond gets 'murdered' in Hong Kong?

You're close enough, it's the date on the newspaper the unnamed enemy has while he watches Bond's burial at sea.
  • marcmarc Universal Exports
    The other way round, this time :--)
    If @mtm can't take over, maybe @Tokoloshe2 can continue?

Same with the 'Odd one out' thread - perhaps @R1s1ngs0n can continue there?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Sorry; I was up against a deadline.

Umm... okay, what's James Bond's waist measurement, and how do we know?
    Well, by reading 'The Sun' one can find out that JB as represented by Craig has a waist of 32 inches, but I guess the question is about information from the movies.
    Or maybe it's 33 inches? Brosnan's measurement which can be derived from a mi6-hq article.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Getting warmer! I think (I'll explain why) your first answer was correct according to the actual movies, but I do need to know which movie explains it :D
    Since I don't remember something from the movies I'll have to guess. The second guess was warmer, so the information could be from the Brosnan era. Maybe in DAD when he gets new clothes or in connection with his Virtual Reality training?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Not DAD but your thinking is along the right lines.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Typical leather belt, male size 34, buckle notch.
    From GoldenEye?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Nice one :) Yes indeed, that's my thinking- apparently belts should be two inches bigger than your waist but not being an expert I'm guessing it means he has a 32 inch waist! :)
    Strange that they mention a size since belts are usually adjustable, unless this one is a fixed size due to its Q-branch special features
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Thanks.
    I don't have anything in mind, so I'll pass this over to anyone who wants to take it.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    All right, I have one.

Which person has contributed to the most Bond films?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Gosh that's a good one. I'd be tempted to say Michael G but I expect it's trickier than that.

Was it that trumpet player?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    mtm wrote: »
    Gosh that's a good one. I'd be tempted to say Michael G but I expect it's trickier than that.

Was it that trumpet player?

Yes, it was. Derek Watkins. 23 Bond films.

I knew this would be a fast one. Over to you.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Oh gosh sorry: I didn't realise I'd get it that quick! I didn't know his name so you'd be justified in not giving it to me :)

Okay, I'll go for another quick and easy one off the top of my head (so don't think badly of me for not going for insanely difficult! So no googling!): which is the first film we meet Bill Tanner onscreen?
    TMWTGG, I think? Not a particularly memorable appearance, though
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Yes indeed! :)
    edited September 2020 Posts: 1,172
    In what way did Ian Fleming appear to predict the choice of actor to play one of his villains on screen, many years before it actually happened?