The James Bond Movie Trivia Quiz

Comments

• j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Yep. Though I'd like to think it's a '59 Impala convertible (IMCDb says otherwise, I know, but it's hard to tell from that angle. KIRK B. is also the first name (except for those in the credits) to appear in the entire Bond movie series, before even one word is spoken. And, of course, in Kingston harbour.

As the Canada connection goes a bit beyond Bond trivia, I'll just tell you. M/V KIRK B. was originally built and flagged in the Netherlands in 1948 bearing the name CANADA, and then sold, re-named KIRK B. and re-flagged in Costa Rica in 1955. After a fire at Cartagena, Colombia, on June 7, 1977 (exactly one month before TSWLM premiered, by the way) she was scrapped.

cf. shipspotters.nl/viewtopic.php?t=897 (in Dutch, but with pictures)

Over to you, @Robertson.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Great story, @j_w_pepper Congratulations and thanks for that!
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    De nada, @ggl007.
    Robertson seems to have left the board for good and deleted all his postings on this thread at least, so I don't expect we'll get him to post the next trivia question.

Any takers?
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    edited July 2017 Posts: 2,667
    OK, this will keep you busy!

Lotte Lenya (born 1898) is one of two people born in the 19th century to play a named character in an EON Bond film. Who is the other?
    I can't find a date of birth for that actor anywhere; it appears to have been his only ever role! Not who I'm looking for, anyway.
    Anyone else fancy a go at this?
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    I tried the Thompson-guntoting German lady in GOLDFINGER. Born 1901.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Is it Max the parrot?
    Haha, it's not Max - or Chrome as he was known in real life. Epic guess though :)
    Roland Culver who played the Foreign Secretary in TB was born in 1900. So mathematically, he would still have been born in the 19th century, as the 20th began on 1st January, 1901. But you may still say that being the "Foreign Secretary" doesn't qualify as being named.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Ronald Culver - Foreign Secretary from TB?
    Roland, not Ronald, Shark.
    Another fine effort, but this person's character does have a name which is mentioned in the film.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    Roland, not Ronald, Shark.

Typo. No, really it was.
  • edited July 2017 Posts: 377
    denis cowles. Brunskill in goldfinger. born 1889. they say his character's name in the movie
    Yes indeed @Mack_Bolan - great to see a new face making an impressive entrance!

Brunskill is Col. Smithers waiter whom he briefly thanks for the brandy, of "overdose of Bon Bois" fame. The actor Denis Cowles was born in 1889 and appears to be the earliest-born Bond actor by nine years.

As is the custom around these parts, it's over to you to set the next question.
    Okay! I'll think of a good question
    which Bond actor was a friend of Lucky Luciano?

Here's a hint: this actor appeared in two Bond films directed by the same director

Is it Marc Lawrence?
    Correct! Your turn!
    OK, Fleming wrote a screenplay for tv called ROUGH JUSTICE. He later used it in a book instead. Title?
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
    Not that one.
    The question is maybe a bit on the side, but doesn t anyone know? ...or want to guess?
    No.
    edited July 2017 Posts: 45,489
    Fleming wrote a screenplay for tv called ROUGH JUSTICE. He later used it in a book instead. Title?

Just to be clear. The screenplay was never filmed. Fleming reworked it into a litterary text.

I googled it while on vacation in Iceland (still there), so SOMEONE should know the answer...
    I am going to Iceland in a few hours. If no one has it until then, this will stay frozen until my return later next week. You can answer it if you want to, pepper. Google is a legitimate tool.