The James Bond Movie Trivia Quiz

Comments

I love OFAS and i havent a clue...Duke as in Boisie's dog ?
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Nope, sorry. If you can figure out who Victoria's​ dad is, who doesn't "only own a pub", you'll have it.
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    edited April 2017 Posts: 2,667
    Jack Hedley

Sir Timothy Havelock in FYEO, Duke of Maylebury in OFAH.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Tokoloshe wrote: »
    Jack Hedley

Sir Timothy Havelock in FYEO, Duke of Maylebury in OFAH.

We have a winner! Yes @Tokoloshe, it is Jack Hedley who, as you have stated, was knighted before becoming a Duke.

I thought that my question would have been guessed easily with the knowledge you guys have on here.

Congrats and over to you.
    Thanks. Glad I won because I've had a Bond trivia question lined up for ages!

What links the Biblical book of Daniel with a Daniel Craig James Bond film?
    That's not it.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Does he have a brother who tries to kill him?
    Nope
    Are you thinking about the writing on the wall?
    Are you thinking about the writing on the wall?

You got it :)

Book of Daniel is the origin of the phrase "the writing's on the wall", from the feast of Belshazzar.

Didn't expect that one to go so quickly, well done Thunderfinger!
    Thanks! I have to think a while for the next one.
    All right.

Which new potential Bond was presented with a hooker, so that the producers could be sure he wasn t gay?
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    George Lazenby.
    Of course, who else?

Over to you, @j_w_pepper.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Right, who else...

And now for something completely different:

In a certain movie, at around 31:44 and 1:03:46 according to my Blu-ray player, there are scenes in a busy street of a well-known city. In the background you see (not prominently, but clearly) the sign advertising a car brand (possibly the local sales outlet or showroom for that brand). Across the street from it, there appears to be a BP petrol station.

Which car maker/brand is it?
    It is now time to keep this thread on the first page.
    edited April 2017 Posts: 45,489
    Just have to guess.

Jaguar?
    Guessing most likely won't help. That's the charm of it.
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    In a certain movie, at around 31:44 and 1:03:46 according to my Blu-ray player, there are scenes in a busy street of a well-known city. In the background you see (not prominently, but clearly) the sign advertising a car brand (possibly the local sales outlet or showroom for that brand). Across the street from it, there appears to be a BP petrol station.

Which car maker/brand is it?

Here's the next bumper post. I know you're all busy feverishly checking the Bond movies for the scenes in question.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Volkswagen !.
    As I said, guessing most likely won't help.
    Puro Motor company in FRWL?
    Where do you see a Puro Motor company? (I'm not teasing but would really like to know.)
    edited April 2017 Posts: 2,667
    I was watching FRWL last night and when Tatiana goes into the consulate it's in the background. However I didn't pause the DVD (actually couldn't find the remote!) so I might have seen it wrongly and couldn't say if the timestamp was anywhere near correct.

Also seen at around 0:30 here:

Hmm, and now I see the BP garage but Puro appears to be a cigar manufacturer.

Is it a Fiat garage on the street opposite? Hard to tell without better picture quality.
    edited April 2017 Posts: 8,702
    I've seen the "Puro" sign now but wouldn't know that there is a carmaker with that name. However, if we were playing that "hot/cold" children's search game, I'd say you're definitely in "warm" territory.
    I don't have BlueRay editions (or a particularly decent TV) and can't find anything online, so if it's not Fiat mentioned above then I'll leave someone else to find it. Hopefully I've given enough help!
    edited April 2017 Posts: 8,702
    I trust you have if someone picks this up. I'll add this much: Part of the intrigue is that hardly anyone these days will recognize the marque immediately (so it ain't FIAT). Which is why I was so surprised myself at discovering it.
    No one knows, and no one bothers looking it up.
    Looks like it.