The James Bond Movie Trivia Quiz

Comments

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Benny wrote:
    The Walther P99?
    Correct, Benny. It is indeed Bond's defence mechanism. Over to you!
    Haven't seen this thread underway, since who knows when. Good to see it back alive and active once again it has to be said
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    QBranch wrote:
    Benny wrote:
    The Walther P99?
    Correct, Benny. It is indeed Bond's defence mechanism. Over to you!

Sorry for the delay chaps. Had some rubbish to take out.
    ;)

Alrighty then, the next question is....

What is the connection between George Lazenby's Bond and Daniel Craig's Bond?

An easy one I'm thinking.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited March 2013 Posts: 28,694
    The women they planned to die old with both died by the end of their films? Lazenby's Bond had Tracy in OHMSS, Dan had Vesper in CR?
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Close enough. I was thinking neither Lazenby's Bond or Craig's Bond (so far) has ended the film with a girl.
    Over to you @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    What specific commonality do FRWL and Skyfall share?
  • A fight on a train leaving Istanbul?
    A fight on a train leaving Istanbul?

No.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    edited March 2013 Posts: 2,630
    What specific commonality do FRWL and Skyfall share?

That's a bit broad...

Is it, a sniper rifle in a suitcase?

In FRWL, Bond's attaché case came with a hidden sniper rifle inside and in Skyfall, Patrice carried a sniper rifle in his suitcase to kill the art collector.
  • Both films make the audience think Bond has been killed in the opening sequence, even though it is quickly revealed this is false.
    Well, that's also the case for YOLT. So, it may not be that. Mmmm, I don't see the link myself, so I'll pass.
    I thought about it, but damned if I know what the true connection can be here

I would of maybe said the Bond false killing in both releases, completely forgetting what occured in You Only Live Twice also

Is it something to do with underground activity, as Bond and Kerim Bey spied on Krilencu in Istanbul, and M and Kincaide took an emergency escape from Skyfall ?

Apart from that, at a real loss here. Too tired to think is the best defense. Been a long day
    I haven't seen the correct answer yet, though these are very good guesses, some I wish I thought of. I will say that this commonality isn't something exclusive to just FRWL and Skyfall, and exists in over films in the franchise as well.
    That's just got me even more perplexed now, if it's extended to 'other' Bond movies

Is it something to do with rats, of all things ? They were both featured (or talked of) in Skyfall and FRWL. Doubtless incorrect but worth an attempt

We're calling it a night, so maybe get back to this another time
    Not rats.
    Important scenes take place in the bowels of a city ? (the sewers for FRWL, the London Underground for SF).
    Gerard wrote:
    Important scenes take place in the bowels of a city ? (the sewers for FRWL, the London Underground for SF).

No, plus that has already been said.
  • A blonde villain?
    A blonde villain?

No, but I am shocked at just how similar these two are! :O
  • A blonde villain?

No, but I am shocked at just how similar these two are! :O

Honestly, I think we need some more detail. There's something that the two films have in common, except others have them too? The only way to get the answer is just by chucking out similarities and hoping one will be it.

To that end, there's a fight between Bond and a particularly deadly assassin (because Bond doesn't fight any other type) in a dark area involving a briefcase and money.
    Is it a Bond villain receives a knife wound ? I don't know

Silva was hit in the back at the chapel, and Donald Grant was wounded in the arm before being strangled with his own garrotte ?
    edited April 2013 Posts: 28,694
    BUMP

The answer is out there...
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I would say something to the extent of two women fighting over Bond: the two at the gypsy camp in FRWL, and Severine and Eve in SF, but that's way too broad and doesn't necessarily work as well as I had hoped.

Hmm, this has me stumped.

Is it that someone is killed at night time with a sniper rifle?
    No, but I will provide clues (you will all slap yourselves when you see what the answer is):

*The answer is one of the staples of the series, and not just a one-off or two time deal, though it is not as traditional as the Aston, Martini or gun barrel either.
    I don't know. Is it something to do with James Bond having a bottle of alcohol in his hand at any given time. In From Russia With Love we see him with one, at (or after) the gypsy camp fight, and then for last year, he turns up at M's home residence with another in his hand and says 'back (reporting) for duty'. As before, it's only a wild shot. Could be anything
    I don't know. Is it something to do with James Bond having a bottle of alcohol in his hand at any given time. In From Russia With Love we see him with one, at (or after) the gypsy camp fight, and then for last year, he turns up at M's home residence with another in his hand and says 'back (reporting) for duty'. As before, it's only a wild shot. Could be anything

Not that.

Another clue:

*The answer is many times crucial to Bond and his mission's success, and helps to alleviate the heaviness of responsibility on his shoulders.

Bond wears shoes?
    Bond doesn't need an umbrella in each because it's not raining?
    They both have scenes that take place outdoors?
    What a rubbish question, you see how silly it is.
    Give us the answer and try again with a better question or hand over the reigns.
    You don't do yourself any favors do you

I'll have one last attempt at this for now, and say Bond gets given a case to use, as in, for 1963, it was the trick attache case with throwing knife, and gold coins etc, and for last year, his firearm to use, and a homing device, presented by Q at the art gallery

It's the best I can come up with for now
    You don't do yourself any favors do you

I'll have one last attempt at this for now, and say Bond gets given a case to use, as in, for 1963, it was the trick attache case with throwing knife, and gold coins etc, and for last year, his firearm to use, and a homing device, presented by Q at the art gallery

It's the best I can come up with for now

I think that has been said, but is nonetheless incorrect.
  • edited April 2013 Posts: 101
    Each movie has a character whose name has an "E" in it?
    PatricE.
    kErim.
    This question is just absurd darling.