The James Bond Movie Trivia Quiz

Comments

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited January 2023 Posts: 14,951
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    It is not a big ship, and it's traveling a sort of inland waterway.

By the way, I just noticed that there is still the problem that the new entries to this thread do not cause the thread title to change to bold. Maybe this is why this thread has pretty much ceased to exist, as compared to former times?

I don't know whom to contact about this probably technical problem. Can you help somehow, @Benny, @Creasy47, @DarthDimi...or whoever?

Interesting, I thought it was just me!

I'm going to guess there was one called King Charles in Amsterdam in DAF, but I have no idea if there was :D
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    You're getting close, but why should a ship be named for a member of the British royal family in what is a kingdom by itself?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I've reached out to the admins to see if they have a fix, since it's something they'd have to handle. It's been the same way for me with certain threads for a while now too.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Thanks, @Creasy47, it's really the only thread where that happens to me and at least to @mtm. I also found your message only because I checked the entire list of threads, but it was not marked as "unread".
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Thanks, @Creasy47, it's really the only thread where that happens to me and at least to @mtm. I also found your message only because I checked the entire list of threads, but it was not marked as "unread".

I got a ping alert that you mentioned my name but it always shows the thread title in a non-bolded state, no matter how many new posts it gets. A few other threads are like that for me too so it'd be great to get that fixed soon.
    Just what happens here, and apparently to @mtm. But it's only on this thread and no others, as far as I am concerned.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Well, using all your hints I'd go for the canal touring boat in DAF, called 'willem Alexander", whom is since 2013 the head of state of the Netherlands. Although at the time he was just a prince, and today he's King.
    edited January 2023 Posts: 8,689
    Well, ok, @CommanderRoss, the hints were sufficient, i guess. But in fact, the tourist boat taking people past the Skinny Bridge and letting them witness the retrieval of Mrs Whistler's body afterwards, is called "Prins Willem-Alexander", who was then about 2 1/2 years old and has now been King of the Netherlands for well over eight years.

screenshot001hbfsv.jpg

PS: And now let's get back to the geoguesser questions...
    PPS: You guys may be lucky I never figured out what the name of the barge that actually collected Mrs Whistler's body was. "Jan van der..." isn't too descriptive. I just couldn't tell from the movie.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Well, ok, @CommanderRoss, the hints were sufficient, i guess. But in fact, the tourist boat taking people past the Skinny Bridge and letting them witness the retrieval of Mrs Whistler's body afterwards, is called "Prins Willem-Alexander", who was then about 2 1/2 years old and has now been King of the Netherlands for well over eight years.

screenshot001hbfsv.jpg

PS: And now let's get back to the geoguesser questions...
    PPS: You guys may be lucky I never figured out what the name of the barge that actually collected Mrs Whistler's body was. "Jan van der..." isn't too descriptive. I just couldn't tell from the movie.

That one would probably be 'Jan van der Heyden', named after the inventor of the firehose-pump. It's a firebrigade boat. The current one is nr 4, in use since 2016.

Right, anyway, the question is:

Not only (types of) cars are seen in more than one James Bond films. What other specific type of transport is seen in 7 James Bond films?
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    Seen? Or driven or used by Bond?
    A monorail? (Well, no, that was really only in the three Lewis Gilbert films.)
    I'd say there were more than seven occurrences of railroad, and even more if you count subway/underground trains. Classic surface trains in FRWL, OHMSS, LALD, TSWLM, OP, GE, CR, SP and NTTD, and I may even have forgotten a couple more. So you must be looking for a different answer.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    How about military jets?

TB: Vulcan bomber
    TMWTGG: salvaged Chinese fighter
    OP: Hawker Hunter (PTS airbase)
    TLD: Koskov in the Harrier
    GE: Russian MiGs fly over Severnaya
    TND: Albatros; Chinese MiGs; F-15s flying in background at airbase later on
    NTTD: Russian MiGs overtake Q's Globemaster cargo plane
    thedove wrote: »
    Seen? Or driven or used by Bond?

seen
    QBranch wrote: »
    How about military jets?

TB: Vulcan bomber
    TMWTGG: salvaged Chinese fighter
    OP: Hawker Hunter (PTS airbase)
    TLD: Koskov in the Harrier
    GE: Russian MiGs fly over Severnaya
    TND: Albatros; Chinese MiGs; F-15s flying in background at airbase later on
    NTTD: Russian MiGs overtake Q's Globemaster cargo plane

getting close, but I mean it far more specific.
    Those latest postings by @QBranch and @CommanderRoss once again didn't cause my thread to be appearing as "unread", so there is still something wrong on the tech side.

How about helicopters? Just from memory, FRWL, TB, YOLT, OHMSS, LALD, TSWLM, MR, GE, TND... and oops, we're past the magical seven, not even considering the later movies.

Those latest postings by @QBranch and @CommanderRoss once again didn't cause my thread to be appearing as "unread", so there is still something wrong on the tech side.

How about helicopters? Just from memory, FRWL, TB, YOLT, OHMSS, LALD, TSWLM, MR, GE, TND... and oops, we're past the magical seven, not even considering the later movies.

I have the same, it doesn't show up.

Can you be more specific? As in: specific type. One could use the word 'model'.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Hmm, not sure. Maybe the Dolphin/Daulphin helicopters which are seen in several films. OP, TWINE etc.
    Can you be more specific? As in: specific type. One could use the word 'model'.
    As in, say, Bell Jet Ranger? I count six of those, even if include the Agusta version in FYEO. Did I miss one in NTTD?

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    As far as I can tell, the Bell Jet Ranger appears in OHMSS, DAF, LALD, TSWLM, MR and FYEO and CR. Making 7 appearances.
    Benny wrote: »
    As far as I can tell, the Bell Jet Ranger appears in OHMSS, DAF, LALD, TSWLM, MR and FYEO and CR. Making 7 appearances.

I admit I didn't check every movie for it, but relied on the expertise of the Smithsonian/National Air and Space museum. No contest about the first six, but they don't have it for CR:
    www.smithsonianmag.com/air-space-magazine/airplanes-james-bond-180957171/
    ...but you're right, @Benny...here it is:
    Screenmusings.org CR frame no. 0320
    By the way, I just noticed that there is still the problem that the new entries to this thread do not cause the thread title to change to bold. Maybe this is why this thread has pretty much ceased to exist, as compared to former times?

I don't know whom to contact about this probably technical problem. Can you help somehow, @Benny, @Creasy47, @DarthDimi...or whoever?

Sorry for the delay on this. I've consulted with higher authorities, and we have our best men on the case.
    Please allow them a little time in order to (hopefully) fix the problem.
    Thanks.
    ,I've consulted with higher authorities, and we have our best men on the case.
    Please allow them a little time in order to (hopefully) fix the problem.
    Thanks.
    B...b...butofcourse.
    It is indeed the (Agusta) Bell 206 Jetranger. In the counting I also incorporated NSNA. OK, I didn't, I plckued it frrom here:
    https://www.jamesbondlifestyle.com/product/bell-206-jetranger#:~:text=Majesty's Secret Service-,The first Bell 206 helicopter in a Bond film was,Majesty's Secret Service (1969).

Over to you @j_w_pepper
    Thank you, and of course none of us could have expected you to include a non-official Bond film in this question :-). If @Benny doesn't mind I'll think of something tomorrow (or rather later today). Good night.
    Thank you, and of course none of us could have expected you to include a non-official Bond film in this question :-). If @Benny doesn't mind I'll think of something tomorrow (or rather later today). Good night.

Benny doesn't mind at all. Perfectly acceptable that you go to bed @j_w_pepper
    Schlaf gut.
    Schlaf gut.
    Danke. (yawn)

This is a bit of an "odd one out" question but nevertheless is about trivia:

Which one of the following doesn't fit with the rest of the list?

Dragon
    Tenby
    Rothesay
    Chester
    Fearless
  • Good Morning, how is everyone getting on. I haven’t visited or posted for a while, but can’t resist a Bond quiz. So if I may be permitted to participate. Is Chester the odd one out as it is fictional Royal Navy ship?
    Welcome back, @Cdr_Bond. You came, you saw, you conquered. It's exactly what I had in mind...with the additional remark that all the others (plus a few more that I left out) were also used in Bond movies, but not under a fictional name. It's your turn then to post the next question.

(Please note that this thread's title, as discussed above, has the apparent glitch of not turning "bold" aka unread when new posts arrive, so you may have to actively check whether someone answers.)