Skyfall Gunbarrel Love it or hate it

edited November 2012 in Bond Movies Posts: 2,341
We had quite a discussion on the upcoming Skyfall and how the gunbarrel sequence would be presented. Well, the movie is here and the gunbarrel...how does it rate and did it meet any expectations?

We've all seen the film by now and noted that the gunbarrell appears at the end of the film like QoS. I did notice some changes: Craig is walking at a slower pace (an improvement) and he is wearing the gray suit he wears at the opening of the film. (He wears a dark suit for QoS gun barrel)The rest of the sequence is similiar to QoS with the appearance and the way the blood drops down.
The music differs from the previous film as well.
The 50th anniversary homage at the end versus Bond walking off and the title of the movie being shown, is a good touch.

It appears that EON will be placing the gun barrel at the end of the movies from now on. The old classic pre-PTS gun barrel is a thing of the past.
Your thoughts?

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Don't we have a thousand gunbarrel threads already?

Anyway... I don't mind the gunbarrel being at the end. I've loved every version of the gunbarrel thus far, and honestly, they could put it in the middle of the film and I'd like it.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    We already have numerous topics on this, most have been shut down because of duplicates. This is the thread you're looking for:

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/1748
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Actually, TWINE had the last good gunbarrel IMO, so I find myself now not caring any more where it is, or even IF it is. The movies themselves are what I'm interested in.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    chrisisall wrote:
    Actually, TWINE had the last good gunbarrel IMO, so I find myself now not caring any more where it is, or even IF it is. The movies themselves are what I'm interested in.

I liked seeing the bullet come at the screen in DAD.
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 12,837
    I don't get the whole movie itself thing. The gunbarrel is the opening (or closing now) sequence, it's part of the film. If we can praise or criticise the film for it's theme song or titles then I think we can do it for the gunbarrel.

Anyway I wasn't a fan of it. It was at the end which I didn't like but Mendes had his reasons, I didn't agree but I could see where he was coming from.

But why they decided to stick with the QOS design and the way too quick speed is beyond me.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I don't get the whole movie itself thing.
    I never considered the gunbarrel as a part of a Bond movie, more like the cover on a book that I open.
    I wasn't fond of the DAD gunbarrel, and I dislike the design & execution of all the rest, but that's okay, I still like the movies regardless.
  • MI6MI6 Administrator
    Creasy47 wrote:
    We already have numerous topics on this, most have been shut down because of duplicates. This is the thread you're looking for:

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/1748

I'm going to lock this one up, as Creasy has said, the discussion continues to rage over yonder. Please feel free to continue this at the above-linked thread.

This discussion has been closed.