Bond films that you love, but most others dislike?

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I love all 24 Bond films. Yes, even DAD which sits at the bottom of my ranking. I can't help it, I get a kick out of watching James Bond movies, and there is always great stuff in each of them, be it the performance of the main actor, sexy Bond girls, witty one liners, the locations, or the soundtrack.
    OP is a very good film............if only the slapstick humor in the Tiger Hunt and the Balloon attack on OP's palace could of been replaced by more serious sequences, then this would of elevated the film quite a bit.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    OP, AVTAK and TMWTGG are all in my top 7.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Let me say I love all the films even the ones I hate.

I guess the two I thought fans would like more are TND and QS.

TND is just a straight Bond film and there is more into the thought behind QS than some realize.

I think the style of QS and some script trouble hurt it's view by many.

Still more thought out with conviction than SP.
    Moonraker :)
  • Quantum of Solace- it's one of my most rewatched Bond films. When I'm cleaning or cooking and want to put one of the Bonds on, I choose that one. It's entertaining, but short enough to not be as distracting as the others. I also really like Camille.

Live and Let Die- I know it's decently well-liked here, but in other places I hear it being insulted a lot. Yaphet Kotto is an amazing villain, and Baron Samedi is one of my favorite henchmen. It also really made me want to visit New Orleans (someday I'll get there!)

A View to a Kill- This one is just dumb entertainment. Christopher Walken is great as many others have said, and I actually like May Day. I don't find Stacy as annoying as others do.

Diamonds are Forever- Again with the dumb entertainment. Aside from an aging, bored Sean Connery it's a lot of fun. I liked Tiffany only at firest, wish they kept the whole "wig/disguise" aspect with her.

The Man with the Golden Gun- An entertaining movie. It's got Christopher Lee in it! Mary Goodnight grew on me on my last viewing.
    "What made you change your mind?"
    "I'm weak...!"
    I think she's the most honest Bond girl of them all. I can respect that. XD
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Q of S. Craig is excellent and the tone remains gritty and Flemingesque. Plus I love the car chase and title.
  • TWINE. I put it above all of Craig's films, it's just a film I love very much. Doesn't quite beat Goldeneye for me though.
    Quantum of Solace. true I find beauty in all bond films but I love Quantum of Solace and yet everyone hates it.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Not me old chap. A most visually arresting film is QoS!

• mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    I like QoS too.
    Same here. QoS is indeed very under-rated.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Based on what I've been seeing on here......

Spectre!!!
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Quantum of Solace, Spectre
    edited December 2015 Posts: 15,690
    TMWTGG, AVTAK.

EDIT: Didn't see I had posted here already. :D
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Quantum of Solace, Spectre
    Same here.
    Spectre is more controversial than disliked now. I'd say QOS fits the bill for me.
    Ludovico wrote: »
    I'd say QOS fits the bill for me.
    It's glorious on Blu Ray.

Birdleson wrote: »
    And I do love THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN GUN.
    It's my favourite Moore flick, and the only one of his I got the Blu Ray for!
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    Tomorrow never dies, The world is not enough and Die another day.

I love this pack ist fun entretaining and pure Bond escapism with great action and Pierce as Bond
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Yes QUANTUM is a Top Ten (or at jleast right outside) for me. And I do love THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN GUN.

Gun is a tough one for me: I don't like the movie but love Lee and Moore in it. And the b movie feel.
    TND, TWINE, QOS, DAF, MR, LTK, are all fun to watch.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Ed83 wrote: »
    TND, TWINE, QOS, DAF, MR, LTK, are all fun to watch.

Take out QOS (although it is growing on me) and I'd agree wholeheartedly. TND is one I don't often watch, but have a soft spot for. I loved it when it came out in '97. It's a weird one now. Almost a forgotten Bond film. Especially with the general public, and even legit Bond fans. There's a lot to like in TND.
    And you forgot OP on that list.
    ;)
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Tomorrow Never Dies and Die Another Day. ;)

Will you try and shoot me, now? :))
  • ForYourEyesOnlyForYourEyesOnly In the untained cradle of the heavens
    Octopussy for me. Most people I see rank it in the bottom eight, but in my opinion, if you look past a couple of flaws (which really get overexaggerated), it's a fine and very enjoyable film.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Love QOS too. Used to be very critical towards it but it has grown immensely on me.

I like the arty touch that Forster gives the film with the location titles, the Palio scene and the brilliant Tosca sequence.

Furthermore, the movie looks amazing. I'd say it's visually the most impressive of Craig's movies (sorry Roger).

Finally there is Mathis, who is one of the absolute best of Bond's allies.

Thumbs up for Craig's best moment of snobbery: teachers who won the lottery on sabbatical. A lot better than taking shots with scorpions on your hand, that's for sure.
    Octopussy for me. Most people I see rank it in the bottom eight, but in my opinion, if you look past a couple of flaws (which really get overexaggerated), it's a fine and very enjoyable film.

I might be wrong but Octopussy seems very appreciated here. Maybe not always in a top ten, but fairly high and at least loved.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited December 2015 Posts: 23,529
    @ClarkDevlin, no sir, if you like TND and DAD, then by all means have a good time with them. :)
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER. Sits just outside my top ten. If only for that witty and funny as hell script.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER. Sits just outside my top ten. If only for that witty and funny as hell script.

Me too. The film is SO bad that it's a delight to watch.