Uhm friends? Daniel Craig's hairline is retreating a la Connery :-/

Comments

• edited November 2012 Posts: 51
    As a 22-year-old who is already losing a significant amount of hair (am I the only one here?), I have paid close attention to people's hairlines, especially each of the Bonds.

Connery, Dalton, and Brosnan have all experienced hairloss to some extent (Connery the most, of course). I've read that Brosnan wore partial hairpieces in TWINE and DAD.

If Craig has lost any hair, I'd say it's pretty minimal. (Connery started losing his hair in his twenties and thirties.) Craig still looks great in the role and as himself! I would love to have as much hair as he does now when I get to be his age.
  • 29pqauv.jpg

I am pissing in my pants =)) . Damn, you made my day! ;-)
  • While he's definitely no 'Sean Connery in NSNA'- perhaps Daniel could benefit from a longer hairstyle for the next movie...

That's what I was thinking. I thought his hair was alright in Skyfall but maybe a tad longer wouldn't hurt.

That said, caught a few glimpses of QoS on tv recently... and didn't think too much of that style either. But as I very slowly move forward with my blue-ray Bond marathon, I will judge it when I am watching the movie again in full length.

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Look at Craig's hair for the SNL sketches he did. His hair is fine, it's just that, like with most people, the hair and the overall look may seem odd depending on how short or long one has it.
  • I agree with @doubleoego. Also, from QoS to SF, we've seen Rory Kinnear as Tanner lose his hair. But I think he looks great!
    Hair is overrated anyway!
    Well fact is, the hairline hasn't changed much in the last years.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Even Daltons Hairline is receding.
  • acoppolaacoppola London Ealing not far from where Bob Simmons lived
    I think that had Craig kept his hair longer a bit, it would not be noticeable or mentioned here.

I once twenty years ago cut my hair really short and some said I was receeding.

Well, twenty years later I have a full head of hair and not one patch.

Me I don't think he is balding.
    They need to bring in someone young so there's something new to complain about. "What?!?! He's too young!!"

He looked fine in this. As long as they keep writing up to the audience and writing Bond as a believable adult character, there's no issue here. Brosnen looked the part but they had him surfing down melting glaciers or whatever happened in that crappy movie; I think that's more absurd than having a mature Bond.
  • I think he has aged a bit recently. His new haircut doesn't help though.
  • He looked younger than I thought he would in SF. I was worried about Bond 24 after seeing a few set pics but in most of the movie he doesn't look that much older than QOS.
    This was in 2007

daniel-craig-shaved-head.jpg

SNL 2012

daniel-craig-saturday-night-live-promos.jpg

SF premiere

N0293761351015093910A.jpg
    Looks the same to me..
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    For his age, to have hair like that is already a lot better than how some average guys hair are doing in this day and age. His hairline may be receding, but it isn't at such a quick rate, barely obvious too probably due to his somewhat healthy lifestyle. Sean Connery was already losing hair in an obvious way when he was at a much younger age than Craig's current age so I don't see the similarities. By the time Craig has no hair, someone else would probably already be in the Bond role. Daniel Craig looks good for his age and he has great hair for a man of his age.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Like Sir Rog, I have WAY too much hair for my age....
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 1,310
    The hair thread returns!!

Danny looks just fine. I was genuinely worried after seeing a couple of behind the scenes images from early in Skyfall's production, but in the movie he looked great. Of course he didn't look as young as he did in CR, but Craig still looks the part.
    doubleoego wrote:
    N0293761351015093910A.jpg
    Is his hair salt & pepper here? What's that all about?
  • Didn't you know that in real life he is bald?? Gez!!!
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 71
    No for sure he isn't bald end his not balding,he has the same hair as in CR only shorter.
    End of discussion.
    The pics speak for themselves. Craig's hair is fine. It just depends on how it's cut/styled that makes the obvious difference.
  • i started losing my hair at 19 years old, don't think Craig needs to worry. Craig would probably get away with being a shaven headed bond, is hair is pretty short already.
  • DRESSED_TO_KILLDRESSED_TO_KILL Suspended
    http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/axen0v/42137004/13362/13362_original.jpg

His hair looked the best in CR. Check out the link I posted above, that is my favorite style of Craig's hair by far. I hope it returns to the way it did in CR.

Also does anybody remember the drastic hair change Brosnan had from GE to TND? I wish Brosnan could have continued on alittle longer throughout his tenure with his GE haircut.
  • chrisisall wrote:
    Like Sir Rog, I have WAY too much hair for my age....

Give some to me!!! Haha :D
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Also does anybody remember the drastic hair change Brosnan had from GE to TND? I wish Brosnan could have continued on alittle longer throughout his tenure with his GE haircut.

I think his GE hair made him look younger, but not in a good way. He still seemed like 80s Brosnan.

His TND-DAD hair looked better imo.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Brosnan's TWINE Hair is kinda odd. for Me his GE-TND hair was fine.
    I like his hair better now that it has receded slightly. Makes him look more mature. Looks older without over the top '10 years older in a single year' aging (Connery, anyone?).
  • The "corners" seem to be moving up but at a fairly slow rate...Craig said in an interview once that he thought he'd need a "wig" (toupee) in real life in a few years.

Hair loss is funny...friends of mine from school went from having incredibly thick heads of hair to being completely bald on top and just having the "horseshoe" of hair around the sides in just over two years after graduation. But then my father started to lose his hair around age thirty and it took until he was in his 60s before the hair on top had finally disappeared.

I read an interesting statistic once...around age 30 the percentage of men who experience starting to lose their hair is about 30%. Then by age 40 it's about 40%. It keeps tracking fairly close to a man's actual age and apparently if you live long enough you'll eventually start to lose your hair. For example, my grandfather didn't start to lose his hair until he was 94!
  • Volante wrote:
    I like his hair better now that it has receded slightly. Makes him look more mature. Looks older without over the top '10 years older in a single year' aging (Connery, anyone?).

I thought I was the only one who thought Connery looked a hell of a lot older in YOLT than in TB.

• Just needs longer hair in Bond 24. Would definitely make him look a bit younger. Brosnan's hair was never too short, but I didn't like the way it looked in TWINE and DAD, too straight up and just odd looking in a few scenes IMO.
    This is a truley brilliant thread, DC will be a complete slaphead by Bond 24, perhaps he could play Bond and Blofeld?
This discussion has been closed.