US Election - November 6

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    When things get heated, I like to inject some humor. :)
    Badly needed/much appreciated. =D>
  • Well here's my attempt to inject something that's truly touching.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/08/obama-campaign-staff_n_2096285.html

This is a video of Obama thanking his re-election staff after the win, and he is actually moved to tears. Call him a pansy, but this shows that he is truly invested in public service. You can see the sincerity in his words and his emotions. It's obvious that at his core lives a drive to try and genuinely help people. In the speech he is so grateful and gracious to his staff because he knows how invaluable they were to his re-election, and that he sees in them a continuance of his own core beliefs, and he is truly moved by that. I for one find this to be so moving and incredibly important.

You can be sure that Romney wouldn't have been moved to tears thanking his staff if he'd won. I just couldn't imagine Romney feeling emotionally tied to people who are his employees. Sure he might have given a speech to them talking about how much he appreciated their hard work, but it wouldn't have gone any deeper than that. For Romney, working with his staff hasn't been a journey, it was just a business transaction, and I'm sure that with the result they got for him, he'll be very satisfied now that he gets to fire all of them them.

All in all, I think this shows how nice a guy Obama really is, and I can't help but imagine the disparity between his moral character and Mitt Romney's. I'm honored to have a president who is so humble, honest, and human. =D>
    I hadn't seen that, thanks, all the more glad I voted for him.
    The man with the heart always beats the dime a dozen heartless and greedy man.
    Well here's my attempt to inject something that's truly touching.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/08/obama-campaign-staff_n_2096285.html

This is a video of Obama thanking his re-election staff after the win, and he is actually moved to tears. Call him a pansy, but this shows that he is truly invested in public service. You can see the sincerity in his words and his emotions. It's obvious that at his core lives a drive to try and genuinely help people. In the speech he is so grateful and gracious to his staff because he knows how invaluable they were to his re-election, and that he sees in them a continuance of his own core beliefs, and he is truly moved by that. I for one find this to be so moving and incredibly important.

You can be sure that Romney wouldn't have been moved to tears thanking his staff if he'd won. I just couldn't imagine Romney feeling emotionally tied to people who are his employees. Sure he might have given a speech to them talking about how much he appreciated their hard work, but it wouldn't have gone any deeper than that. For Romney, working with his staff hasn't been a journey, it was just a business transaction, and I'm sure that with the result they got for him, he'll be very satisfied now that he gets to fire all of them them.

All in all, I think this shows how nice a guy Obama really is, and I can't help but imagine the disparity between his moral character and Mitt Romney's. I'm honored to have a president who is so humble, honest, and human. =D>

Yeah, grateful that he gets another four years to go waste away in lavish family vacations all over the world, and the hard-working, dedicated citizens to the nation have to pay for that too. Paying for him to go have fun and avoid the issues, host drunken White House parties, blow incredible amounts of money on useless flings for himself and his family, yeah I bet he's glad he gets 4 more years. I'd be glad if I got a lucky break like that, having such an esteemed position and doing barely anything to show for it. And you sure are quick to judge Romney's character, aren't you? You think he's some cold stiff you couldn't care less for his people? It's as ridiculous as any notion you've attacked me for, that's for sure. You draw a parallel between Romney and Obama on character, based on one giving a speech and the assumptions of one who did not have the opportunity to deliver that speech? Doesn't add up, I'm afraid.
    @00Beast, At least you'll get a good Education, and who knows. Maybe you can run for president in 20 years.
  • Murdock wrote:
    @00Beast, At least you'll get a good Education, and who knows. Maybe you can run for president in 20 years.

Class President
  • @Murdock Is it sad for me to know instantly that the pic is from Die Hard 4?
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    00Beast wrote:
    I'm tired of this junk about Romney being some kind of "war-monger". How does wanting to protect our great nation from an evil power like Iran qualify as being "hungry for war"? First off, it shows American spirit to not allow a hostile country like Iran to pull our strings. This country could have prospered from Romney's patriotic, go get 'em attitude. It's how we get things done and make our enemies afraid, and secures safety for our nation. Right now? Hah, enemy nations see our country weakened from our pansy president. I'm surprised they haven't walked right into our borders and taken us down already. Goodness knows there'd be no resistance, I mean Obama wouldn't have a clue what to do. He's had no experience in real times of crisis.

A rush to fight, to kill, is not protecting. It is warmongering. You're not a hero when you start the war, only when you end it. A rush to the negotiating table is. Why is it that you seem to believe that destroying our enemies before they become enemies is the best thing to do?

Let's look at Bush, a prime example of "shoot first, don't ask questions". 9/11 devastated us, and we should have gone after Al Qaeda. Who do we decide to attack first? Iraq. Saddam Hussein had nothing to do with 9/11, but Bush chose to kill him first.

(Also, notice this: a terrorist attack happens under the President you wish could have had his term extended, but has a single one happened under the one you call a pansy? No.)

Pages ago, I quoted an episode of Family Guy which explained your position perfectly. Peter was the Republican point of view: Iraq didn't do this, we should attack them. Brian was the right point of view: We know who did this, we should attack them.
    @Murdock Is it sad for me to know instantly that the pic is from Die Hard 4?

No, it means you have an excellent eye for detail. :)

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Murdock wrote:
    @Murdock Is it sad for me to know instantly that the pic is from Die Hard 4?

No, it means you have an excellent eye for detail. :)

I didn't notice that until after @thelivingroyale mentioned it.

"And God in his wisdom gavith the Americans the Romney/Ryan ticket, but the masses did not embrace the Holy gift, and indeed, they sent them packing. God looked upon this, and realized it was good. For after all, even the divine can make mistakes."

chrisisall wrote:
    "And God in his wisdom gavith the Americans the Romney/Ryan ticket, but the masses did not embrace the Holy gift, and indeed, they sent them packing. God looked upon this, and realized it was good. For after all, even the divine can make mistakes."

See, I would read this Bible.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Wow, I was hoping to have some interesting banter with some mature topics on here, but after reading countless rude posts filled with downright pejorative remarks, I can't stand this thread. A real shame, too.
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 3,494
    Murdock wrote:

I'll make this brief. Radical Christians are as bad as Al-Qaeda, same agenda, different religion. They both warmonger and want their idea of religious law in the name of some god they alternately profess is kind and loving. They all need to die, no, better yet let's round them all up and put them on an island and let them kill each other. The abortion stance also highly antithetical. If he or his ilk TRULY knew what it is to be in the presence of and communicate with the Divine, they would know a child conceived of rape and incest is not the will of "God". That being is pure love and would never wish this on anyone. What's sad is that someone so young, barely older than my eldest child, has been so jaded and brainwashed to the point that he doesn't even know what day it is.

The day someone like him gets into the highest office is the day I move to another country. They kill people like me, but then breaking the highest and most important commandment is something they have been doing for 700 years now. A bunch of damn hypocrites, every one of them @-)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Murdock wrote:

I'll make this brief. Radical Christians are as bad as Al-Qaeda, same agenda, different religion. They both warmonger and want their idea of religious law in the name of some god they alternately profess is kind and loving. They all need to die, no, better yet let's round them all up and put them on an island and let them kill each other. The abortion stance also highly antithetical. If he or his ilk TRULY knew what it is to be in the presence of and communicate with the Divine, they would know a child conceived of rape and incest is not the will of "God". That being is pure love and would never wish this on anyone. What's sad is that someone so young, barely older than my eldest child, has been so jaded and brainwashed to the point that he doesn't even know what day it is.

The day someone like him gets into the highest office is the day I move to another country. They kill people like me, but then breaking the highest and most important commandment is something they have been doing for 700 years now. A bunch of damn hypocrites, every one of them @-)

Great post SirHenry. I agree completely. The reason I am not religious is because of the hypocrites that abound churches. The so called commandments we hold so dear are broken day in and day out. Or are priests aloud to violate children? I don't think that was one of the commandments, but you never know. George Carlin put it best:

The thing is, if God is so caring and loves us so much, why is there poverty, disease, cancer, disasters, genocide, and so many other horrible things in this world? Why is there molestation, war, suicide bombers, and terrorist attacks? And I roll my eyes when people give the "it's God's test to us" speech. What a crock. If God truly loved us, none of this horrible stuff would exist, and we wouldn't need to be tested by him if our love for him connected us and made us stronger. If all this is a test, all this stuff I see day in and day out and feel ashamed to be alive in a world where it all exists, then God is an evil man.
    breaking the highest and most important commandment is something they have been doing for 700 years now. A bunch of damn hypocrites, every one of them @-)
    Damn (is that the right word?) straight!
  • Murdock wrote:

Great post SirHenry. I agree completely. The reason I am not religious is because of the hypocrites that abound churches. The so called commandments we hold so dear are broken day in and day out. Or are priests aloud to violate children? I don't think that was one of the commandments, but you never know. George Carlin put it best:

The thing is, if God is so caring and loves us so much, why is there poverty, disease, cancer, disasters, genocide, and so many other horrible things in this world? Why is there molestation, war, suicide bombers, and terrorist attacks? And I roll my eyes when people give the "it's God's test to us" speech. What a crock. If God truly loved us, none of this horrible stuff would exist, and we wouldn't need to be tested by him if our love for him connected us and made us stronger. If all this is a test, all this stuff I see day in and day out and feel ashamed to be alive in a world where it all exists, then God is an evil man.

Great clip with Carlin! Well, here's what these radical Christian warmongers do. They blame "the devil". They ignore their own karmic sins and carry on because they think God's forgiveness will rectify any GOD DAMN thing they feel like doing. Are they ever in for a surprise, because saving doesn't wipe out that debt. Karmic law is the only law of the Divine, what you give out you get back and there is no forgiveness for that. Someday they preach they will have their paradise, but at what cost? How many innocents will they kill while diddling their own laws? These are the false prophets. They hide their aims like the cowards they are, I respect them even less than Al-Qaeda, who at least has the balls to admit their agenda.

I wonder how badly all this will piss off 00Beast. I honestly can't wait.
    Then of course there were all the brilliant philosophers and scientists of their time that were exiled or put to death because their findings went against the teachings of God. Poor old Copernicus had to wait until near the end of his life to publish his geocentric findings to avoid death. AND HIS THEORY WAS RIGHT! The teachings of God can blind people so badly.
    I wonder how badly all this will piss off 00Beast. I honestly can't wait.
    I can.
    :))
    Some of the religious hatred spilled over into the Bond Parody thread. >.>
    I'm not totally against religion. I don't mind people believing that some sort of higher power created the universe (I happen to believe that something, be it God, Allah, Buddha or the Winds Above, created the universe). My problem lies with those who believe that everyone should believe what they believe simply because someone told them it was the right way to think.
    . My problem lies with those who believe that everyone should believe what they believe simply because someone told them it was the right way to think.
    I'm a Buddha fan myself. But I'd NEVER think of forcing my beliefs on anyone.
  • Murdock wrote:
    My fault I'm afraid-- sorry about that guys X_X
    Murdock wrote:

I don't blame you. I just wish some people had the decency and respect to keep their hateful opinions and beliefs to themselves.
    chrisisall wrote:
    . My problem lies with those who believe that everyone should believe what they believe simply because someone told them it was the right way to think.
    I'm a Buddha fan myself. But I'd NEVER think of forcing my beliefs on anyone.

Really? I personally believe in a religion I made up (1 members since 2012, and still going strong!) which follows the teachings of the Talking Sheep.
    Hate leads to the Dark Side, you cannot control that MD. 'Control' is the illusion. Not on you, my friend.