Brosnan Considered the "Deadliest" Bond

edited November 2012 in Actors Posts: 1,092
I thought this was interesting; though they don't say how many actual kills he had, just that he had the most.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Entertainment/Hollywood/Pierce-Brosnan-deadliest-James-Bond-ever/Article1-940721.aspx

Comments

• HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited November 2012 Posts: 4,399
    naturally - what with all his machine gun fire..

though in a fist fight, he's only a notch above Rog as the weakest.
    He's certainly the Bond with the highest body count.

Another thread focused on Brosnan's 007. I'm staying out of this.
    HASEROT wrote:
    naturally - what with all his machine gun fire..

though in a fist fight, he's only a notch above Rog as the weakest.

I think Rog aquited himself well in the fisticuffs dept.

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    They'll print anything these days.
    yay for Brosnan
    honestly though i thought that Craig would have had the most kills as his bond films were just more about beating people up...
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    002 wrote:
    yay for Brosnan
    honestly though i thought that Craig would have had the most kills as his bond films were just more about beating people up...

he's an assassin.... not a terminator lol.
  • DRESSED_TO_KILLDRESSED_TO_KILL Suspended
    Brosnan has the most kills because his movies were not very realistic, the scripts were catered towards action oriented scenes which resulted in more bland and over-the-top action.

IMO Craig is the deadliest, he may not have the most kills but thats because Craig's outings are more realistic, which results in less kills, but overall the ones that take place are more brutal and realistic
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    002 wrote:
    yay for Brosnan

Bond 24 will be called The Beaten World.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Machine gun effect /:)
    002 wrote:
    yay for Brosnan

Why the past tense? He is the current Bond actor....
    The_Reaper wrote:
    002 wrote:
    yay for Brosnan

And he singlehanded machine gunned the whole franchise.
  • SuperheroSithSuperheroSith SE London
    If you check out my bond vs bond thread, you'll see my opinion
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    The_Reaper wrote:
    002 wrote:
    yay for Brosnan

Why talk about any film in the past tense? They will always exist.
  • ffs: without Brosnan there would be NO CRAIG! And in fairness, Skyfall is arguably The World is Not Enough, but done right.
    This is a thread about kills..NOT about whether you hate Brosnan.
    Can anyone argue that he is the deadliest Bond? Of course he is! There is no denying that! I am not surprised in the least! And besides, who cares if he does use a machine gun often times? Perhaps that's the most effective way to get the job done, and it's pretty cool at the same time!
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    He had the deadliest pain face and films to watch. I'll give him that.
    Kerim wrote:

Even GoldenEye?! Say it isn't so!
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    He had the highest percentage at 75%
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    This is a thread about kills..NOT about whether you hate Brosnan.
    Bros did away with baddies the BEST!!
    :))
  • Brosnan is cool, he's my 2nd favourite along with Connery, but until he burns alive the machete wielding drug lord that fed his mate to a shark, he's not the deadliest Bond ;)
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Brosnan is cool, he's my 2nd favourite along with Connery, but until he burns alive the machete wielding drug lord that fed his mate to a shark, he's not the deadliest Bond ;)
    I cannot refute this.

L-)
    Brosnan is cool, he's my 2nd favourite along with Connery, but until he burns alive the machete wielding drug lord that fed his mate to a shark, he's not the deadliest Bond ;)

Not that I disagree with that comment, but Brosnan did drop one of his former closest friends off a satellite tower to his death, shot a man in the head mercilessly, and killed a woman he loved without hesitation. Granted, might not be as agonizing a death as fire, but still pretty rock-hard brutal!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    00Beast wrote:

Not that I disagree with that comment, but Brosnan did drop one of his former closest friends off a satellite tower to his death, shot a man in the head mercilessly, and killed a woman he loved without hesitation. Granted, might not be as agonizing a death as fire, but still pretty rock-hard brutal!

I couldn't agree more. He also put up with Jinx's idiocy for a full film.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    00Beast wrote:

I couldn't agree more. He also put up with Jinx's idiocy for a full film.

Any man who endures that much torture should be crowned BEST BOND OF ALL TIME. Oh wait, he kind of already won that in 1995 when he first appeared on camera in GoldenEye!!
    ffs: without Brosnan there would be NO CRAIG! And in fairness, Skyfall is arguably The World is Not Enough, but done right.
    Not necessarily. Bond survives no matter who plays him.
    00Beast wrote:
    Kerim wrote:

Even GoldenEye?! Say it isn't so!

Yes, I say it's so. I like GE, but only because what followed was at times more than cringe worthy.

• the deadliest of all by far is Craig...
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 12,837
    the deadliest of all by far is Craig...

Nah, I reckon Dalton.
    maxcraig wrote:
    ffs: without Brosnan there would be NO CRAIG! And in fairness, Skyfall is arguably The World is Not Enough, but done right.

Were you around in the 90s?

Dalton had stepped down, there were tons of legal issues, lots of people thought the series had actually ended. They needed a hit and even though GE probably would've made money anyway, some people had wanted Brosnan as Bond for years so him being cast really helped keep the series going.
    the deadliest of all by far is Craig...

Nah, I reckon Dalton.
    maxcraig wrote:

Were you around in the 90s?

Dalton had stepped down, there were tons of legal issues, lots of people thought the series had actually ended. They needed a hit and even though GE probably would've made money anyway, some people had wanted Brosnan as Bond for years so him being cast really helped keep the series going.
    I were there and I'm aware of the legal issues, but that's not my point.
    Wow. Stuff just got real in here. :-?