Closing Threads - Close This?

edited November 2012 in General Discussion Posts: 267
Fellow Agents,
It has been fun but I'm afraid I am resigning my '00 status and retiring to a free environment.
The reason is that having fought against SMERSH and SPECTRE for years, I can't tolerate the censorship imposed by that new terrorist organisation known as MODS.
They seem to close down anything that is remotely interesting and refer the authors to some obscure historical post that often has nothing to do with the subject in hand.
Frankly, I find this a little bizarre and boring and certainly no way to run a web site.
So dear friends, I must make my excuses and retire to a remote Scottish Island (loved those Moneypenny diaries).
Regards to all non-mods,
Bentley

Comments

• SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Oh yes, you can be sure this one will be closed. What do you expect? Is there an actual point besides trying to make a grand exit? I'm sorry you felt you had to leave, you were a fun member, but if that's your choice then so long and best of luck!
    I feel your pain. Sometimes it can be annoying, but if you think about it, they have tons of articles going in every direction and they're just trying to organize it as it comes along. I've been upset before at this, but I realized for the majority of the issues Mi6 Community Forum was just doing it's duty and only a few of them are trying to make their own posts more popular. So do stay.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    What would be cool is if when you start a new discussion, you type your desired thread title in the window as usual, and then a window beneath this shows a list of similar existing threads just as an option before you decide to create a new one. An auto search feature like this might prevent so many duplicate threads being made.
  • oo7oo7
    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/231/going-away-or-coming-back/p7#Item_204
    a thread for leaving the forums is already on the go. as for the mods, they police this place not too bad. ive had a few shut down but I understand the double posting otherwise 5 threads could be bunging up the whole forum and it makes referencing past comments difficult.
    <object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DhS-i-c1XxI?version=3&hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DhS-i-c1XxI?version=3&hl=en_GB"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
  • Bently, you're right- there are some weird things going on with this board sometimes. The 'no picture' policy is BS and sometimes too big a deal is made when a new thread could 'technically' have been part of an existing thread.
    However I'm still happy to be able to discuss my favorite topics with a good crowd of people on this board, and I wouldn't want to leave. Perhaps some changes need to happen though. Perhaps some constructive criticism is in order.
    @QBranch great idea!
    @oo7 =D>
    @Master_Dahark Well said.
    Too bad as your literature threads were fun to read, but perhaps you could indeed have Chosen to combgine a few of those. But then again a lot of people do not read would rather watch the movie.

a shame, you did add something else to the discussions.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Bye Bentley.
  • Cheerio Bentley old chap.
  • See ya!
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Too bad as Bentley did offer some thoughtful comments particularly in terms of the literary Bond.

Mods I think this can probably be closed now.
  • don't let the bastards grind you down.
    Does this thread have a close-protection worm encoded into it?
  • MI6MI6 Administrator
    edited November 2012 Posts: 677
    QBranch wrote:
    What would be cool is if when you start a new discussion, you type your desired thread title in the window as usual, and then a window beneath this shows a list of similar existing threads just as an option before you decide to create a new one. An auto search feature like this might prevent so many duplicate threads being made.

I think that would be a superb idea - we'll certainly see if it is possible (probably over the holiday season).

I am sorry to hear that @Bentley - have you tried talking with some of the moderation team? They're reasonable people and if you find that we're ever unjustly quick to close a thread, please get in touch. If that doesn't work for you, I don't know what else we can do.
    Personally, I've found the Mods here to be very Dench-M-like (that's a good thing).
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Well @bentley we could point you in the direction of forums that believed they knew better, and it all went very wrong. Here we try to be fair, any problems can be thrown at us and we do listen.

Still, your decision. Good luck with your Modesty Blaise campaign

• Sad to see you go!
    You know your Bond. I used to love reading your threads and I agree, it's a real pisser when somebody says something interesting and these tits close it down 'cause there was something remotely similar in 19frozentodeath.
    In 50 years of Bond what hasn't been discussed?