Which Bond would you most like to have a pint with?

edited October 2012 in Trivia & Games Posts: 12,837
Couldn't find another thread. If it's too similar to something else or I missed one then feel free to close this mods.

I remember talking about this to some others on a different thread ages ago Anyway, if you could go for a pint with one Bond, which would it be? Mine would be Brosnan. Not my favourite Bond (he was great though), but he definetly seems the most fun to have a drink with.

Comments

• Sir Roger Moore...just for the ladies ;)
    Couldn't find another thread. If it's too similar to something else or I missed one then feel free to close this mods.

I remember talking about this to some others on a different thread ages ago Anyway, if you could go for a pint with one Bond, which would it be? Mine would be Brosnan. Not my favourite Bond (he was great though), but he definetly seems the most fun to have a drink with.

He is Irish after all ;)
  • Sir Roger, no Bond is funnier or more entertaining although Craig sounds like he's a hoot as well.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    edited October 2012 Posts: 2,635
    Pierce, or Craig.

A chit chat with the men, only.
  • I'd pick Craig if I wasn't too afraid he'd insist I drink it with a scorpion on my hand...

In all seriousness though, I think Moore's Bond would be a hoot to have a drink with, and I think I could get along with Brosnan's Bond pretty well (Closing time, James, last call)

Connery, Craig and Dalton would probably be too serious for my taste, and Lazenby... I don't know, just not the kind of guy I'd have a drink with
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Either Sir Rog or Brosnan - a glass of wine with Sir Rog or a pint of Guinness with Brosnan.

;-)
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    edited October 2012 Posts: 1,347
    Sir Roger Moore 100 times out of 100. One of the greatest role models and gentlemen ever. My respect for him is beyond words.

^:)^
  • Definitely Sir Rog. He's such a charming gent with great humour and class. He has so many amazing stories and memories he could share over a pint or a glass or two of wine!
  • For the experience of a lifetime, Sir Rog. I'm sure he would be enlightening to sit with.

But as the thread suggests, just to have a pint with? Likely Pierce and Dan. They seem like super cool guys.
    Even though Tim is my favorite Bond actor, I fear that since he's such a quiet guy, such an event would likely be filled with 'awkward silences'.
    I'd picture myself like 'SO..... acting right??'
    I'd go with Dalton. I feel like I could relate to the guy. I have so much respect for classically trained actors, and I like the work he's been in outside of 007. He doesn't have an ego at all, and our interpretations of the character are in line.

Craig and Lazenby are close behind. I'm not too fussed about Brosnan, Moore, or Connery.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    edited October 2012 Posts: 2,629
    Moore definitely. I would just sit back and let Rog do the talking. Craig and Dalton are welcome to join in.

Lazenby would have a few too many and drunkenly bash the other Bonds. Connery would want $5M to appear at the table and Brosnan, um yeah, he can sit outside.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Being my favorite Bond, Pierce Brosnan. He seems like a very cool, relaxed guy that would be amazing to have a sit-down and a pint with.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Ah, that would be Pierce. And it'd be a Guinness, thank you. ;)
    I'm sure we could have a lovely chat.
  • Oh, I got the impression we where supposed to pick the Bond character we'd like to have a drink with! (since they all played him different)
    Well, my picks would mostly stay the same with the actors, except for add Craig to the ones I'd have a drink with, 'cause he's such a great guy in real life, not brooding at all :)
    Any of them would be grand.
  • Oh, I got the impression we where supposed to pick the Bond character we'd like to have a drink with!
    Oh- my choices were based on the actors, not their Bond characters. That would change my choices a bit.

@thelivingroyale, is this thread intended for the actors or their characters?

I would lean towards Roger, however, after reading his autobiography I came away with the feeling that he watches his money [that is a polite way of saying it :) ]. So you might end up holding the bill.

Brosnan likes his pint, is Irish and from the few people I have met who know him, appears to be a great guy. So he would be my second choice.

Dalton and Craig appear to be very serious.

Lazenby might get angry with drink.

Connery would be grand.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 4,813
    Grant wrote:
    Lazenby might get angry with drink.
    Those Ozzies-- Lazenby said he and his friends would get into scraps all the time growing up. You're most likely to leave the pub with a black eye if you pick Lazenby I think! b-(
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Roger Moore, the obvious choice!
  • @thelivingroyale, is this thread intended for the actors or their characters?

Actors :)
    Dan Craig by a distance as he is more in tune with the common man, no of this star pretensiousness that affects most of Hollywood. Tim Dalton would be a good drinking partner also.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 31
    Roger all the way. His stories and one liners always make me laugh. There is a video on YouTube of him at a Persuaders talk hosted by Barry Norman. Not much bond discussion it's still well worth a watch. Right at the end an audience member said in Ian Holmes autobiography Ian wrote that on a very rough flight down to Shout At The Devil location shooting he thought the plane was going down. He said he turned round and Roger had his hand down the front of his pants with a big smile on his face. The audience member wanted Rogers view on this. Roger just said "well if the plane was going down this might come in handy"
    It's a lot funnier from Rog.
    I guess the only problem with going for a pint with him is we would get mobbed so would need to pick a quiet pub :)
    Without a doubt? Roger Moore! Especially after the "Evening with". The man has my sense of humour! :D
  • Suppose I chose Sean Connery. Would that be with Connery of now, or any time between 62-71 ? I.e. a drink with a Connery from that time period taking place in present time

I thought about this and couldn't quite make a decision so I'll do a ranking thing and see who wins or gets the vote (out of five) (For present time Bond)

Connery 2
    Lazenby 2
    Moore 4
    Dalton 5
    Brosnan 3
    Craig 2

and that said, Dalton wins the round and therefore would be my choice to have a drink with. I guess being my favorite Bond may have something to do with it but I really would of enjoyed some quality time with the man over a drink or two

~O)
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 153
    Sir Rog, Tim, and Dan would be the ones I'd like to drink with. Pierce is welcome to join as well. Lazzers would ask me to pay him first, I guess, and Sean would surely take away the chicks from me and tell me to "Go home now, laddie!" even if I was the one who started the session. With my four choices it'd be awesome.
  • That's easy. Sir Rog. The man is 100 percent entertainment all the time.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 1,817
    I'm serious, I smoke, and I love Fleming's Bond, so I'll be thrill to speak with Tim Dalton!
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 6,601
    http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/relationships/James+Bond-262243.html

James Bond: Daniel Craig Voted Bond Cheaters Most Want To Have Affair With

Not quite the same, but I know that those, who chose him, would have close to the best time in their lifes. Fun overload. No kiddin...
    Other than a Bond actor, I'd actually prefer to have a drink with Richard Kiel as it would be so much easier to get served quickly, speaking as someone who often struggles to do so!
    Germanlady wrote:
    http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/relationships/James+Bond-262243.html

James Bond: Daniel Craig Voted Bond Cheaters Most Want To Have Affair With

Not quite the same, but I know that those, who chose him, would have close to the best time in their lifes. Fun overload. No kiddin...

If I was gay I'd agree! But Eva Green is more my scene!