Spectre wish list

Comments

• EONEON
    My wishes:

1. A Fleming title
    2. Gunbarrel at the start VERY IMPORTANT THING
    3. Bond driving an Aston Martin during the mission and a Bentley Continental as his private car
    4. Watching Bond house in Chelsea
    5. A plot similar to The living daylights
    6. Diving scenes
    7. A happy end with Bond making love with a beatiful girl
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 12,837
    Birdleson wrote:
    Has anyone ever heard from anyone, not including those employed by EON, fan or otherwise, say that they prefer the Gunbarrel at the end? I doubt it.

Exactly. Some people have said they don't care about the gunbarrel and a few people have said they liked the opening shot of SF, but nobody has actually said that it's better at the end than at the start. On the other hand, loads of people are begging EON to please just put it back at the beginning.
    Birdleson wrote:
    Even if Mendes believed his own reasoning, put a little more effort into holding onto a tradition beloved by fans.

I agree. If he honestly thought the opening shot was better than the gunbarrel fair enough but I think, since it was the 50th anniversary, he should've considered what the fans would want. I know we make up a very small amount of the box office gross and if you pandered to fans all the time then the film would turn out crap, but Mendes is apparently a big fan himself, and I'm sure everyone involved knew that the reaction to the QOS gunbarrel was negative. So it would've been nice for him to have taken our opinions into account and put it at the start for traditions sake since it was the 50th anniversary.
  • Birdleson wrote:
    Has anyone ever heard from anyone, not including those employed by EON, fan or otherwise, say that they prefer the Gunbarrel at the end? I doubt it.

Exactly. Some people have said they don't care about the gunbarrel and a few people have said they liked the opening shot of SF, but nobody has actually said that it's better at the end than at the start. On the other hand, loads of people are begging EON to please just put it back at the beginning.
    Birdleson wrote:
    Even if Mendes believed his own reasoning, put a little more effort into holding onto a tradition beloved by fans.

I agree. If he honestly thought the opening shot was better than the gunbarrel fair enough but I think, since it was the 50th anniversary, he should've considered what the fans would want. I know we make up a very small amount of the box office gross and if you pandered to fans all the time then the film would turn out crap, but Mendes is apparently a big fan himself, and I'm sure everyone involved knew that the reaction to the QOS gunbarrel was negative. So it would've been nice for him to have taken our opinions into account and put it at the start for traditions sake since it was the 50th anniversary.

I'm probably in the minority here, but I actually prefer it at the end.
    -A grand pre-title sequence

- A great main villian

- A Bond girl who lives to see the end, but maybe a secondary Bond girl is killed (I really don't mind seeing them die)

- A smart, realistic henchwoman who is bad throughout (I trust Logan with this one)

I'm begging Bond 24 has a femme fatale/ henchwoman in the movie as I personally believe we haven't been given an amazing female villain since Fiona Volpe, even Xenia Onatopp was a bit too cartoonish for my liking. In my eyes, she has to be like a villain version of Eve in Skyfall - she can kick ass and looks good doing it. I almost think if to make a female villain for Bond 24 they would need to mix Eve and Severine into one character. I think the result would be what I'd like to see in Bond 24.

- This is not what I want to see IN Bond 24 but what I want to see happen when Bond 24 is released.

That is an ultimately pleased audience. There's nothing worse than enjoying a film so much and then hearing that most of the audience didn't like it. Fingers-crossed that we all enjoy the next installment of the James Bond series.
    GalaSilva wrote:

- A great main villian

Who doesn't want a great pre-title sequence and a great main villain?
    Ludovico wrote:
    GalaSilva wrote:

- A great main villian

Who doesn't want a great pre-title sequence and a great main villain?

Exactly, that's why it's on my wish list.
  • GalaSilva wrote:

- A great main villian

- A Bond girl who lives to see the end, but maybe a secondary Bond girl is killed (I really don't mind seeing them die)

- A smart, realistic henchwoman who is bad throughout (I trust Logan with this one)

I'm begging Bond 24 has a femme fatale/ henchwoman in the movie as I personally believe we haven't been given an amazing female villain since Fiona Volpe, even Xenia Onatopp was a bit too cartoonish for my liking. In my eyes, she has to be like a villain version of Eve in Skyfall - she can kick ass and looks good doing it. I almost think if to make a female villain for Bond 24 they would need to mix Eve and Severine into one character. I think the result would be what I'd like to see in Bond 24.

- This is not what I want to see IN Bond 24 but what I want to see happen when Bond 24 is released.

That is an ultimately pleased audience. There's nothing worse than enjoying a film so much and then hearing that most of the audience didn't like it. Fingers-crossed that we all enjoy the next installment of the James Bond series.

I've always wanted to see Tilda Swinton as a female Bond villain.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited April 2014 Posts: 4,441
    Longer pre-title scene then Skyfall, but no so long as CR. Of course a grave machiene wil be used again in the PTS, symbol of Daniel Craig era. But i not realy like the way in Skyfall, remember me to much of the Die Another Day hovercraft chase. I like to see more like oil machienes in Twine, something that like on QOS but from more distence, out of order of used by some other then Bond.

Because of the water story, maby some graving in emty desert or somethig like The Bunker from Twine. I think there should not be to much action with chases or so. If we see a short scene with Mr White Quantum and no Bond iam happy already. Insteed i like to see one more action scene then Skyfall somewhere in the middle/the end.

I like to see there hire screenplay writer to help john Logan. Bruce Feirstein of course wrote Tomorrow Never Dies in on his own but Skyfall story be weakest since DAD.

Flashbacks in the maintitle with highlights who be inportent for the story. Examples: M (Dench), Bond and Mr White when there asking Mr White quistions and Bond let Dominic Green alone in the desert and Camile Your prison been in there.

Barbara Broccoli cameo in the movie insteed of Michael G Wilson.

Cinematorapher should shine more, some one who can deal with the digital. Robert
    Elswit or Roberto Schaefer return.

Skyfall has only Severine and the greek girl with a to short screentime. I whant see 3 or 4 Bond girls.. include Camile that mean 3 other one. QOS have Camile, Fields, the woman at the airport, the woman at Austria party and Mathis girlfriend. There not happend enough for me whyle Bond be on the run with M in Skyfall. In mis more in between scene's and it take to long before Eve return. Of course this be after enojoying death moment when Bond return to fast to Mi6 the second time there do almoost nothing with the fact there is no Bond.
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 14,822
    As a contrast to the last two, a sober PTS, à la CR. And a brutish looking villain. And maybe not for Bond 24, but a Keyser Soze type of villain would be nice.
    A from Russia with love sequel plot with Quantum trying to kill 007 for ruining their plans in bolivia
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    M_Balje wrote:
    Longer pre-title scene then Skyfall, but no so long as CR. Of course a grave machiene wil be used again in the PTS, symbol of Daniel Craig era. But i not realy like the way in Skyfall, remember me to much of the Die Another Day hovercraft chase. I like to see more like oil machienes in Twine, something that like on QOS but from more distence, out of order of used by some other then Bond.

I think you're getting confused, Skyfall's PTS was way longer than CR's.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Walecs wrote:
    M_Balje wrote:

I think you're getting confused, Skyfall's PTS was way longer than CR's.

I think he's confusing CR's Madagascar chase sequence with the actual PTS, Bond's murder of Fisher and Dryden.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited April 2014 Posts: 13,924
    I'd like to see Craig's Bond go deep undercover with an alias and have to communicate with the foreign enemy in their language.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Mark Hazard is a good name.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    How about Max Power? ;)
    jolearon wrote:
    I wish Clive Owen could have been Bond.

Michael Owen would be a better Bond than Clive Owen! Daniel Craig is the best Bond ever. Simples!
    I was catching up from about a month ago on some of the discussion here about Quantum returning.

I, for the record, want them to. When we look back at Craig's era, it would be a huge mistake not to give Quantum a resolution. Whether it's a PTS, or a film, some sort of tidying up need to be done before Craig is.

I'm holding out hope Logan has something with Quantum for Bond 24, and my biggest boost in morale is his 'no comment' when Empire asked him about the organization returning.

I know it could easily be a throwaway misdirection, but with Skyfall they were very clear in stating that Quantum would not feature in any way, and that SF would be a separate story. So why not be clear now?
  • 1)Gunbarrel at beginning
    2)Felix Leiter
    3)Theme song that feels more or less different. I feel that Lykke Li should have a chance after playing her song Get Some along with the QoS opening. With her, we can have an indie style Bond Song.

Several homages to previous and even older Bond films:
    4)Sylvia Trench
    5)Car chase scene making full use of gadgets
    6)Q acting irritated by Bond
    7)Bond throwing his hat in front of Moneypenny
    8)SPECTRE and Blofeld (or at least something that looks like it)
    9)Reference to dead love interests like Tracy and Vesper
    10)Red Grant (or a highly capable assassin)
    11)Roger Moore style puns and jokes

12)More new and cool gadgets that Bond would use
    13)More sex
    14)Blind Bond girl???
    15)Locations rarely or have never been before: New York, Tokyo, Singapore, Tibet, Australia etc.
    16)More focus on the mission and the stunts
    17)Sexy title sequence
    18)Female assassin

Several more that I have forgotten for the moment...
  • 19) some skiing and snowy stunts
    20)The return of the 007 theme used in the Connery era and Moonraker. You know, the one that isn't the main Bond theme
    21)Suspenseful stunts that if one step goes wrong everything would go nasty
    22)Mi6 office moving to wherever Bond is. I chuckled whenever I see M and Moneypenny's office move to places like a submarine, Egypt, a sunken ship etc.
    23)More adventurous mission that has sci.fi and modern elements in it
    24)Grand Ken Adam style set pieces
    25)Plot revolving world domination, or something close to a global threat
    26)Deadly pets
    27)Incorporating the theme song in the score
    I feel Diamonds Are Forever is a very untapped Fleming novel so I would love for then to rework it for Craig.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited May 2014 Posts: 40,465
    I'm about to watch the big battle that takes place during the ending of TSWLM, and it reminded me of the one towards the ending of YOLT, and it got me thinking: would anyone else like to see another one of these big battles in 'Bond 24' or beyond? From my memory right off the bat, I can't think of anything like this happening in a Bond movie in quite some time, so it would be great to see Bond, his main ally (male, female, doesnt matter), and a whole bunch of other allies (either five or ten could prove interesting, or close to a hundred like we see in both of the aforementioned films) fighting a large-sized group of henchmen. I think they could do something really action-packed and engaging with that in the near future.

And while I'm in the thread and thinking about it - though I know I've said it before - I want to see Craig's Bond suit up in some kind of covert gear and infiltrate a place, like Bond's black outfit as he invades the facility in the beginning of GE, or even Dalton's (which is a lot like it) during the opening to TLD.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I'm about to watch the big battle that takes place during the ending of TSWLM, and it reminded me of the one towards the ending of YOLT, and it got me thinking: would anyone else like to see another one of these big battles in 'Bond 24' or beyond? From my memory right off the bat, I can't think of anything like this happening in a Bond movie in quite some time, so it would be great to see Bond, his main ally (male, female, doesnt matter), and a whole bunch of other allies (either five or ten could prove interesting, or close to a hundred like we see in both of the aforementioned films) fighting a large-sized group of henchmen. I think they could do something really action-packed and engaging with that in the near future.

And while I'm in the thread and thinking about it - though I know I've said it before - I want to see Craig's Bond suit up in some kind of covert gear and infiltrate a place, like Bond's black outfit as he invades the facility in the beginning of GE, or even Dalton's (which is a lot like it) during the opening to TLD.

I would like to see 1 of Craig's films be YOLT-esque; I would love to see him in that type of adventure, and slightly more light-hearted than his first 3. I do really want Felix to come back too, and of course Quantum resolution.
    @FoxRox, I prefer the tone of the Craig films - well, at least CR and QoS, anyway, that gritty, brutal tone it has - so I don't want it to be too campy or anything, but I agree: I would love to see Craig's Bond have that kind of adventure, I think it would be wonderful.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @FoxRox, I prefer the tone of the Craig films - well, at least CR and QoS, anyway, that gritty, brutal tone it has - so I don't want it to be too campy or anything, but I agree: I would love to see Craig's Bond have that kind of adventure, I think it would be wonderful.
    I agree. At times during Skyfall it goes a bit too far into jokey territory. Every time Dan's Bond made a pun I couldn't help but think he was having an out of character moment. Much like with Tim's Bond films, that kind of humor doesn't mesh well against the more straight-faced and earnest story lines and content.
    edited May 2014 Posts: 40,465
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, agreed, and it really took me out of the film in SF at times because Craig's Bond really hasn't been like that, his work on the character has been straight-laced, ready for blood and action, gritty, brutal, and can kick anyone's ass at the snap of a finger, so I didn't enjoy seeing him suddenly more laid back and jokey. I felt like he lost a good bit of his edge in SF.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, agreed, and it really took me out of the film in SF at times because Craig's Bond really hasn't been like that, his work on the character has been straight-laced, ready for blood and action, gritty, brutal, and can kick anyone's ass at the snap of a finger, so I didn't enjoy seeing him suddenly more laid back and jokey. I felt like he lost a good bit of his edge in SF.

I understand that. Dan's Bond has had quick one-liners that have made me laugh before but unlike Skyfall they never felt forced and were very much in the moment and well placed. In Skyfall all the one-liners came much too fast and delivered too close together, like the "bet it all on red"/"circle of life" deliveries that come right after the other. It comes off as messy and clunky, and like I said, I just don't think it's something Dan's Bond would say.

If we have to have moments of humor in the future Craig films I want it to be like that moment in QoS when the biker comes up to Bond in Haiti yelling at him for not killing Camille, to which Bond replies "I missed" and flips the guy off his bike, kicking him senseless on the pavement. That line managed to be humorous, yet didn't feel forced or like it was trying to be funny; it's like an accidental pun almost. It was very much in the moment and served as Bond's verbal reaction to the events around him that was heightened in hilarity by the physical action of 007 pummeling the guy into submission. That's what I want more of: lines that aren't trying too hard and that feel very reactionary and right, something Dan's Bond would actually say in that moment.

I'd have been happy if the "circle of life" line was just erased all together. I love the "bet it all on red" delivery but when Bond continues with the "circle of life" one-liner I sometimes wince at how out of place it sounds and feels, and it's like Bond is making fun of the man being torn apart by the komodo dragon, something I don't think he'd actually do. It just has never sat well with me from the first time I heard it at the theater.
    Totally agreed. I like those in-the-moment lines that aren't forced, as well. Hell, sometimes Craig's Bond would come off as cold or calculating, but I found what he was saying to be funny, like his "Skewered. One sympathizes." line on the train with Vesper when they're talking about his lamb, or how he says "No." when M asks if he can remain emotionally detached when they're looking at Solange's body. He's just so careless, yet it gives me a laugh, because he's so sincere about it. I think the worst offender for me in SF is the "I always hated this place." line. I've gone into it before and nobody seems to agree, but I can't stand it.

Don't get me wrong, his Bond CAN handle humor, but it just needs to be tweaked in the sense of what we're talking about. Of course, he did have some funny lines in SF, such as his wide-eyed "Open...the door." line to the woman on the train, along with his health and safety quip. I also loved the banter between him and Q when he was down in the tunnels.
    I'm just like you. I laugh the most at lines I really shouldn't, either because Dan's delivery of the line seems perfectly timed or how he commands himself in a scene proves to be entertaining. I grin at all kinds of things he says, especially at his retorts to villains, like when Greene says "My friends call me Dominic" to which he answers "I'm sure they do." It isn't a comedic, knee-slapping one-liner and likely not meant to be funny, but Dan's timing and how he gets in Greene's face and gives it to him is deliciously entertaining. I guess I just connect to his Bond's drier humor as it's a humor I share.
    Exactly! And the little smirk he gives when he says "I'm sure they do." makes it that much better. See, if they do more of these types of lines where it's meant to be taken as serious, but can also be taken comedically in a dry sense, I will be happy.
    Birdleson wrote:
    I'd like to see Craig do the Tarzan yell in the next one. But not more than once.

How about the Tarzen yell as he swings on a rope across a chasm, BUT, as he does it, the whistle from the 360 TMWTGG car jump blares in the background, and as soon as he lands, he turns and finds the pigeon from MR that does a triple take.