Spectre wish list

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    echo wrote:
    I liked the fresh approach of CR: no Q, no Moneypenny. The series had reached a point of diminishing returns with these characters by DAD. How many more flirtation scenes or Q workroom scenes did we need?

Q in particular had a poignant retirement scene in TWINE and they should have retired the character after that movie as well. Ditto Moneypenny after AVTAK.

With CR, It felt like the cobwebs of decades were finally being swept away.

I wish SF had continued in that vein. The M switch is fine (Dench is great but so is Fiennes). So for Bond 24 I'd like to have no Q and no Moneypenny, again.

Hate to break it to you, but that will never happen.
    echo wrote:
    I liked the fresh approach of CR: no Q, no Moneypenny. The series had reached a point of diminishing returns with these characters by DAD. How many more flirtation scenes or Q workroom scenes did we need?

Q in particular had a poignant retirement scene in TWINE and they should have retired the character after that movie as well. Ditto Moneypenny after AVTAK.

With CR, It felt like the cobwebs of decades were finally being swept away.

I wish SF had continued in that vein. The M switch is fine (Dench is great but so is Fiennes). So for Bond 24 I'd like to have no Q and no Moneypenny, again.

Hate to break it to you, but that will never happen.

You tell him. We all wanted to see Q & Moneypenny return. We glad we did. It stay that way While the Bond movies continue. @ehco if you don't like it don't see Bond 24.
  • samainsysamainsy Suspended
    LeChiffre wrote:
    BLOFELD! yeh blofeld, in america, winter 2014 , gunbarrel at the beginning yeah and thats i and more stuff

• edited April 2013 Posts: 2,189
    I think that the liquor company Diageo should out-bid Heineken for product placement in Bond 24 because it owns Smirnoff, Tanqueray, Crown Royal, Johnnie Walker, Captain Morgan, and many more big-name liquors, but above all it owns Red Stripe beer and would allow for a tribute to Dr. No, which also fetured Smirnoff come to think of it...
    Murdock wrote:
    James Bond theme Overload. I'm sick of having subtle hints of the Bond theme woven into certain scores. dangit, I want a Bond theme explosion ala Tomorrow Never Dies. I miss the good old days of Bond music.

Same here. The last time we really had the Bond theme blaring was in TWINE when he escaped the bankers office.

I want more moments like that, Bond does something cool and the theme song kicks in. Not a subtle hint or the opening notes, I want the full on Bond theme back.
    Murdock wrote:
    James Bond theme Overload. I'm sick of having subtle hints of the Bond theme woven into certain scores. dangit, I want a Bond theme explosion ala Tomorrow Never Dies. I miss the good old days of Bond music.

Same here. The last time we really had the Bond theme blaring was in TWINE when he escaped the bankers office.

I want more moments like that, Bond does something cool and the theme song kicks in. Not a subtle hint or the opening notes, I want the full on Bond theme back.

Agreed, and I think that they should bring David Arnold back for that very reason, seeing as he did both of those scores...
  • walter1985walter1985 Rotterdam
    *small roles for Q and Monneypenny
    *big role for Gareth Mallory
    *comeback of mister White and Quantum
    *something with political issues, international terrorism and biochemical weapons
    *David Arnold back on board
    *gunbarrel at the START of the film
    *happy ending for Bond with a girl like in the old days :-)
    *some skiing or diving (haven't seen that for a while)
    *NO computer animated animals/faces/... (those komodo dragons... come on... and the face of Silva...)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited April 2013 Posts: 28,694
    This has nothing to even do with the content of the film, but I want to get some drawn/painted posters instead of Photoshopped ones for Bond 24 and beyond. The thing I love about the classic posters is that they were truly pieces of art just like the films they represented, and I would love to see that kind of thing return to the franchise.
  • samainsysamainsy Suspended
    This is the 21st century everythings better
    walter1985 wrote:
    *small roles for Q and Monneypenny
    *big role for Gareth Mallory
    *comeback of mister White and Quantum
    *something with political issues, international terrorism and biochemical weapons

*David Arnold back on board
    *gunbarrel at the START of the film
    *happy ending for Bond with a girl like in the old days :-)
    *some skiing or diving (haven't seen that for a while)
    *NO computer animated animals/faces/... (those komodo dragons... come on... and the face of Silva...)

Those ones.
    samainsy wrote:

Hahaha! I love the naive ones. Pray tell me, how many films from the 1940s, 50s and 60s have you seen?
    samainsy wrote:

Hahaha! I love the naive ones. Pray tell me, how many films from the 1940s, 50s and 60s have you seen?

Yeah, he does not understand the golden age of films, (personally I think it was the 70's and 80's) the prejudiced views of youngsters nowadays "Ah blud, dis film is crap mun, it's got peeps wid emotions and souls, and dere's actual talking, not just shooting wid dose big shotguns, it's **** batty boy!"

I know I don't want to see Blofeld or Spectre.

Me neither. I never got the fascination with Blofeld anyway, and he and his cat are such a cliche by now and totally Austin Powers territory. Enough is enough.

Tuulia wrote:

Me neither. I never got the fascination with Blofeld anyway, and he and his cat are such a cliche by now and totally Austin Powers territory. Enough is enough.

We could get the Blofeld we have deserved though. A really adversary to Bond like we got in OHMSS instead of the mess that came of him, especially in DAF.
    Tuulia wrote:

This has been said many, many times before but Blofeld doesn't have to be a Dr Evil type. Have you read the books?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Tuulia wrote:

This has been said many, many times before but Blofeld doesn't have to be a Dr Evil type. Have you read the books?

THIS! Blofeld as described by Fleming appeared as follows.
    blofelds.jpg
    Who did those sketches Murdock?
    Are there more?
    Do you have a link?
    They're just smashing.
    edited April 2013 Posts: 16,330
    Who did those sketches Murdock?
    Are there more?
    Do you have a link?
    They're just smashing.

I don't know who did those sketches. Sadly I don't know if there is more as I found them on a Blog that reviews James Bond movies.
    Bugger and drat.
    Oh well, thank you!
  • edited April 2013 Posts: 2,015
    That's artist George Almond drawing under John Grishworld's probably detailed instructions for his annotation work. You can see a sample here (this is the author's site) :

http://www.ian-fleming-james-bond-annotations-and-chronologies.com/page4.html

artwork_for_book_x38e.jpg
    One wish for a James Bond movie would be to spice up the action, make Bond a little more cold blooded. I like what I saw in QOS when he made Dom Greene drink the motor oil - or did he? That movie is poorly edited so its hard to tell. Why would you ever drink oil even in the desert ?
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    One wish for a James Bond movie would be to spice up the action, make Bond a little more cold blooded. I like what I saw in QOS when he made Dom Greene drink the motor oil - or did he? That movie is poorly edited so its hard to tell. Why would you ever drink oil even in the desert ?

I suppose that if you're that thirsty, any liquid will do to quench the thirst. The psychological condition one's in might very well allow for such craziness.
    Have you seen the film? I do wonder at times....

Bond tosses Greene the oil and leaves, end of story. And since it wasn't an action scene the bad editing is irrelevant, considering the editing is quite fine when normal character to character dialogue is going on as opposed to a chase or fight scene.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

Bond tosses Greene the oil and leaves, end of story. And since it wasn't an action scene the bad editing is irrelevant, considering the editing is quite fine when normal character to character dialogue is going on as opposed to a chase or fight scene.

On top of that, the editing is an incredibly pointless complaint when it's stated that he drank it later on. The editing played no part in 'Did we see Bond force Greene to drink the motor oil at gunpoint?' Sometimes, I feel people just don't pay proper attention to a film, and they throw blame at other elements of the movie to make themselves feel better.
    Creasy47 wrote:

On top of that, the editing is an incredibly pointless complaint when it's stated that he drank it later on. The editing played no part in 'Did we see Bond force Greene to drink the motor oil at gunpoint?' Sometimes, I feel people just don't pay proper attention to a film, and they throw blame at other elements of the movie to make themselves feel better.

Or follow the crowd in the hate.
    Tuulia wrote:

I always wonder why people objecting to Blofeld coming back always presume those who do want him back want the caricature, scarred, bald, wearing a Nehru suit and stroking a cat. I know some do want this Blofeld to show up again. But most, I think, want him to return as he was in the novels, the Moriarty, heck the Satan of the Bond universe.
    edited April 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Ludovico wrote:
    Tuulia wrote:

I always wonder why people objecting to Blofeld coming back always presume those who do want him back want the caricature, scarred, bald, wearing a Nehru suit and stroking a cat. I know some do want this Blofeld to show up again. But most, I think, want him to return as he was in the novels, the Moriarty, heck the Satan of the Bond universe.
    Precisely! I am eager to read the Fleming novels featuring Blofeld in the future because I am sure I will afterwards hate most everything EON have done in the past with the character and wish for more of a film adaption of what Fleming gave us in TB, OHMSS and YOLT.
    An updated version of this. :((
    Murdock wrote:
    An updated version of this. :((

I recently heard that a song artist from Japan named Eva supposedly ripped this track off and used it in her music without so much as giving Barry credit. Is this true?
    I recently heard that a song artist from Japan named Eva supposedly ripped this track off and used it in her music without so much as giving Barry credit. Is this true?
    That I would not know Brady, however I heard something of a soundalike in an anime called Neon Genesis Evangelion.