Closing Ceremony of The First Annual MI6 Community Awards *Winners Listed*

0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
edited September 2012 in General Discussion Posts: 28,694
Well folks, the end is near, so we face the final curtain. Though there were some obstacles coming in the way of finishing these awards off, I am proud to say that it is now over, and the winners can claim their pride. I would like to thank @Dimi for giving me the go-ahead and for everyone that voted and helped make these awards a hell of a hoot to host. Congratulations to all the nominees and winners, and any and all on this site that are as deserving as the next. Until we meet again, keep Bond in your hearts and your PPK in its holster. Cheers, ladies and gents. =D>

Biggest Connery Fan:
@0BradyM0Bondfanatic7

Biggest Lazenby Fan:
@TheWizardOfIce

Biggest Moore Fan:
@DaltonCraig007

Biggest Dalton Fan:
@thelivingroyale

Biggest Brosnan Fan:
@Creasy47
AND
@00Beast in a tie

Biggest Craig Fan:
@GermanLady

Most Off-Topic Thread:
Choice #1: http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/1253/are-there-any-women-here-on-mi6/p1

Strangest Skyfall Rumor:
The CIA were smuggling guns through the Skyfall set.

Most Controversial MI6 Member:
The winner is the long departed @shadowonthesun, because @TouchMyButtons doesn't deserve to win anything.

Best MI6 User-Name:
@LiveAndEatPie

Funniest/Most Entertaining MI6 Member:
@Kerim

Best MI6 Artist:
@marketto007
AND
@0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 in a tie

Favorite MI6 Moderator:
@DarthDimi

Best Music/Video Editor of MI6:
@TomWaldek

Best Fan Fiction Writer of MI6:
@thelivingroyale

Best Fan Fiction of MI6:
@Smirnoff_Purple's work:
http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/3185/goldeneye-rogue-agent-chapter-thirty-four-on-page-three/p1

Best Bond Related Announcement:
Choice #4: Sam Mendes is directing Skyfall.

Biggest Fan of the James Bond Video Games:
@00Beast
AND
@X3MSonicX in a tie

Biggest Bond Music Fan:
@SirHenryLeeChaChing
AND
@DarthDimi in a tie

Best MI6 Blu-ray Artist:
@0BradyM0Bondfanatic7

Best User-made Blu-ray Cover:
@haserot and his creation:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/djx187/BondBluRay21.jpg

Biggest Automotive Bond Fan:
@DB5

Thanks again to everyone for making this such a fun event to host. =D>

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Thanks for hosting them, Brady, they were entertaining to take part in!
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Thanks for hosting it, and congratulations to every single winner (Including me :P). I'm glad of having participated on the awards.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Congratulations to all the winners, and good job Brady, all handled very efficiently. =D>
    It was a terrific run Brady! Thank you for the entertaining contest, we do appreciate it!
    00Beast wrote:
    It was a terrific run Brady! Thank you for the entertaining contest, we do appreciate it!

It was also nice that you and I tied in being the biggest Brosnan fans; I wouldn't want it any other way.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    00Beast wrote:

It was also nice that you and I tied in being the biggest Brosnan fans; I wouldn't want it any other way.
    Exactly my thoughts on the matter. :)

• KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    edited September 2012 Posts: 2,629
    Kerim was away and couldn't make the awards ceremony. Accepting on his behalf:

Thank you everyone, I'm very humbled to accept this honor.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Kerim wrote:
    Kerim was away and couldn't make the awards ceremony. Accepting on his behalf:

Thank you everyone, I'm very humbled to accept this honor.

You have more than earned it. Just promise to keep us in stitches! =))
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Thanks for hosting this one, @0Brady, and thanks everyone for the votes, although I will share the honour with my fellow mods since we all labour equally hard in our spare time to keep things on the right track here.
  • Most Controversial MI6 Member:
    The winner is the long departed @shadowonthesun, because @TouchMyButtons doesn't deserve to win anything.

:))

Anyway, thanks for hosting this Brady, and thanks anybody who voted for me <:-P
    Thanks from me, too, Brady and everybody. I know, some think, I am nuts ;) but I am wearing it with pride...
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited September 2012 Posts: 13,934
    Strangest Skyfall Rumor:
    The CIA were smuggling guns through the Skyfall set.
    I never heard about that! Very strange, indeed. Where did this rumour originate?
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Thanks from me, too! I think it was a good deal of work; I'm glad you enjoyed doing it for us. I enjoyed voting, and this was all good fun!
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 4,813
    TouchMyButtons was so aptly named, I can't help but wonder if he was being the way he was on purpose, just to stir things up out of boredom.

....nah he was probably just an idiot. ;)
  • I love how I won the writer award because I was the only one that voted and I voted for myself :))

Well, at least I won the Dalton one legitly :D
    I love how I won the writer award because I was the only one that voted and I voted for myself :))

Well, at least I won the Dalton one legitly :D
    I tried as hard as I could to get people voting, but some threads lost out. There was more participation in the nominations, but that sort of fell off when the voting began. A lot of threads fill the homepage though, and some get lost in the mix. Nothing you can do.
  • I know Brady, it wasn't your fault, you've done great with these awards.

And hey, I won so I'm not complaining ;)
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 1,817
    Congratulations to the winners! I found the results very close to my voting preferences, specially regarding the most controversial, as I was one of the first ones pointing that TouchMyButtons doesn't deserve an award.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited September 2012 Posts: 13,350
    A big well done to all of the winners from me and thanks to @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 for seeing this through to the end.

Hopefully the same can happen next year or soon in the future.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    A big well done to all of the winners from me and thanks to @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 for seeing this through to the end.

Hopefully the same can happen next year or soon in the future.
    I would be up to it, if given the chance. I guess everything from now on is fair game for the next awards.

@DC007 isn't even here to claim his almost unanimous victory.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I tried as hard as I could to get people voting, but some threads lost out.
    As a mod, I found it hard to vote - I'm sure you understand. But let me congratulate you once more on a job well done, sir. ;-)
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    thanks for awarding me this prize! I am truely honoured :)
    thanks for awarding me this prize! I am truely honoured :)

It was well deserved, old friend! Hopefully we can get these games going again in the very near future. I offered to help Brady with all the work in doing them, so it should make it easier on him and therefore easier to start up once more.