I've lost respect for Connery

123457»

Comments

Tracy wrote:
    Now there's rumors going around that he may have dementia , if that's the case I'd cut him slack for missing 50th anniversary , important as it might be :(

I'd forgotten about the dementia rumours!

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I'd cut him some slack even if it wasn't dementia. The man is well past 80 now. I think he deserves the right to do whatever the devil he wants to do.
  • I really hope that he hasn't got dementia. Nobody deserves that.
  • I just read the "Sean Connery gives 'coldfinger' to 50th anniversary celebrations article", and I must say my admiration for Connery has gone down quite a bit. Seriously Sean, you are a millionaire , you are living in a gated manision/compound in the Bahamas without a care in the world . Stop being a baby . It's really a disgrace Sean won't be attending the anniversary , this is one of the last times all of the Bond actors will be alive at the same time, I hate to sound depressing but I highly doubt all 6 Bond's will be alive for the 60th anniversary . Seriously Sean stop being a spoiled old man, get your old ass out there for SKYFALL and thank god you were given the opportunity to play Bond, because if you didn't I highly doubt you would be where you are now.
    Why should he go? to please you? I don't think so. Note: his career after Bond was even better
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I just read the "Sean Connery gives 'coldfinger' to 50th anniversary celebrations article", and I must say my admiration for Connery has gone down quite a bit. Seriously Sean, you are a millionaire , you are living in a gated manision/compound in the Bahamas without a care in the world . Stop being a baby . It's really a disgrace Sean won't be attending the anniversary , this is one of the last times all of the Bond actors will be alive at the same time, I hate to sound depressing but I highly doubt all 6 Bond's will be alive for the 60th anniversary . Seriously Sean stop being a spoiled old man, get your old ass out there for SKYFALL and thank god you were given the opportunity to play Bond, because if you didn't I highly doubt you would be where you are now.
    Why should he go? to please you? I don't think so. Note: his career after Bond was even better

Some folks seem to think they own a superstar. Just because Connery played Bond several decades ago, he should now attend every celebration or whatever because he owes us? The logic escapes me. I'm pleased with what the man delivered on screen. Quite frankly I couldn't care less how he spends his time now. We can't just claim him.