Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (30th June 2023)

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    1.Temple of Doom
    2.The Last Crusade
    3. Raiders of the Lost Ark

Was there a forth one? I don't remember. Not that I'd want to. :P
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Doom
    Raiders
    Crusade
    Skull
    1.RAIDERS
    2.CRUSADE
    3.TOMB
    4. SKULL
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    RAIDERS - DN
    DOOM - FRWL
    CRUSADE - GF
    SKULL - TB

So it looks like it's basically gone done since the first but look at my comparison to Bond to see how high I regard that series.
    I wouldn't compare Crystal Skull to Thunderball. It's more like Die Another Day if you ask me.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Raiders
    Crusade
    Doom
    Skull
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Disney say they are not going to recast, but having spent a fatasillion dollars on getting the rights, is it possible they will bring the franchise up to modern times, and introduce Indy s great grandson or something?
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Murdock wrote: »
    I wouldn't compare Crystal Skull to Thunderball. It's more like Die Another Day if you ask me.

True!

If we are comparing fourth films, I would say it s more like SPECTRE.
  • ^ Or Phantom Menace, ha ha! =))
    Maybe. I like them all.
  • I'd rank them like this-

Raiders
    Crusade
    Skull
    Doom

Another film just seems superfluous. I get the appeal of doing one "old Indiana Jones" film, but more than that is just redundant.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    'Indiana Jones 5' has been moved to July 10th, 2020:

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-episode-9-release-date/#more-412548
    Damn.
    Given Ford's age, the last thing this movie should be getting is a delay in production.
    Yes, when you reach a certain age that does become a concern. That age isn t 50, like some seem to think on other threads. Ford will be 77, which isn t exactly young.
    I'm going to bet that it won't get made.
    Yes, when you reach a certain age that does become a concern. That age isn t 50, like some seem to think on other threads. Ford will be 77, which isn t exactly young.

Definitely. Will make the usage of stunt doubles even more obvious, I can't see him performing most of the stunts they'll end up with.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans

I do agree but Ford is not typical; in recent photos he is in remarkable shape. With that said, I do think they will take his, and his characters age into account.

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Damn, this sucks. How the hell do they expect to pull off this film with Ford being 77?
    Dam pushed another year. I'm pretty sure Indy is gonna die in this film. Just my hunch
  • RC7RC7
    They should've left Indy in 1989.
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 12,837
    Benny wrote: »
    Raiders
    Crusade
    Doom
    Skull

Mine would probably be the same (although I always have trouble deciding between Doom and Crusade, Crusade has Connery and is definitely a much more solid film but it is sort of derivative of Raiders, Doom is a more ambitious and interesting sequel even if it isn't as good a film, plus the villain is great) but even though I'd say it's the weakest, I'd like to add that I did enjoy Crystal Skull. Wasn't necessary given how the third one ended but it was a lot of fun imo.

If they really want to do a fifth then I think leave Ford out of it entirely. He's too old and Crystal Skull was a nice ending for his take on the character. If they have to do another one then I think soft reboot is the way to go. Set it in the 30s/40s, new actor, keep the tropes and the iconography but don't address the old ones directly. I also think that the new actor shouldn't just be a Harrison Ford clone. If they want to keep these films going they need their Roger Moore. Someone who's recognizably Indy but different enough from Ford's take to not feel inferior. It's difficult but not impossible. If you can recast Connery you can recast anyone imo.

I think Colin Farrell would be really good. One of the few actors working today who I could imagine pulling off intellectual and adventurer equally well like Harrison did.
  • RC7RC7
    What I love about Doom in particular is that you just wouldn't get a film made like that these days. Raiders and Crusade, sure, but Doom, never. It's a very unique movie.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    RC7 wrote: »
    They should've left Indy in 1989.

Completely agree.
    KOTCS is a very weak entry. Really let me down, not only because of Shia. But poor writing imo,
    "Don't say snake."
    Altogether..."Grab the rope."
    Sloppy CGI -Monkey swinging etc, overly fantastical. Ok, so Raiders and Crusade covered religious artefacts and their magical powers, but you could go with it. It worked. This is like finding out the 'force' are microscopic organisms. Oh wait.
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    Dam pushed another year. I'm pretty sure Indy is gonna die in this film. Just my hunch

Let s hope he doesn t before shooting.
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 2,107
    Disney already has a perfect replacement for Ford if he decides he's too old for the gig.

latest?cb=20141002181004

Or they could remake the young Indiana Jones Chronicles, with Ford only making a cameo as old Henry Jr, retelling his adventures to his grandchild. I get a fuzzy Disney(c) feeling just thinking about it.
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 11,425
    I think my favourite is actually crusade, although Raiders is obviously awesome.

I never liked Doom and the snipers of Crystal I've seen looked appalling.

The moral of the story is that Indie should always be up against the Nazis.

If they must do a 5th then they should recast Indie with Dalton in the lead
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    edited April 2017 Posts: 1,812
    Dalton is awesome and should've done at least one more Bond, but him as Indy would be terrible. If they have to recast then it should be someone young. I know for a while Chris Pratt as a young Indiana Jones was a popular idea and I still like that. I don't believe it will happen though.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited April 2017 Posts: 15,691
    Timothy Dalton as Indy's dad if they recast Harrison Ford would be awesome. He should have been Alfred for Affleck's Batman, but sadly it didn't happen. I remain hopeful that Pierce Brosnan can be the next Alfred once the Batman role is recasted again.