Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (30th June 2023)

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Karl Urban is another good choice, and if he got a gig as high profile as this maybe he'd have enough starpower to get a Dredd sequel going? I know I know. A man can dream.

Here's hoping! That would be great. I'd love another Dredd movie. Can't have enough Karl Urban. ;)

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Unlike Bond, Indy is Ford & Ford only.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    The reason why they want Ford to do another one, must be because they are killing him.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    I was thinking about it and I think Scott Eastwood would make a pretty good Indy. He's got the look for it in my opinion.
    fast-8-seastwood-pic01.jpg

I also think he'd make a pretty good Nathan Drake if they decide to do a proper Uncharted movie. I'll even throw his name in for Bond (as long as he can pull off the accent).
    He is wrong for Indy.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I saw him in something recently (can't remember what it was. FF I think) and all I could think of was 'block of wood'. Daddy passed on his looks but sadly not his charisma.
  • fast-8-seastwood-pic01.jpg
    I heard an interesting idea not too long ago regarding Scott: (mind you, this was just some guys idea on a forum, and not an actual rumor) if they made a Batman Beyond movie with fan-favorite Clint Eastwood as old Bruce, Scott Eastwood would be Batman for any 'flashback' scenes.

clint-eastwood-scott-eastwood-esquire-8316-620x413.jpg

I kind of liked the idea!

I heard an interesting idea not too long ago regarding Scott: (mind you, this was just some guys idea on a forum, and not an actual rumor) if they made a Batman Beyond movie with fan-favorite Clint Eastwood as old Bruce, Scott Eastwood would be Batman for any 'flashback' scenes.

clint-eastwood-scott-eastwood-esquire-8316-620x413.jpg

I kind of liked the idea!

That really wouldn't be a bad idea. However I'm partial to Michael Keaton being old man Bruce.

bondjames wrote: »
    I saw him in something recently (can't remember what it was. FF I think) and all I could think of was 'block of wood'. Daddy passed on his looks but sadly not his charisma.

I think the only thing I've actually seen him in was Suicide Squad and he had such a small role that I can't comment on his acting abilities. I just think he has the look.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    It wasn't until recently, 9 years since seeing Gran Torino, that I realized Scott Eastwood appeared in that film:

I didn't either. I've only seen Grand Torino once but I remember it being very good. I need to give it another watch.
    Gran Torino is a fantastic movie and well worth a watch for anyone on here who has not seen it?
    31.png
    Harrison Ford will have played Indiana Jones for as long as Sylvester Stallone played Rocky. 1981-2020 vs 1976-2015. Has anyone else played a main character longer than that?
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker 1977 - 2017
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker 1977 - 2017

Of course, how could I forget him?
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    And most likely 2019.
    Murdock wrote: »
    Karl Urban is another good choice, and if he got a gig as high profile as this maybe he'd have enough starpower to get a Dredd sequel going? I know I know. A man can dream.

Here's hoping! That would be great. I'd love another Dredd movie. Can't have enough Karl Urban. ;)
    A Kiwi playing Indy? I don't see it happening, personally. Given the choice, I think Disney will want to stick with an American actor for the role. Unlike your good self, I don't have a problem with Chris Pratt assuming the mantle. I think he's the only decent "rising" talent currently working in Hollywood right now. I'd rule out Colin Farrell on the same basis as I would Urban, both being too old and not American.
    I was thinking about it and I think Scott Eastwood would make a pretty good Indy. He's got the look for it in my opinion.

I also think he'd make a pretty good Nathan Drake if they decide to do a proper Uncharted movie. I'll even throw his name in for Bond (as long as he can pull off the accent).
    If Warner Brothers ever decide to reboot Dirty Harry, then Scott Eastwood should be top of their list.
  • Years ago I used to dream of a Dirty Harry reboot with Hugh Jackman in the role, now carrying the insane 500 Magnum instead of the .44.

hqdefault.jpg

Now THAT would blow your head clean off.

But the more I thought about it, Harry should stay in the past where t least he's true to his original character; these days the PC brigade would rip a character like that to shreds.

Of course, Scott would be the sensible choice if it did happen!
    Years ago I used to dream of a Dirty Harry reboot with Hugh Jackman in the role, now carrying the insane 500 Magnum instead of the .44.

hqdefault.jpg

But the more I thought about it, Harry should stay in the past where t least he's true to his original character; these days the PC brigade would rip a character like that to shreds.

It's not, that they didn't shred him to pieces way back in the 70s.
    Years ago I used to dream of a Dirty Harry reboot with Hugh Jackman in the role, now carrying the insane 500 Magnum instead of the .44.

Yes, I agree that Jackman would've made a great Dirty Harry candidate. I too had similar thoughts back in 2000 when I first saw him in X-Men.

Not sure that agree about him not fitting into the present day, though. I think it's easy to forget that the character was going up against the same bureaucracy and breakdown in law and order that still exists today. Also, the critics "did" rip the character to shreds back in the 70's. Good thing was was that the public gave the critics the bird and made the movies a success despite their shrieks of protests, which was pretty much how every Eastwood movie was treated back in the day by the intelligentsia.
  • Interesting- I wasn't around for it back then, and just figured he was a product of the times.
    Sorry for derailing the thread :)
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited January 2018 Posts: 10,588
    Are they seriously making this film? I'm finding it very difficult to imagine a way they could go about it without tainting the franchise even more.
    Indy as the grumpy old man and Salla as the upbeat one.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Indy as the grumpy old man and Salla as the upbeat one.
    It'd be great to have him back, actually.
  • Id love to see Indy shoot some bad guys, but his days of fistfighting multiple guys at once are over.
    It is probably a given that this will be scored by John Williams as well.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I hope so.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited January 2018 Posts: 15,690
    According to reports on several movie news sites, Indiana Jones 5 will be the next project Spielberg will work on, once Ready Player One is released in 2 months' time.
    Excellent, looking forward to the title reveal.