Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

Thinking of all the people who have passed since i was last on this thread, present and past. Hold on to those precious memories.
    Tragic death today : French actor Gaspard Ulliel (A Very Long Engagement, among others) has died today, aged 37, following a ski accident :

https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/sci-fi/gaspard-ulliel-dead-moon-knight-newsupdate/
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    German actor Hardy Krüger passed away yesterday at the age of 93, at his home in Palm Springs, California. He was one of the first German actors post-war who had a serious career abroad. Krüger first played the main role in the British movie The One that Got Away about a German pilot who managed to flee as a POW. Later Krüger played alongside John Wayne in Hatari! (and afterwards even bought the Tanganyika farm that served as a set) and among the likes of Jimmy Stewart, Richard Attenborough, Peter Finch and Ernest Borgnine in the original The Flight of the Phoenix. He was also in A Bridge Too Far, The Wild Geese (playing a South African, in the latter case) and the Soviet-Italian production The Red Tent, so he had an ample serving of cooperation with Sean Connery and Roger Moore. Having been drafted by the Waffen-SS at the age of 16 near the end of the war, he spent his last decades (among other things) being active on behalf of an anti-racist and anti-fascist organization.
  • BirdlesonBirdleson Moderator
    edited January 2022 Posts: 2,161
    I remember first coming across hime in A BRIDGE TOO FAR.
    Of Yvette Mimieux's career, I'd like to watch Dark of the Sun. I also have some curiosity about Light in the Piazza. And George Hamilton is in it!

I enjoyed Hardy Kruger's performance in Flight of the Phoenix, particularly the tension between his character and James Stewart's. Fantastic film. And The Wild Geese is another fun film.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    RIP Hardy Kruger, great character actor.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited January 2022 Posts: 23,105

Oh man R. I. P. Meatloaf
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Damn, really sad to hear this. Loved his theatrical style. RIP
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    QBranch wrote: »
    Damn, really sad to hear this. Loved his theatrical style. RIP

I was a fan back in the 80's growing up, I had a lot of his music on vinyl, and also The Rocky Horror Picture show was a big film during that era.
    ---

Listening to some of Meatloaf's music now, Paradise by the Dashboard Light great track.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    His name was Robert Paulson. His name was Robert Paulson. His name was Robert Paulson...

RIP
    It's been a while since I watched Fight Club, will watch it later today.

Update: Cause of death...

---

According to Wikipedia Bat Out of Hell is the fourth biggest selling album of all time. What a legacy Meatloaf has.
    Damn, Meatloaf. RIP
    I remember listening to 'Bat Out Of Hell' on cassette in my uncles van many times.
    Some great tracks to remember him by. Another big loss to the world of music.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    MEAT LOAF Heaven Can Wait

Louie Anderson | Carson Tonight Show

Comic book artist Jean-Claude Mézières, co-creator of the series Valérian, has passed away tonight, aged 83.

https://www.technicalripon.com/bd-jean-claude-mezieres-author-of-valerian-et-laureline-est-mort-a-83-ans/

He will be missed by millions of science-fiction fans, including myself.
    https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/9205038002

Never forget how much risk and sacrifice these people go through.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    FoxRox wrote: »
    https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/9205038002

Never forget how much risk and sacrifice these people go through.

Thanks for that link @RoxFox (and for that important reminder).

We often take our first responders (Police, Fire, Medical workers, etc..) for granted. Here in New York City, for example, two police officers were killed a few days ago responding to a domestic dispute (the announcement that the second officer had died was made just moments ago).

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/25/nyregion/wilbert-mora-dead-nypd-shooting.html

We (I'm guilty of this as well sometimes), tend to forget that in many cases are young men and women that put their lives on the line on our behalf.

RIP to NYPD Officers Jason Rivera and Wilbert Mora.
  • edited January 2022 Posts: 15,785
    Oh, no!

R.I.P. Peter Robbins, voice of Charlie Brown.
    IMO, the definitive voice of Charlie Brown.

https://nypost.com/2022/01/26/peter-robbins-original-charlie-brown-voice-actor-dead-at-65/
  • BirdlesonBirdleson Moderator
    edited January 2022 Posts: 2,161
    Louie Anderson | Carson Tonight Show

I had forgotten how great that was. I believe that Johnny said that Louie Anderson had the best debut of any comic on The Tonight Show (I might be getting that confused with what he said about Drew Carey, but Louie's bit was much funnier).
    Writer, author and comedian Barry Cryer has sadly passed away at 86.
    Mr. Cryer worked and wrote for some true greats of the comedy world.
    RIP

:))
    R. I. P. Wrote for the greats.
    5 yrs ago : Carrie Fisher RIP
  • edited January 2022 Posts: 1,637

Liv Thorsen (aka Elna , Nils' mother on this hugely successful norwegian sitcom , MiB had as good ratings as X-files back then)
    Oh so sad to hear about Barry Cryer. Did some great work with many comedians, and a sublime storyteller of his time working behind the scenes with them. R.I.P. Barry
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    RIP Meat Loaf and Barry Cryer.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Found out that a former colleague of mine, who went into early retirement last autumn, shot himself last month.

Loved the guy, we had many laughs, never saw him down or annoyed. No idea what happened. RIP Terje.

A peculiar thing is that I don t usually dream about work, but around newyears , I dreamt I walked in through the gate at work, and saw him going out (even though we always worked at the same hours)and I wished him a Happy New Year, but he just stared at me, and didn t reply. That stuck with me just before I woke up. Eerie.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Found out that a former colleague of mine, who went into early retirement last autumn, shot himself last month.

Loved the guy, we had many laughs, never saw him down or annoyed. No idea what happened. RIP Terje.

A peculiar thing is that I don t usually dream about work, but around newyears , I dreamt I walked in through the gate at work, and saw him going out (even though we always worked at the same hours)and I wished him a Happy New Year, but he just stared at me, and didn t reply. That stuck with me just before I woke up. Eerie.

That's terrible, @Thunderfinger. Sorry to read that, mate.