Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    tumblr_pggtd7nmZH1r1ult6o2_500.gifv
    In tribute to @barryt007
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Damn, awful to hear. I tried to add him the other day on his new account after seeing his new profile and how bad he looked but no luck. I feel bad for his wife, as well, can’t imagine what she’s going through. RIP, Barry.

Yes, I tried to add him just last night after noticing a few days ago on his new Facebook account profile picture how much weight he'd lost. Looking back at our messages he actually told me he'd lost a lot of weight back in November 2020 so maybe he'd been feeling ill for a while. Yes, it must be awful for his wife and family. Barry was only married to Vangie 3 years ago this May.

I couldn't even believe it was him, it's very sad. I tried a couple of days back, as well, as I had always figured he just deleted his other Facebook account and didn't make another one until someone mentioned it to me. I'm sure adding new people was the last thing on his mind, though.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    My thoughts with @barryt007 family, very sad news.

Yes, my sympathies as well. So long, Barry. It was nice knowing you.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited August 2021 Posts: 23,562
    I'm at a loss for words... @barryt007 and I got along really well. He was a wonderful bloke, but alas, several tragedies had befallen him in the past decades. Passing away so young... This hurts.

His last post here was,
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Hello peeps!
    Just to let u all know I will be taking a back step from now on ,just checking up on NTTD etc but no more posting .
    You are a great bunch and will do our Mr Bond proud I’m sure !

Barryt007 signing off ......signal now dead.

Rest in peace, Barry. You were a good friend, a caring father, and a super member of our forum.
    Very saddened to hear about @barryt007, He created my favorite thread on this forum. :(
    Seemed like a real nice guy as well. I really missed his presence on here the past year or so.
    Wow. Condolences to his friends and family.
    God, am shocked at this news! I was expecting him to come back for the new film! We spoke briefly on pm, and always enjoyed his posts, used to chide him over TLD/Kara!
    So sad news. R.I.P Barry
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Damn, awful to hear. I tried to add him the other day on his new account after seeing his new profile and how bad he looked but no luck. I feel bad for his wife, as well, can’t imagine what she’s going through. RIP, Barry.

Yes, I tried to add him just last night after noticing a few days ago on his new Facebook account profile picture how much weight he'd lost. Looking back at our messages he actually told me he'd lost a lot of weight back in November 2020 so maybe he'd been feeling ill for a while. Yes, it must be awful for his wife and family. Barry was only married to Vangie 3 years ago this May.

I couldn't even believe it was him, it's very sad. I tried a couple of days back, as well, as I had always figured he just deleted his other Facebook account and didn't make another one until someone mentioned it to me. I'm sure adding new people was the last thing on his mind, though.

Yes, I was aware of his new Facebook account for a while but as he had the same picture up I just assumed all was well with him. Then a few days ago I checked it again only to find a new profile picture where he'd lost a lot of weight and looked ill. I didn't want to bother him by adding him again as a friend but yesterday I decided I should but by then of course it was too late, sadly. As you say, when you're ill like that the last thing on your mind is social media.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    edited August 2021 Posts: 14,884
    From my early days on KTBEU @barryt007 and I connected over our love of OP.
    Over the years we ‘Bonded’ more and developed a friendship that was sadly only via this forum or Facebook. We’d always planned to have ‘that drink’ in London one day. Alas that’s not to be.
    He was a great contributor to the forum for many years and gained many friends and admirers with his genuine personality and friendly attitude.
    His love of OP rivals even mine, and his feelings for Kara are legendary. Always a good way to stir him up.
    I’m so sad that the past 18 months or so, that he hasn’t been a part of the forum. I’d hoped with the release of NTTD he may return. His presence will be sorely missed.
    RIP Barry, a great man gone too soon.
    I just read through our old PMs,which put a smile on my face. His last words to me there were "Ha ha ha u nutter!!!" Classic Barry.
    I just read through our old PMs,which put a smile on my face. His last words to me there were "Ha ha ha u nutter!!!" Classic Barry.

That’s Barry for you. Time to sift through ours on here, as well, good thinking.
    I’m so saddened to hear @barryt007 has passed away. I have fond memories of seeing him around here, and this place just won’t ever be the same without him. My sincerest condolences to his family and friends - barry, we love you, will miss you, and never forget you <3 I hope you look down and smile at those carrying on the Bond way.
  • edited August 2021 Posts: 6,747
    Very sorry to hear about @barryt007. He was a very amiable person; it was always nice to see him around. Not to mention all the laughs we had regarding his dislike for a certain Czech cellist. And he was an Octopussy fan to boot! And as @ToTheRight said, he created one of the most important and distinctive threads we have. We all know which one. No, not the Kara Milovy Appreciation Thread, but "Bond...comments while you watch..."

Rest in Peace, Barry

Edit: And how could I forget another classic barryism! "Kinky..."
  • edited August 2021 Posts: 17,301
    Very sorry to hear that @barryt007 has passed away. I'll miss his presence here on the forum (already did), and our conversations – often about our shared interest (and frustrations) about Arsenal.
    mattjoes wrote: »
    Edit: And how could I forget another classic barryism! "Kinky..."

This gave me a good laugh, @mattjoes – thanks.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Our exchanges were limited (I only joined in 2017, after all), but very pleasant. RIP, Barry.
    Very sad to hear about @barryt007. The forums won't be the same without him.
  • I don't recall having many interactions with @barryt007, but I would always enjoy his posts, especially the Kara-centric ones. He'll be missed. May he rest in peace.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Gutted and saddened to hear of the passing of the forum legend that was @barryt007. Bazza was always a larf. What ever luck he did have, usually was of the bad variety. Take care old friend. Thoughts to his family and friends.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    I'm deeply saddened by his passing. Just checked on the last time I spoke to him, that was 2019. I knew he'd tuned out of the site for a while but I always expected him to come back. @Dragonpol or anyone else who might be able to contact the family, it would be great if our condolences could reach them. Perhaps it would console them a bit that he's missed by so many. RIP @barryt007
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    Saddened to hear about the passing of @barryt007. Even when his opinions differed from my own, I always found his posts to be thoughtful and well-reasoned.

He will be missed.
    I'm deeply saddened by his passing. Just checked on the last time I spoke to him, that was 2019. I knew he'd tuned out of the site for a while but I always expected him to come back. @Dragonpol or anyone else who might be able to contact the family, it would be great if our condolences could reach them. Perhaps it would console them a bit that he's missed by so many. RIP @barryt007

Good thinking. That is indeed a partial comfort when you lose a beloved one.
  • R.I.P Barry, shame I wasn't around here early enough to know him. My condolences with his family.

That's a good idea, @CommanderRoss. Yes, I will try and make contact with his wife though I'm not friends with her on Facebook. I will send her a message there and pass on our condolences on behalf of MI6 Community.
    Very sad :(
    I reached out to Vangie the other day to express our condolences, she was very appreciative. She said there will be a live stream link for Barry’s funeral services that she’s going to send me a day or two prior, so I’ll be sure to share it here for anyone interested in watching. She’ll also be posting a donation link, it’ll go to a chapel in her home country that meant a lot to her and Barry. She expressed thanks for all the warm wishes and kind words.
    edited September 2021 Posts: 17,816
    I told former MI6 member @TheWizardOfIce of the death of @barryt007 on Twitter and he passes on his condolences to Barry's family and friends here.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @barryt007,

We were young once, you and I
    We talked, we laughed, we cried
    We bonded through Bond
    And helped each other in darker times

Forever miles apart
    But sometimes closer than neighbors
    True friendship, a special gift
    The fruit of a strong community

And now you are gone
    When it was no time to die
    Rest well, my dear Bondian friend
    I'll be looking for you among the stars.

Your pal,
    DD
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    @barryt007,

We were young once, you and I
    We talked, we laughed, we cried
    We bonded through Bond
    And helped each other in darker times

Forever miles apart
    But sometimes closer than neighbors
    True friendship, a special gift
    The fruit of a strong community

And now you are gone
    When it was no time to die
    Rest well, my dear Bondian friend
    I'll be looking for you among the stars.

Your pal,
    DD

A lovely worded tribute, @DarthDimi. @barryt007 was surely one of our brightest stars and I know he shines on as an example to us all.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Sarah Harding from pop group Girls Aloud has died age 39 of Cancer, way too young.

babes_board_20071112-gthumb-gwdata1200-ghdata1200-gfitdatamax.jpg

R.I.P.
    That's sad news about Sarah Harding. So young.