Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

Stephen Hawking just now. RIP
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    So sad to hear, such a brilliant man. Glad he managed to live a long life. RIP, Mr. Hawking.

Check out the A Brief History Of Time documentary about his life, it's wonderful.
    Wow. Sorry to hear it. He certainly was an influential figure, and quite a well-respected man. RIP.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    edited March 2018 Posts: 3,000
    I had heard a story, not sure how true, that Hawking said he wanted to play a Bond villain someday. In a scenario where Blofeld somehow survived the events of the FYEO PTS, that could have actually worked.
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 2,107
    RIP Hawking
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    RIP Stephen Hawking. He was one of the greats.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    RIP Stephen Hawking. One of the all time greats.
    http://www.atpworldtour.com/en/news/ken-flach-2018-obituary

I know this won't mean much to most of you guys (although there is a tennis thread.) From a cough on the golf course to dead in a week! Just horrible. Flach and Seguso played wonderful, attacking, lightning fast doubles. Loved watching them at Wimbledon.

54? 54!!!
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    RIP Stephen Hawking. What an amazing man.
    Jim Bowen has died,aged 80.

Another great watch from my young days.
    They are dropping like flies this week.

_100416926_shutterstock_editorial_621172bc_huge.jpg

RIP Jim.
    You've gone to the great dartboard in the sky,with your Bully .
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Not great, not super, not smashing
    Aw man! Jim Bowen. R.I.P.
    Still watch the repeats on Challenge channel.
    My favourite quiz show. Remember it as a kid.
    So sad!
    STephen Hawkings RIP
    This music brings back so many memories, was it Sunday around 6pm?

5pm on Sundays I think yep.
    Stephen Hawking's best appearance :

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    You can't beat a bit of Bully!
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    A belated acknowledgment toward Lewis Gilbert. He was the man; may he rest in peace.
    so sad to see the passing of Stephen Hawking, a real genius and a sad incentive to actually watch "The theory of Everything". RIP Sir.

RIP Jim Bowen. Another funny man from my childhood. Sadly missed!
  • It's not like she was Steven Hawking or anything but: my mother passed away at 2 AM Monday morning. The best thing she ever did for me (if not the world at large) was to read to me as a child, her finger tracing the words in the Little Golden Books as she read them. Before long I was reading the books back to her, and was reading anything put in front of me at about a 2nd grade level a few years before I entered school. Thanks Mom and RIP.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    So sorry to read of your loss @BeatlesSansEarmuffs
    My thoughts go to you and your family at this sad time.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'm so terribly sorry to hear that, @BeatlesSansEarmuffs. Sounds like she taught you well. We're all here if you ever need to talk.
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 4,599
    @BeatlesSansEarmuffs Very sorry to hear that. Love your description of reading the books. Happy and special memories that she gifted you. Look after yourself.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    All my thoughts are with you, @BeatlesSansEarmuffs.
    I’m sorry @BeatlesSansEarmuffs. That’s the hardest loss I can imagine. I never want to have to lose my mother.
  • Thanks for the kind wishes, @Benny, @Creasy47, @patb, and @DaltonCraig007. @FoxRox, thanks to you too, but consider: either you're going to die before she does (which I'm sure neither of you wants) -- or you'll have to lose her eventually. Barring the development of some sort of science fictional immortality treatment, of course. With that in mind...just appreciate her while you can...
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Thanks for the kind wishes, @Benny, @Creasy47, @patb, and @DaltonCraig007. @FoxRox, thanks to you too, but consider: either you're going to die before she does (which I'm sure neither of you wants) -- or you'll have to lose her eventually. Barring the development of some sort of science fictional immortality treatment, of course. With that in mind...just appreciate her while you can...

Very true, but sad just the same.
    Oh dear. My sincere condolences @BeatlesSansEarmuffs
    Thanks for the kind wishes, @Benny, @Creasy47, @patb, and @DaltonCraig007. @FoxRox, thanks to you too, but consider: either you're going to die before she does (which I'm sure neither of you wants) -- or you'll have to lose her eventually. Barring the development of some sort of science fictional immortality treatment, of course. With that in mind...just appreciate her while you can...

Dying doesn’t scare me personally. I’m far sadder thinking about losing someone I care about rather than dying myself. I would hope those closest to me would be quickly at peace with it and not let it hurt too badly. I will definitely appreciate her while I can, as she’s done so much for me and been there many times for me.
    So sorry to hear that @BeatlesSansEarmuffs .
    I lost my mum to cancer years back so I know how you feel.
    Keep your chin up,she will always be there in your heart.