Brosnan's on-screen chemistry

1235»

Comments

• Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    I think Brosnan is a charmer on a level with Moore. In fact I often think if they stuck to the lighter side with Brosnan's films instead of going for the darker stuff it would have worked better. But he works best in GE. Hatcher, Richards and Berry don't do him any favours. He's ok with Yeoh and good with Marceau. But I think he actually shines in scenes with Coltrane and Dench especially.
  • edited June 2016 Posts: 11,425
    I like to be consistent @4EverBonded!

Glad you were not disappointed.

Given the lack of real news on the next movie I thought a spot of judicious constructive criticism of Brosnan was in order.

As I am sure you know, I like Pierce - just not as Bond.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited June 2016 Posts: 23,883
    He had good chemistry with all of them in my opinion, except strangely, with Marceau. I didn't quite feel it there, which is strange given she was supposed to be his Vesper of sorts. It seemed forced. His overacting in many scenes messed it up for me.

I didn't quite feel the Paris connection either.

Interesting, as both of these women were supposed to have had a major impact on his Bond. I think he was better when playing it 'light' with the ladies.

Oh, and Richards and he fell flat too, but that was probably more on account of her woodenness.
    So Marceau, Richards and Hatcher fell flat, but otherwise a success?

I take it you are a fan of the celebrated Brosnan-Berry match up then...?
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Getafix wrote: »
    So Marceau, Richards and Hatcher fell flat, but otherwise a success?

I take it you are a fan of the celebrated Brosnan-Berry match up then...?
    Strangely, yes. I think he played off Berry nicely. The dialogue was cringe worthy, but I think they fit nicely with each other. Scorupco was the best, but that was on account of her (who the hell wouldn't have chemistry with her for pete's sake?). Yeoh and Brosnan had more of a workmanlike relationship, but it seemed to work for the film which didn't really play up the romance angle between them.