Producer says Daniel Craig's tenure may end when it peaks

1101112131416»

Comments

• SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Jason19 wrote:
    Germanlady - do you really think that people who have grown up with James Bond and the like(The Man From Uncle, Mission Impossible etc.) over the years cannot form a sensible opinion about a series that has run this long? Have you ever 'even' seen Daniel Craig in person? I went to see a play he was in at London's Old Vic three times in 1998- not because of him but because the play also featured Elizabeth McGovern (from Downton Abbey ) and was directed by the legendary Sir Peter Hall. Craig is quite a good actor but he will never be Bond to me, neither will 'silly' Roger Moore or asthmatic Pierce Brosnan (all bad choices for the role).When did you first go to the Cinema to see a Bond film ? - and I mean Cinema not television. By the way are you a 'Lady GaGa' fan as well ?

So you think your opinion is more valid because you have seen the Bond films from the beginning? You should visit the Originals thread to know that most people who have been watching the films from the time they were first released do in fact love Craig as Bond. I have been watching the Bond films all my life, both my mother and my grandfather are life-long Bond fans, even from before the films started being produced. And you know what? They loved Craig from the beginning. I think you can give a valid opinion about the films you have seen, I cannot accept your opinion about those you haven't.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Opinion, folks. Opinion means there's no right or wrong. Let's kiss and make up and proceed on a steady course towards happy interactions. ;-) Thank you!
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Opinion, folks. Opinion means there's no right or wrong. Let's kiss and make up and proceed on a steady course towards happy interactions. ;-) Thank you!

There are opinions based upon observation and critical thinking and then there are opinions based upon bias. If you have an opinion about a movie that you haven't seen yet, your opinion is probably the latter...
    Quantum07 wrote:
    DarthDimi wrote:

There are opinions based upon observation and critical thinking and then there are opinions based upon bias. If you have an opinion about a movie that you haven't seen yet, your opinion is probably the latter...

Not jus probably, but for sure. He doesn't like DC and that's it for him. His good right, but the way he insists of trashing him is childish. And yeah, good man, I saw DC in person a couple of times more recently then you did and yes, I am your age and I saw them all in the theaters from the beginning. And now what? Does this make me superior to those here, wo are much yonger and saw them all as well? Does it really matter, if you see them on the big screen or in your lving room? Does that change the films? No, it doesn't.
    Germanlady wrote:
    Quantum07 wrote:
    DarthDimi wrote:

Not jus probably, but for sure. He doesn't like DC and that's it for him. His good right, but the way he insists of trashing him is childish. And yeah, good man, I saw DC in person a couple of times more recently then you did and yes, I am your age and I saw them all in the theaters from the beginning. And now what? Does this make me superior to those here, wo are much yonger and saw them all as well? Does it really matter, if you see them on the big screen or in your lving room? Does that change the films? No, it doesn't.

Haha, all it takes is to look at your pic to know you have seen him in person.
    Sandy wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:
    Quantum07 wrote:
    DarthDimi wrote:

Yup ;)
    Although truth must be told, it's not his best photo. Might be the mustache :-?
    Sandy wrote:
    Although truth must be told, it's not his best photo. Might be the mustache :-?

Well, he is hardly in it. Was the second effort and he didn't check again. ;)
  • RC7RC7
    Germanlady wrote:
    Sandy wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:
    Quantum07 wrote:
    DarthDimi wrote:

Yup ;)

I think he meant 'in person' in the context of performance. One thing I've learnt on this forum, Craig lovers sure are touchy.
    I have seen him in A Steady Rain - 3 times - does that count? :D
  • RC7RC7
    Germanlady wrote:

Naturally. I'm not doubting it for a minute.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Germanlady wrote:

I heard he is pinned for the film adaption too. I have no idea what it is about, but I will go and see it if the news is true!
    GermanLady - I had no idea the fellow in the photo was DC himself - I assumed it was some friend of yours. Your loyalty to DC must warm the cockles of his heart - and his bank account. My point was that DC is a jobbing actor like many others and there are many stars in the acting world - I have seen many theatrical Knights of stage and Screen and several theatrical Dames of stage and screen ( including Dame Elizabeth Taylor) some of these had great style and personal charisma , hence their fame and Royal decoration . Though a reliable and workmanlike performer who gets the job done I feel DC lacks charisma and style, he is like a friendly plumber who comes to fix your kitchen sink. Anyway , congratulations on meeting your Idol.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited January 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Judging by the way he can fill out a suit, Dan has style. I haven't seen a tux look that masterful on the human form since Connery's era.