DC Comics Cinematic Universe (2013 - present)

Comments

They may use telepathy for communicating for the under water sequences in Aquaman, it would make sense as it eliminates a few potential issues.

I remember seeing a quote from James Wan a while back saying he actually wanted to have spoken dialogue underwater. In the quote, he went into more detail about what he envisions. I'll see if I can find it.

Edit:

Here it is:
    "I love the idea of underwater speaking but with a real sort of sonic, aquatic quality to it. So there's this sort of aquatic, almost sonar/whale thing. Even though it's in a human language, there's this slight sort of underlay to it, this ping to it, which I think would be interesting for us to design from a sound design perspective. Yeah, it will be fun. Also, Zack has some ideas that he'll be doing in Justice League."

Thanks for that not read that previously, Wan makes it sound good like a sonar conduit in which the sound will travel it could be cool.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    They may use telepathy for communicating for the under water sequences in Aquaman, it would make sense as it eliminates a few potential issues.

I remember seeing a quote from James Wan a while back saying he actually wanted to have spoken dialogue underwater. In the quote, he went into more detail about what he envisions. I'll see if I can find it.

Edit:

Here it is:
    "I love the idea of underwater speaking but with a real sort of sonic, aquatic quality to it. So there's this sort of aquatic, almost sonar/whale thing. Even though it's in a human language, there's this slight sort of underlay to it, this ping to it, which I think would be interesting for us to design from a sound design perspective. Yeah, it will be fun. Also, Zack has some ideas that he'll be doing in Justice League."

Thanks for that not read that previously, Wan makes it sound good like a sonar conduit in which the sound will travel it could be cool.

It's an interesting idea. I'm curious if they'll stick with it. It could be really cool sounding, or really distracting.
    Seems the final Wonder Woman trailer will drop sometime next week. Do you think we'll get a glimpse of Ares?
    Seems the final Wonder Woman trailer will drop sometime next week. Do you think we'll get a glimpse of Ares?

Possibly get a tease of Ares though I'll avoid the trailer, I only really watch the first trailer of new films if I can help it as subsequent trailers show way too much.

Here's how that Aquaman footage was shot:

LZ1XwWD.jpg
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    These movies could seriously use some practical effects.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Zack Snyder used to know what those were.
  • edited March 2017 Posts: 6,432
    http://collider.com/the-batman-start-date/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=collidersocial#joe-manganiello-deathstroke

JM: Last year, I said May and that was my understanding. It depends. They have big plans for this movie. Whether or not we start exactly on that date or in June, whatever it is, it doesn’t matter. Here’s the thing: The creative process needs to be respected and no one involved in this film wants to make anything less than an unbelievable film, a legendary film. The movie will start shooting whenever those pieces are in place and we know this is gonna be something that we’re proud of. What we’re not gonna do is be backed into a start date, scrambling to get something off the ground just to get it off the ground. Everyone involved wants to make this the best film possible, so that’s really what it’s about. It’s funny how the media likes to run with, “Oh there’s trouble!” “Oh, the script needs to be revised!” They’re drama queens. There’s a creative process, and everyone on the cast and crew wants to make this the best movie possible. So that’s what we’re gonna do. When we start shooting it, we’ll start shooting it. It will be soon, I can say that. Here’s the thing: No one wants to create that superhero movie that’s polarizing to fans and critics. Rest assured, we’re gonna do this thing right.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I'd love to see Manganiello get stuck inside a room with Campea for an hour.

"What you been saying about my movie, John?"
    Ha ha @Brady I thought it was ironic Collider were running this story
    edited March 2017 Posts: 1,257
    "What we’re not gonna do is be backed into a start date, scrambling to get something off the ground just to get it off the ground."

That's all I want to hear. It'll happen when they're ready.

Keep in mind this film's director isn't even available right now. Matt Reeves is still working on War for the Planet of the Apes.
    At the moment the Batman team should just be focused on making the vision of the film fit with what interests Reeves and the main players. Once they have a good idea, they're golden, but it will help them that they still have some thinking time while Reeves is finishing up his latest project.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    http://collider.com/the-batman-start-date/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=collidersocial#joe-manganiello-deathstroke

JM: Last year, I said May and that was my understanding. It depends. They have big plans for this movie. Whether or not we start exactly on that date or in June, whatever it is, it doesn’t matter. Here’s the thing: The creative process needs to be respected and no one involved in this film wants to make anything less than an unbelievable film, a legendary film. The movie will start shooting whenever those pieces are in place and we know this is gonna be something that we’re proud of. What we’re not gonna do is be backed into a start date, scrambling to get something off the ground just to get it off the ground. Everyone involved wants to make this the best film possible, so that’s really what it’s about. It’s funny how the media likes to run with, “Oh there’s trouble!” “Oh, the script needs to be revised!” They’re drama queens. There’s a creative process, and everyone on the cast and crew wants to make this the best movie possible. So that’s what we’re gonna do. When we start shooting it, we’ll start shooting it. It will be soon, I can say that. Here’s the thing: No one wants to create that superhero movie that’s polarizing to fans and critics. Rest assured, we’re gonna do this thing right.

Sounds reasonable. Wait until they are ready.

And drama queens is exactly right.
    To be fair to him, Campea is more of a drama princess. Or is that worse?
    Co6nfubW8AAXlN0.jpg

:))
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    C6lJyh-V0AA80Dh.jpg

C6lJyAMV4AAcoVr.jpg
    Having just "Wonder," is a great tagline, with a nice double meaning. These posters have been gorgeous.
    edited March 2017 Posts: 1,257
    So the new trailer is dropping sometime tomorrow. Here's the teaser:

https://mobile.twitter.com/WonderWomanFilm/status/840313963699101696

Edit:

Heres a second teaser:

I love Gal Gadot
    I love Gal Gadot

@fire_and_ice, no wonder why. Do you-do you see what I did there?
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Lay off the drugs, Brady.
    I love Gal Gadot

Indeed Gal is some WOMAN

I'm clean. Just "high on life," as the kids say. I totally haven't snorted any white powders recently. None.

*sniff* *sniff*
    I love Gal Gadot

Indeed Gal is some WOMAN

Yes, she is a WOMAN. A WONDERful one, you could say.

I'm on a roll here, guys.

I'm clean. Just "high on life," as the kids say. I totally haven't snorted any white powders recently. None.

*sniff* *sniff*
    I love Gal Gadot

Indeed Gal is some WOMAN

Yes, she is a WOMAN. A WONDERful one, you could say.

I'm on a roll here, guys.

I DC what you mean Gal has Power, Grace, Wisdom and Wonder.

Good, no big spoilers, no big reveals.
    I thought that regarding WW trailer, I broke my rule by watching it though gives nothing away thankfully.
    I have summed the wisdom of Athena to avoid watching the newest trailer.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited March 2017 Posts: 15,690
    Even if this 'Wonder Woman' film is a mess (and I'm hopeful it won't be), the action scenes in this one are by far the best I've seen in this current DC universe. Whatever quality the film will have, Gal Gadot will surely kick a lot of ass.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

Great trailer. Wasn't gonna watch it but couldn't resist - thankfully no spoilers! Some beautiful visuals and Gal looks to be on fine, twinkly eyed form.