The MI6 Premier League 2012/13

Comments

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Can't believe that result. We've played them off the park. They havent created a single chance in the whole game.

Brendan has to shoulder the blame though as although we've played well it's his insistence that old school defenders like Skrtel try and knock it around instead of lumping it that's ultimately cost us.

At least some green shoots of recovery though.

Is it just me or does that Borini look woeful? If he's worth 10m then I think we stitched Ashley up and got Carroll on the cheap!
  • Fair play to Swansea yesterday. We were pretty poor, especially in the 1st half, I wanted to kill Collins. There's no point getting back into the prem if we're going to play like this.
  • Not at all, where in my post does it point to that? I have just been factual. Correct me if I'm wrong but Liverpool have only won one trophy in the last six years. To me that makes them average.

Well perhaps you should base your opinion on a proper definition of words. Average is defined thus 'a quantity, rating, or the like that represents or approximates an arithmetic mean'. In laymens terms the middle.

Now given there are 92 league clubs in this country (I'll even let you off all the rest which are numerous) and that over the last 6 years only 6 of those clubs have won a trophy I would contend that we are nowhere near average. Most of the teams in this country can only dream of winning one trophy ion 6 years (including 75% of the Premier League.

Average is actually somewhere around the top of League 1 - the Swindons, Doncasters and Tranmeres of the world.

What that record is is average for Liverpool - a club used to winning a trophy every season but it is not average for the vast majority of football clubs.

If we are average what does that make Wengers shower?
    It's not sour grapes or envy, it's me having an opinion based on facts.

Just a tip but try and actually base you opinion on facts in future otherwise its just your opinion and you are left without a leg to stand on.

Wow, someone has too much time on the hands. Thanks for your post though, highly amusing. Average as a word can and has been used by me to describe in my opinion what I believe Liverpool have been of recent times. Thanks for pointing out the 92 clubs however I was referring to Liverpool as being average as a top team, i.e. one of the big boys, those that actually challenge to win the trophies. I hadn't pusumed people thought I would be comparing them against lower league clubs. But to satisfy your point, Liverpool are certainly above average compared to Plymouth Argyle. My opinion is based on fact. I stated this was because of only one trophy in six years -that is a fact. I'm not trying to attack Liverpool here, I respect them and their history but my point is about their record of recent times.
  • who r ya? who r ya? who r ya?
    Average as a word can and has been used by me to describe in my opinion what I believe Liverpool have been of recent times. Thanks for pointing out the 92 clubs however I was referring to Liverpool as being average as a top team, i.e. one of the big boys, those that actually challenge to win the trophies. I hadn't pusumed people thought I would be comparing them against lower league clubs. But to satisfy your point, Liverpool are certainly above average compared to Plymouth Argyle. My opinion is based on fact. I stated this was because of only one trophy in six years -that is a fact. I'm not trying to attack Liverpool here, I respect them and their history but my point is about their record of recent times.

Well even by your 'big four' criteria (although I'm assuming youre also counting Man City as part of a 'big five') you cant get it right.

Not in the Champions League for years and our title challenge always over before Halloween? By 'big club' standards thats not average mate its utter shite.

The only way you can say we are average is if you are only counting us in that group of midtable teams you could call 'final Champions League place hopefuls- Arsenal, Spurs, Everton etc. In that company we are sort of average I suppose - not the worst but not the best.

And also please dont keep stating youre only offering your opinion only to then contradict yourself and state its a fact. The only fact in your argument is that we've only won one trophy since the 06 FA cup. The rest is just opinion.
    I'm in awe with Chelsea's results and the way of playing :)

Liverpool were unlucky not to win today.Made some stupid mistakes aaaaaaand it was gone
    edited August 2012 Posts: 1,575
    001 wrote:
    I think they will wake up against man city.

Youre hoping for a lot there mate. On the wrong end of a 6-0 would certainly be 'interesting' for Brendan.

Told you wiz. You weren't predicting man city to beat us 6-0 were you?
  • Average as a word can and has been used by me to describe in my opinion what I believe Liverpool have been of recent times. Thanks for pointing out the 92 clubs however I was referring to Liverpool as being average as a top team, i.e. one of the big boys, those that actually challenge to win the trophies. I hadn't pusumed people thought I would be comparing them against lower league clubs. But to satisfy your point, Liverpool are certainly above average compared to Plymouth Argyle. My opinion is based on fact. I stated this was because of only one trophy in six years -that is a fact. I'm not trying to attack Liverpool here, I respect them and their history but my point is about their record of recent times.

Well even by your 'big four' criteria (although I'm assuming youre also counting Man City as part of a 'big five') you cant get it right.

Not in the Champions League for years and our title challenge always over before Halloween? By 'big club' standards thats not average mate its utter shite.

The only way you can say we are average is if you are only counting us in that group of midtable teams you could call 'final Champions League place hopefuls- Arsenal, Spurs, Everton etc. In that company we are sort of average I suppose - not the worst but not the best.

And also please dont keep stating youre only offering your opinion only to then contradict yourself and state its a fact. The only fact in your argument is that we've only won one trophy since the 06 FA cup. The rest is just opinion.

I stand corrected. As big boys, you're not average, your utter shite.
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 469
    Fair play to Swansea yesterday. We were pretty poor, especially in the 1st half, I wanted to kill Collins. There's no point getting back into the prem if we're going to play like this.

Glad someone who supports West Ham said the right thing, do not know what game Big Sam was watching at the press conference after BUT I do not think it was the Swans.
    And to complain about the heat and the way we keep the ball

edited August 2012 Posts: 9,117

I stand corrected. As big boys, you're not average, your utter shite.

Finally!

Although at least we're not quite so much a laughing stock as Arsenal. Will they ever learn that to challenge you need to do more than flog your best player and replace him with the top scorer from France? Chamakh, Gervinho, Giroud - when will Wenger realise that the days of France turning out quality players is about 10 years past its sell by date?
    And with the gate money they are raking in and the paltry wages they pay they must be able to afford Messi if they would only spend the money. Theres even a bloke at Arsenal with as much money as Roman but they wont let him on the board FFS!

Daniel Levy will be the same. You can bet that the 33m theyve just got for Modric (way over priced by the way) wont be spent on the world class striker that they are crying out for. Look at Fergie - hes got Rooney, Hernandez and Wellbeck (not to mention Berbatov warming his arse) but he goes out and just spends big on a 29 year old because he wants quality. Levy will try and play hardball to save 2 or 3 million if he can and probably wind up with the likes of Bentdner because hes more obsessed on screwing a bit of extra cash out of the other chairman than he is getting someone in with proven quality that may cost a little bit more.

At least the Liverpool board arent scared to give the boss some money. OK its been spent apallingly but at least we're not scared to try and get ourseleves up there and challenging unlike other clubs who are content with 4th every season.

Thats the difference between a big club and a team that is just pretending to be a big club. Chelsea, City, Utd and us are all not scared to spend what cash they have but Spurs and Arsenal would rather hoard it in the bank than come anywhere near winning a trophy.
    largo2 wrote:
    Fair play to Swansea yesterday. We were pretty poor, especially in the 1st half, I wanted to kill Collins. There's no point getting back into the prem if we're going to play like this.

Glad someone who supports West Ham said the right thing, do not know what game Big Sam was watching at the press conference after BUT I do not think it was the Swans.

Big Sam has never looked more like Mike Bassett than yesterday slumped in his seat and getting passed off the park without a clue of how to combat it. England manager Jesus Christ - thank God we got Steve Mclaren.
  • it should be 'you're not your'.

And 'shite should be shurprisingly good'
  • it should be 'you're not your'.

Ha ha, 'shurprisingly'

'Shurprisingly good'?

Well it was better than I thought it would be but lets not get carried away with a point as that was the worst I've seen City play for about 18 months and how many saves did Hart have to make precisely? We weren't exactly peppering the goal were we?

That Borini is so poor. Can we sell him again before the window closes? Might get 5m for him from some mugs like Villa. By the time the next window opens he'll be as worthless as Aquilani was.

Signs of optimism though, Joe Allen was tidy and the emergence of Sterling hopefully means Downing will never play for us again, but we are still a pretty mediocre side.

'Shite' was originally referring to our record over the last few years which is an accurate summary. If you think finishing 6th and 8th is 'shurprisingly good' for LFC then you have obviously been shlurping shomething pretty strong. But in terms of being big boys and challenging the word still stands as City, Chelsea and the scum are light years ahead of us.
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 12,837
    largo2 wrote:

No prob, I'm not above admitting when my team performs craply.

I still think Sam is an improvement over Grant and he did get us back up, but he comes across as a dickhead alot of the time and never admits when he's wrong.
  • Bring on those Gooners....this one is for you you overrated poofs:

Liverpool should sign llorente, good striker.
    001 wrote:
    Liverpool should sign llorente, good striker.

Well they should sign someone since theyve just sold one of their few options up front and the first team only just scraped past a jock team in the 89th minute tonight.

In Brendan we trust? Not convinced. Hes going to look a bit of a fool if Carroll bags 20 goals whilst Borini will be lucky if he gets to half a dozen.
    edited August 2012 Posts: 1,575
    Carroll had his chances and has to go. Not suited to liverpools style of play.
    35 million,what a joke.
    Adam gone ,another dud.
    Pepe reina can't stop a shot on goal,he didn't make a save at all last year.
    Clint Dempsey i think we will get.Maybe Walcott
    llorente and huntelaar would be great.

• 001 wrote:
    Carroll had his chances and has to go. Not suited to liverpools style of play.
    35 million,what a joke.
    Adam gone ,another dud.
    Pepe reina can't stop a shot on goal,he didn't make a save at all last year.
    Clint Dempsey i think we will get.Maybe Walcott
    llorente and huntelaar would be great.

No no we're going in for an old player...have a guess who? Aaaaaaaaaaah!

happy with the deadline deals both in and out - hoping for 3 points tomorrow should give Laudrup manager of the month
    So it's official we are a midtable selling club.

What a f**king joke. The best we can hope for now is bringing Michael Owen in!
  • Ramirez - great signing for the Saints!!!
  • So it's official we are a midtable selling club.

What a f**king joke. The best we can hope for now is bringing Michael Owen in!

Dempsey turned us down....where's Sturridge? Where's the striker? Where's the winger? Where's the will to do everything in our power to be winners? Season has gone from bad to dead.
    edited September 2012 Posts: 1,575
    If suarez gets injured who's going to get the goals?
    Dempsey and Lloris should have been signed by us. Pepe is hopeless.
    Henderson 25 million pound dud.
    Downing 20 million pound dud.
    King Kenny signed mostly duds that's why he got sacked.

• West Ham 3 Fulham 0 so far.

How stupid does Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrendan look now? AC walks into a team and transforms them completely.

Twat.

• Well we did a million times better than last week that's for sure. Nolan was on top form.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 2,782
    Come on you reds stuff those southern poofs.

Scrappy game so far, unlike Bond, no penetration as yet.

Just can't believe we let AC go and not bring in competition and cover for Suarez. Crazy from the Reds' strategy team, crazy.

Sack the idiot now sack him sack him sack him. It's a disgrace. Sack him and the board.
    My brother and best mate are Liverpool fans. They are dismayed as you guys as to whats going on at Anfield? As for me being a Canary? Very pleased with the point at White Hart Lane! Just need to secure our first win and then i will be happy!
  • RC7RC7
    All quiet on the western front.
    What a f**king disgrace. We had a better squad under Hicks and Gillette than JW Venky and chums.

We're a Suarez injury away from going down here. Meanwhile Big Andy unplayable yesterday. Is our board trying to write a book on how not to do business in football?

Even my mate who supports Utd has gone beyond ripping the piss now and is just offering bemused pity. We are a club who really should book a trip to Dignitas ASAP so our kids can remember us when we were healthy and full of life rather than being forced to witness this long drawn out and painful demise.

We are the DAD of the premier league - Bereft of quality in all departments, a laughing stock and rock bottom of the pile.