The MI6 Premier League 2012/13

St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
edited July 2012 in General Discussion Posts: 1,699
soccer13.gif soccer16.gif soccer13.gif soccer16.gif soccer13.gif soccer16.gif soccer13.gif

Well, believe it or not, like it or loathe it, the football season is almost upon us once more (well, sort of), in which case - and to get this sorted out before it becomes a last-minute rush job - I've set up the new Premier League fantasy league for MI6 Community.

Merely go to www.fantasy.premierleague.com; join (or re-join the website); set up your team and choose your players etc.

Then click on the option 'Leagues' near the top of the home page; click on 'Join a league'; select 'Private League'; click 'Next'; enter 464682-121353 as the 'Private League code' and click 'Join Private League'.

And then just wait until Saturday 18 August, of course...! :)

Comments

• Thanks dude, i'll be checking in tomoz. I want Agger, Stevie G, Hart and Skirtel.
    Another Soccer thread ?

Liverpool were in Town at the weekend in a game with Tottenhams Hotspur, they are both on a North American Tour. It finished in a no score result, quite a few supporters out and about, but I didn't watch, played at the M & T Bank. Not interested in soccer. We go to see the Ravens but wouldn't attend for anything like this. Tottenhams play New York Red Bulls next, they have that great French Player Henry, he was with Arsenal before. Good player
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    You can count me in :) cheers
    I'll probably join up but i will almost defiantly give up by Christmas.
  • Yeah, I'll have a bash at that, will be interested to see if @DCisared will go with his heart and stick a load of Liverpool players in or will he go with his head and try not to finish 8th..... (Sorry, couldn't resist :)>- )
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Yeah, I'll have a bash at that, will be interested to see if @DCisared will go with his heart and stick a load of Liverpool players in or will he go with his head and try not to finish 8th..... (Sorry, couldn't resist :)>- )

Haha kudos for making me lol , I am going to try and take my ego out of the situation, after last season i am looking for my quantum of solace :D
    Im ready for another season in the premiership ! bring it on. #:-S
    Well done george.
    I'll probably give it a shot. Sounds like fun.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    edited August 2012 Posts: 2,629
    I've joined and will aim for glory like the US Women's team.

But will probably perform like the US Men's team.

Edit: The US won for the first time in Mexico last night. There's hope for me yet.
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    Just a head's up, peeps... it may not be the Olympics (indeed, it most certainly won't be as glorious and life-affirming as that), but it could well be fun and kicks-off now in less than 48 hours, so get your teams registered and entered, won't you...? :)
    I would've joined but I'm part of max leagues :(
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    I'm in.

Sorry DCisaRed just couldnt see any value in any of our players. The way Brendan sets them up to play from the back means mistakes are something to be expected so clean sheets few and far between.

Up front and Luis is not prolific enough for the money they want for him and Borini a total punt in the dark which for the 8m that theyre asking is not something I'm preapred to risk.

In the middle Joe Allen the closest to getting in as hes cheap and the way Brendan goes on about him he'll definitely get games. Stevie is sadly on the decline and again I'm not prepared to pay what they think hes worth.

However I draw the moral line at picking scum players and John Terry.

• St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    edited August 2012 Posts: 1,699
    I too have drawn the line at picking Terry this season - and, as ever, Arsenal players (unless it's Walcott or Wilshere perhaps)...

AxsEoDqCMAAnYu8.jpg

article-1337598870328-133580A0000005DC-279097_522x350.jpg

article-1337598964998-133580B8000005DC-820034_412x328.jpg

article-1337599150561-133580FE000005DC-758660_568x297.jpg
  • eatmyfish....that's right eatmyfish ooh ah ooh ah eatmyfish!!!!
    As it stands look like
    I'm in.

Sorry DCisaRed just couldnt see any value in any of our players. The way Brendan sets them up to play from the back means mistakes are something to be expected so clean sheets few and far between.

Up front and Luis is not prolific enough for the money they want for him and Borini a total punt in the dark which for the 8m that theyre asking is not something I'm preapred to risk.

In the middle Joe Allen the closest to getting in as hes cheap and the way Brendan goes on about him he'll definitely get games. Stevie is sadly on the decline and again I'm not prepared to pay what they think hes worth.

However I draw the moral line at picking scum players and John Terry.

It will take Brenden aittle time but IF given time he will do well, just need players who can play football not hoofball. Joe will do well, to see him play over the years and work his way through the ranks from a 9 year old to who ishe is today, I think he is a future captain of Liverpool and Wales. But just remember he will be a little sluggish due to the gb games in the summer.
    Good luck to you this season, but as long as we finish above you, I feel we will be vindicated.

• I'm in and hope to have the time to take it more seriously this season. Being it on!!
  • eatmyfish not doing too well at the mo...come on u reds
    come on the Super Swans MICHUUUUUUUUUU
    Swansea o_O
    Liverpool o_O
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 469
    unhappy to see my second best team in the premiership loose today (swansea reserves oops mean Liverpool) Well done to my welsh boys joint top of the league with Fulham =))
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 2,782
    Sack that daft idiot and those know-nothing yanks - bring back King Kenny.
    I have faith in the guy.
    It was only the first game of the season so we'll get better.
    Brendon needs time and players that can pass the ball. He will get you boys there, but it will not happen over night. The team he inherited at Swansea were playing that way before he got there. Pascoe will teach them a thing or two in training. Or you could always tap up a few more of our players :-q
  • No faith at all. We are Liverpool and we don't loose 3-0. That's the law. How embarrassing. I see another quick hodgson era. Big money move for the special one end of the season. Rodgers cards are marked already. Liverpool do not loose like this on the first game of the season. It's wrong.
    No faith at all. We are Liverpool and we don't loose 3-0. That's the law. How embarrassing. I see another quick hodgson era. Big money move for the special one end of the season. Rodgers cards are marked already. Liverpool do not loose like this on the first game of the season. It's wrong.

Of course it's wrong but i'll watch a few more games before judging him.
    Don't forget man u lost 6-1 and arsenal lost 8-1 last year (not exactly sure if the scores are correct).

Arsenal fans want wenger out (for selling his best players) and man u fans want fergie out after being bundled out of the cl and europa l last year.

• 001 wrote:
    No faith at all. We are Liverpool and we don't loose 3-0. That's the law. How embarrassing. I see another quick hodgson era. Big money move for the special one end of the season. Rodgers cards are marked already. Liverpool do not loose like this on the first game of the season. It's wrong.

Of course it's wrong but i'll watch a few more games before judging him.
    Don't forget man u lost 6-1 and arsenal lost 8-1 last year (not exactly sure if the scores are correct).

Arsenal fans want wenger out (for selling his best players) and man u fans want fergie out after being bundled out of the cl and europa l last year.

Arsenal and that other horrible team are not our issue. Liverpool played without any heart...or ambition.

I'm sure I'm just hurt by the result...we sacked a Legend a proper football Legend, a real winner for 3-0 away loss to West Brom. It's disgusting.

Hope he makes me eat my words come Christmas.

They probably sacked kenny for spending 35million on carroll and 20-25 million on henderson.
    Nice game for Chelsea today :).Thank god we scored early otherwise Wigan might've done some problems
  • dragonsky wrote:
    Nice game for Chelsea today :).Thank god we scored early otherwise Wigan might've done some problems

Yes the ladies league is getting the boost it needed from the Olympics. Well done the blues - dragonsky your girls are doing you proud

dragonsky wrote:

Yes the ladies league is getting the boost it needed from the Olympics. Well done the blues - dragonsky your girls are doing you proud

haha :D