The 1st Annual MI6 Community Awards Final Voting For *Biggest Brosnan Fan*

0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
edited July 2012 in General Discussion Posts: 28,694

Comments

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    From what I've seen of his posts, @00Beast gets my vote.
  • I'm voting for the most well rounded Bond fan and the most reasonable thinking nominee, that awesome dude Creasy47. Bain123 is my second choice, also a great and reasonable fan. I'm not sure about some of the other candidates, but some here are definitely too OTT in their Brosnan fandom and exceed good reason to vote for them. Where's the poll?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I'm voting for the most well rounded Bond fan and the most reasonable thinking nominee, that awesome dude Creasy47. Bain123 is my second choice, also a great and reasonable fan. I'm not sure about some of the other candidates, but some here are definitely too OTT in their Brosnan fandom and exceed good reason to vote for them. Where's the poll?

That seems to me to be a great reason to vote for them.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Is it possible to vote in ourselves?
    If not, i vote on @Creasy47. One of the most memorable Brozza fans here.
  • I'm voting for the most well rounded Bond fan and the most reasonable thinking nominee, that awesome dude Creasy47. Bain123 is my second choice, also a great and reasonable fan. I'm not sure about some of the other candidates, but some here are definitely too OTT in their Brosnan fandom and exceed good reason to vote for them. Where's the poll?

Or maybe just to vote for a fellow teenager the way they banded behind you? Sorry to say, I'm sure you didn't encourage or plan for that, but that's what I see. Like with the Connery poll. I'll never dispute that you are a great fan of Connery Bond, but better than me who's been his fan for 40+ years because mostly teenagers voted for you? Sorry, I don't think so.

I don't say that people can't have their opinions, of course they can. So the above is mine. Just like I feel about certain Brosnan fans aping certain Moore fans in supporting their fantasy world ideas over reality. I'm going to vote for a Brosnan fan who exhibits common sense and maturity, and that's what I see from the likes of Creasy and Bain.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I'm voting for the most well rounded Bond fan and the most reasonable thinking nominee, that awesome dude Creasy47. Bain123 is my second choice, also a great and reasonable fan. I'm not sure about some of the other candidates, but some here are definitely too OTT in their Brosnan fandom and exceed good reason to vote for them. Where's the poll?

Or maybe just to vote for a fellow teenager the way they banded behind you? Sorry to say, I'm sure you didn't encourage or plan for that, but that's what I see. Like with the Connery poll. I'll never dispute that you are a great fan of Connery Bond, but better than me who's been his fan for 40+ years because mostly teenagers voted for you? Sorry, I don't think so.

I don't say that people can't have their opinions, of course they can. So the above is mine. Just like I feel about certain Brosnan fans aping certain Moore fans in supporting their fantasy world ideas over reality. I'm going to vote for a Brosnan fan who exhibits common sense and maturity, and that's what I see from the likes of Creasy and Bain.

Age has absolutely nothing to do with it, and if you know me at all you will realize that it is of no matter to me if I win something or lose something. At the end of the day this thing is just for fun, and gets everyone together where we all become more knowledgeable about each other over the course of voting. Just because I am a young adult and yourself a seasoned fan doesn't mean you are the bigger fan, if there is such a thing. Fandom and love for something is not based on how long you have been a fan, but how fervent you are with you adoration to something. In addition, being completely head over heels to an astronomical level to something doesn't mean you don't deserve a title any less than others, or that you are immature and lack common sense. I have that love for Sherlock Holmes and Batman to the extreme, yet I have amazing common sense and am very mature. That all doesn't even factor in here. Like I have said, it isn't my fault people vote the way they vote, and It doesn't matter to me if I win something like this or not because at the end of the day I know that I am a huge fan, and that's enough. I don't care if anyone else knows it, just that I do and continue to enjoy being such a fan.
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 3,494
    I guess we'll have to agree to disagree then, except that I do grant you are much more mature than most teens here and have given you credit for that. That's why I talk to you at all, you've got enough on the ball that's it's worth my time to disagree with you and hear your counterpoint.
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 12,837
    I always thought MrBond and Bain were more Craig fans than Brosnan fans. Anyway, all of these are great nominees, it's tougher than I thought it would be, let me think about it.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I'm going to vote for @00Beast.
    Ok, it was very, very tough, but I'll vote for @00Beast. Sonic and Creasy also have to get alot of praise for their Brosnan love though.
    Like with the Connery poll. I'll never dispute that you are a great fan of Connery Bond, but better than me who's been his fan for 40+ years because mostly teenagers voted for you? Sorry, I don't think so.

Sorry, I know it's your opinion, but I have to say I don't think being a fan of something for longer makes you a better fan (not saying you're not a massive Connery fan btw, I think you and Brady are about equal).
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Ok, it was very, very tough, but I'll vote for @00Beast. Sonic and Creasy also have to get alot of praise for their Brosnan love though.

Thanks. :)
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    Definitely 00Beast. Any fan who considers the '90s the "golden age" of Bond has earned the title IMHO.

Can we get a poll added to this one, please?
    I would of given the vote to Creasy47 myself
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited July 2012 Posts: 13,350
    @Creasy47 is vote for this round. A well deserving winner to, if that should come to pass.
    Creasy47
  • Definitely 00Beast. Any fan who considers the '90s the "golden age" of Bond has earned the title IMHO.

Not that he's not entitled to his opinion mind you, but that sort of patently absurd statement is exactly what disqualifies him from my vote =))
    Definitely 00Beast. Any fan who considers the '90s the "golden age" of Bond has earned the title IMHO.

Not that he's not entitled to his opinion mind you, but that sort of patently absurd statement is exactly what disqualifies him from my vote =))

Alright, enough with the teasing and worthless commentary. Vote, then excuse yourself. It's simple.

I don't understand. He thinks Brosnan films were the golden age, therefore he's a big Brosnan fan. I see that as a reason to vote for him instead of a reason to not vote for him.
  • Definitely 00Beast. Any fan who considers the '90s the "golden age" of Bond has earned the title IMHO.

Alright, enough with the teasing and worthless commentary. Vote, then excuse yourself. It's simple.

Well then, I don't see any reason to be rude and get your panties in a bunch. I haven't said anything I didn't say earlier or been any less consistent in my views than I always have. It's a FORUM, remember?

You of all people should know that the "golden age of Bond" is the Connery age. Almost everyone says so and I happen to agree, which is exactly why I said what I did. There's plenty of merit in my statements. You of all people should be agreeing with me on this one Mr. Best Connery Fan.

P.S- You're going to lose a pissing contest with me if that's your idea. I have guyones the size of grapefruits and need a wheelbarrow to go long distances =))

I don't understand. He thinks Brosnan films were the golden age, therefore he's a big Brosnan fan. I see that as a reason to vote for him instead of a reason to not vote for him.

Thanks @0Brady and @thelivingroyale, nice to see some support!
    Is it humor hour?

what's going on here....

Well then, I don't see any reason to be rude and get your panties in a bunch. I haven't said anything I didn't say earlier or been any less consistent in my views than I always have. It's a FORUM, remember?

You of all people should know that the "golden age of Bond" is the Connery age. Almost everyone says so and I happen to agree, which is exactly why I said what I did. There's plenty of merit in my statements. You of all people should be agreeing with me on this one Mr. Best Connery Fan.

P.S- You're going to lose a pissing contest with me if that's your idea. I have guyones the size of grapefruits and need a wheelbarrow to go long distances =))
    Don't be derogatory. Like I said, this is all for fun. Subtract vanity from the equation. In my opinion the 60s are the golden age, but not everyone on here agrees. There is equal support for other eras, be it Moore, Dalton, or Craig in addition to the already discussed. Nobody is any more correct than the others, as it is their preference. I may disagree, but at the end of the day there isn't a thing I can do about it, so why dally on it? For an older gentlemen you are really starting to show a real lack of respect around here.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Please gentlemen, let's remain civil.

Somebody's having a bad day.

@00Beast no problem mate.

@X3MSonicX Your welcome. It was a really tough choice.
  • edited November 2017 Posts: 236
    edited July 2012 Posts: 2,635

Sure it is, my friend. We can't just vote anyone. We need to think about it. that's what all of us are doing. :)
    @00Beast gets my vote. He always seems to put up an intelligent argument on Brosnan's behalf.
    @00Beast gets my vote. He always seems to put up an intelligent argument on Brosnan's behalf.

Given the recent posts above, I appreciate this remark, thank you!
  • Well then, I don't see any reason to be rude and get your panties in a bunch. I haven't said anything I didn't say earlier or been any less consistent in my views than I always have. It's a FORUM, remember?

Well, I suppose I could be having a bad day. Getting closer to 1 year of my wife's passing, I admit I have bad days. Or could it be that I am middle aged and crazy? Or could it be that my kids drive me nuts and I have no support? Sometimes I don't even know who I am.

All that aside, what I do know is that I stood up for my convictions and made my points. Like I have always done and will continue to do. No one has to agree with me on any of them, it may not seem like it but being popular here isn't a lasting concern of mine. I haven't broken any of the allowable parameters, at least recently hahaha. If I get kicked off the Forum, I do, but I won't. If you like and agree with me, fine. If you think I'm a grouchy arsehole, I'm not losing sleep over it. If someone has a beef, they can PM me or contact a mod. No regrets over anything I said. Just calling it as I see it. I have too many other things to worry about in life.

@SirHenryLeeChaChing, i'm sorry about your wife. That's really sad.