007 Legends Fan Arts

13»

Comments

@Murdock: It sure would be a blessing if they did return! They at least knew how to make a terrific multiplayer mode, with the exception of Everything or Nothing, of course- that one is just a flop, although the cooperative mode is a nice touch.
  • You know the story mode wasn't super amazing, there were some good points for sure and I still have a fun online and play nearly everyday and have tons of fun online. So I wouldn't consider the game a complete flop. I never even bothered with EON's multiplayer, was it really that bad? I know From Russia with Love's multiplayer isn't all that great either.
    You know the story mode wasn't super amazing, there were some good points for sure and I still have a fun online and play nearly everyday and have tons of fun online. So I wouldn't consider the game a complete flop. I never even bothered with EON's multiplayer, was it really that bad? I know From Russia with Love's multiplayer isn't all that great either.

FRWL's multiplayer isn't much of a prize- the maps are fairly fun, like the Missile Silo and the Octopus Train Station, but the lack of AI bots, background music, and the whole inhibited feel to it make it only playable for one or two rounds at a time.
  • The biggest problem I found with the FRWL multiplayer is since the game is shooter with automatic aiming it's not all that fun in a challenging way. Singleplayer was great and challenging, but shooting your friends with automatic aim isn't really cool.
    The biggest problem I found with the FRWL multiplayer is since the game is shooter with automatic aiming it's not all that fun in a challenging way. Singleplayer was great and challenging, but shooting your friends with automatic aim isn't really cool.

Yeah, I know precisely what you mean- the singleplayer mode works fine and dandy with the automatic aiming feature, but throw that into multiplayer, and now you've made it entirely too simple. If it had AI bots, sort of like Nightfire or Agent Under Fire, then it would be better suited, but with only your friends to play with, you're right when you say the challenge is gone. I also wasn't too pleased with the characters they had available to play as. Yeah, everyone from FRWL were playable, as well as Dr. No and Goldfinger, but why was that it? Considering the fact that not a whole lot was put into the multiplayer mode, the least they could have offered us were some more characters to choose from.
  • Yes, I think bots should have been a must feature in the Bond games after it was first introduced in TWINE, that was one of the few reasons I actually preferred TWINE to Goldeneye 64.