Who would be your worst (and best) choice for the Skyfall theme song?

124»

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Regardless, this gives me a reason to watch the usually mediocre offerings that SNL spews out. Maybe after this appearance people will get off Dan's arse about lacking so-called comedic talent.
    even get Genesis back together one last time.

I know I laugh at your proclamations about how good England are at football but you surpass yourself here Sir. Literal insanity.
    Ah...What?! Genesis (with Phil Collins) are amazing. A great catalogue of songs.
  • Since SNL isn't on in the UK (or anywhere except America?), maybe they'll announce it before then, but they'll unveil the theme song then.
  • Is this really the choice?? I keep hearing about them doing the theme...
    Someone tell me right.

• SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    @jolearon, I think it's pretty safe to say it's not.
    Im shocked that who ever it is doing the theme hasn't been leaked by anyone yet.Apart from Adele there are no press rumors or anything. Its very different from all the stuff that has been written in the past. Its very quiet.
  • I wouldn't be surprised if it's already been done in all honesty. They're leaving it a bit late and I'm getting suspicious, already an artist has recorded the theme I keep thinking, and it's been done. Already threads open for this but before it gets shut down, will say again, I sincerely hope neither the Adele kid or Bassey get an opportunity to perform this years half century movie release

But once again, have a sneaking suspicion that's it's already been done by someone

(cut and pasted from recent closed thread)
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    I'm quite certain it has already been done @Baltimore_007. I find it surprising that no information has leaked! Other than the Adele rumour we have nothing.

I remember that the first glimpse at AWTD was when the Coca Cola Zero commercial leaked. Does anybody know when the coke will start being sold?
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 3,333
    Well, @Sandy, I've just checked and The James Bond Skyfall Series by Coca-Cola Zero will debut in the UK on October 26th. Now whether the advert will be leaked earlier like QoS is anyone's guess but - like I said before - I think EON are keeping the song under lock and key until 4th October to coincide with James Bond Day.

@Baltimore_007, I think you should be prepared to be dissapointed because everything's pointing to Adele being the chosen one, unless EON have rejected it then we'll be getting an Adele song released at the end of the year anyway, with probably the words Falling Sky or SkyFall in them regardless.
  • Either a strict Non Disclosure Agreement is in force or they've scrapped the song in favour of an instrumental theme. If there's a song I hope the vocal is by Rumer.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Sandy wrote:
    Maybe. I will admit, it would be cool if Dan announced the Bond theme singer live.

And even if they had been announced before (let's face it, SNL is a USA thing, I don't think I ever watched it) it would be quite a publicity stunt for the American audience to have the Bond actor and the Bond these in a popular show! If, and only if Muse were doing it, at the moment it's just speculation I'm afraid.

Well given that 'global' James Bond day is apart from the auction entirely centred on North America and that the EON documentary is only available stateside, I dont think its a massive leap of faith to think that Daniel announcing its Muse and for them to play it live on SNL could easily happen. It certainly seems to tick all EONs boxes for ignoring the rest of the worldwide fan base.
    or they've scrapped the song in favour of an instrumental theme.

This is simply not going to happen. I know the person in charge of marketing hasnt got a clue what hes doing with regards to cashing in on the 50th but even the Venkys wouldnt be insane enough to miss out on the moneymaking possibilities of having a popular artist attached to the film.