What is your favourite Connery film? (Poll)

Comments

FRWL always stood out to me as Connery's best. One of my top 3 favorite Bond films and a top-notch spy thriller.
    Latest Connery rankings:
    1. From Russia with Love
    2. Thunderball
    3. Diamonds Are Forever
    4. Dr. No
    5. You Only Live Twice
    6. Goldfinger
    From Russia With Love for me stands head and shoulders above all the other Connery films for me anyway.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    From Russia with Love is my favorite Sean film for sure.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    <b>FRWL</b>
    DAF
    YOLT
    TB
    GF
    DN

Having stated numerous times over the last few weeks that you think DAF is the best Bond film bar none, any chance of some consistency in your curious opinions Mr DaltonCraig?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    <b>FRWL</b>
    DAF
    YOLT
    TB
    GF
    DN

Having stated numerous times over the last few weeks that you think DAF is the best Bond film bar none, any chance of some consistency in your curious opinions Mr DaltonCraig?

Sorry about that, but since rewatching the Connery films, FRWL has fallen beneath DAF, YOLT and TB... Oh and the best Bond film bar none is TMWTGG !! MR 2nd and DAF 3rd :)>-

Oh and the best Bond film bar none is TMWTGG !! :)>-

Amen to that. MR also used to be my number 2, but that spot has been overtaken by the jewel on Connery´s crown, YOLT.

Amen to that. MR also used to be my number 2, but that spot has been overtaken by the jewel on Connery´s crown, YOLT.

To parahrase Sean in GF 'You're quite mad you know'.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."

Atleast every opinion is covered on MI6Community !

FRWL
    DN
    GF
    TB
    YOLT
    DAF

Pretty difficult to put them in any kind of order of preference? But this is what i eventually went for.

You gotta love those not-trying-to-be-so-serious-all-the-time movies, instead of the trying-to-be-as-serious-and-unbondian-as-possible movies, like CR.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

HAHA that's a good one. That jewel must've been glued on time and time again just to secure it on Sir Sean's head. That jewel has so many scratches it wouldn't make a cent on the market. =))
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

You gotta love those not-trying-to-be-so-serious-all-the-time movies, instead of the trying-to-be-as-serious-and-unbondian-as-possible movies, like CR.
    That's all actually very, very, very, very, very Bondian. It is sad to see how OTT comedic garbage like DAF, MR, so on and so forth have completely brainwashed people.
    HAHA that's a good one. That jewel must've been glued on time and time again just to secure it on Sir Sean's head. That jewel has so many scratches it wouldn't make a cent on the market. =))

Que ? YOLT is a magnificent film ! Epic soundtrack, cinematography, scenery, location... YOLT is simply a testament of the greatness of the 1960's Bond !!
    That's all actually very, very, very, very, very Bondian. It is sad to see how OTT comedic garbage like DAF, MR, so on and so forth have completely brainwashed people.

Actually the sad part is serious melodramatic rubbish like CR that brainwashed people into thinking Bond was meant to be serious... heck, it seems the words in their Fleming books were altered ! The Fleming novels I own are nothing like CR' 06 ! They are much closer to TMWTGG '74 !!
    Well I love OTT. YOLT destroys the other Connery movies IMO. I wish he did more films like that one.
    Well I love OTT. YOLT destroys the other Connery movies IMO. I wish he did more films like that one.

I know. The only Connery films I don't like are GF and DN. YOLT and DAF are masterpieces, TB is awesome and FRWL is very good. So Sir Sean redeems himself.

Que ? YOLT is a magnificent film ! Epic soundtrack, cinematography, scenery, location... YOLT is simply a testament of the greatness of the 1960's Bond !!

Actually the sad part is serious melodramatic rubbish like CR that brainwashed people into thinking Bond was meant to be serious.

I agree with both statements DC007 made. The last one is really spot one. Cut out the drama and add a space laser or something and CR would have been good.

• MrBondMrBond Station S
    My list is

1. Thunderball
    2. From Russia With Love
    3. Dr.No
    4. Goldfinger
    5. You Only Live Twice
    6. Diamonds Are Forever
    Surely the the more important issue is which Connery film features the best performance by a toupe?

Actually the sad part is serious melodramatic rubbish like CR that brainwashed people into thinking Bond was meant to be serious.

I agree with both statements DC007 made. The last one is really spot one. Cut out the drama and add a space laser or something and CR would have been good.

Much as I know these two clowns were put on the earth to wind me up, on this occasion I have to confess I'm in agreement - I love a bit of YOLT. Not in the least bit Bondian but a hell of a lot more fun than plodding TB (which ironically enough is a reasonable adaptation of the novel).

Sean wise I would go

1.FRWL
    2.YOLT
    3.DN
    4.GF
    5.TB
    6.DAF

Generally prefer the truly Bondian films but YOLT is so epic you cant not enjoy it. Is the Wizard in danger of being turned to the DaltonCraig/007RogerMoore dark side?

Much as I know these two clowns were put on the earth to wind me up, on this occasion I have to confess I'm in agreement - I love a bit of YOLT. Not in the least bit Bondian but a hell of a lot more fun than plodding TB (which ironically enough is a reasonable adaptation of the novel).

Sean wise I would go

1.FRWL
    2.YOLT
    3.DN
    4.GF
    5.TB
    6.DAF

Generally prefer the truly Bondian films but YOLT is so epic you cant not enjoy it. Is the Wizard in danger of being turned to the DaltonCraig/007RogerMoore dark side?

If you are a real wizard you would love YOLT, since it´s magic.
    And calling me and DC007 clowns, I started laughing. I take that as a compliment, if you don´t mind. No bad blood from my side, you are a fun wizard to discuss with.
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 1,082
    And I might get my twin brother to join us here, we´re talking about it. Then there will be three "clowns". If he joins, please don´t ban or suspend us because we have the same IP-adress. That happened at CBn.

From my point of view, this is how the Connery Bonds rank when it comes to being Bondian, with most Bondian at the top.

YOLT
    TB
    GF
    DAF
    NSNA
    DN
    FRWL

Close call between TB and GF.
    edited March 2012 Posts: 15,690
    Yep I also take 'clown' as compliment - I try to bring good humour to the forum ! No rudeness meant in any of my posts, just friendly Moore defense :) and you are quite cool @Wizard !!
    edited March 2012 Posts: 9,117
    Glad you take it in the spirit intended chaps - even though you are both completely mad.

And I have to say that Rog dressed as a clown probably ranks in my top 5 scenes in the series so nowt wrong in being a clown!
    Glad you take it in the spirit intended chaps - even though you are both completely mad.

It´s not my fault that I was born with excellent taste in movies. I´m surprised that there are so few people here who have a similar taste.

And Wizard, one day you will wake up and realise that YOLT is by far Connery´s highlight in the Bond series and in his whole career.

It´s not my fault that I was born with excellent taste in movies. I´m surprised that there are so few people here who have a similar taste.

Seeing as most people like that only learned to walk upright yesterday and today are on a quest for fire I think expecting them to operate a computer so soon after crawling out of the primordial soup is asking a bit much.
    You are an evolutionary freak 007RogerMoore to have developed the capacity for speech so quickly.
    Hahaha. I´m not a very serious man, as you might suspect. That might be why those movies sit well with me.
    Anyone else agree with me here that Goldfinger is Connery's worst out of the six? I'll probably be in the vast minority here just like with OHMSS, but I'm going out on a limb. Anyone else think GF isn't that great?
    I don´t think it´s that good but it´s of massive importance for the Bond franchise. Some of the scenese in Kentucky are not very good. The worst scene is when the troopers are gased. GF is not one of the better Bond films IMO, but I hold it in much higher regard than OHMSS.
    [
    Seeing as most people like that only learned to walk upright yesterday and today are on a quest for fire I think expecting them to operate a computer so soon after crawling out of the primordial soup is asking a bit much.
    You are an evolutionary freak 007RogerMoore to have developed the capacity for speech so quickly.

TheWizardofIce is on fire with the insults tonight - its very funny. Its like reading Ian Hislop on speed.