What is your favourite Connery film? (Poll)

AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
edited March 2011 in Bond Movies Posts: 2,630
I think that FRWL or GF is his best. Who do you think is?

Comments

• WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    FRWL
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    TB, the biggest and best Bond film not only for Connery but of them all! B-)

Mods, can we get a poll added to this one, please?

Thanks,

PKK
    FRWL, closely followed by TB. I've got a lot of love for DN, GF and YOLT as well.
    FRWL, with DN coming in a very close second.
  • saunderssaunders Living in a world of avarice and deceit
    FRWL to me just stands out as an exceptional Bond film with fantastic locations, a thrilling plotline, a near perfect cast and Connery actually comfortably playing the role of James Bond as written by Fleming rather than the laid back, wise cracking, cocky, exaggerated version of the rest of his tenure.
    Spaced according to how much less I like it compared to the previous:

1. FRWL

2. DN

3. TB

4. GF

5. YOLT

6. DAF
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    FRWL, of course!

Goldfinger is when the series stars to get campy!
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Quoting PrinceKamalKhan: TB, the biggest and best Bond film not only for Connery but of them all! B-)
    Mods, can we get a poll added to this one, please?
    Same for me, Thunderball is the greatest Bond adventure ever made!
    And poll added ;)
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited March 2011 Posts: 15,690
    FRWL
    DAF
    YOLT
    TB
    GF
    DN
    FRWL very very closely followed by TB - way ahead of the rest of Connery's films.
    GF, then DAF

What can I say? I like the Guy Hamilton direction. It's entertainment! :-bd
  • Goldfinger
    From Russia With Love
    Thunderball
    Dr. No

Diamonds Are Forever

You Only Live Twice
    Thunderball is my favourite Connery Bond. FRWL a close second.
  • bond films - any of his first four.

other films - the man who would be king is a top film.

i only wished he did the matrix and the Lord of the Ring movies - he would have taken
    those movies to another level.
  • edited March 2011 Posts: 4,813
    I hope it's OK that I go into a bit of detail here... :)

*Thunderball- Bond and the Bahamas go together very well! This movie makes me want to run outside and jump into the ocean! Bond is at his coolest in this movie; his BLACK sunglasses, and I love how he infiltrated Largo's bunch armed ONLY with his swimming trunks, lol

*From Russia With Love- This movie's just great- matter of fact, this and TB are extremely close to number one. Young, good-looking Connery has one of the best fights in the whole series with Grant. And when someone says 'classic spy movie' this is the one that comes to mind

*Goldfinger- The first one to have what we now call 'the Bond formula'. This one's full of cool stuff: wetsuit to tuxedo, the Aston Martin with machine guns... almost too much to name! Unfortunately the film does drag in the middle....

*Dr No- Connery at his youngest and fittest- the film itself IS kind of boring though.... I mean it's great, but certainly not my favorite

*Diamonds are Forever- Jill St John is HOT. The movie's actually pretty good. But when I do watch it, I find myself getting mad that it's not Lazenby (or Moore) in the role. I feel like they spent to much money to get Connery back that we missed out on a much larger movie than what we got.

*Never Say Never Again- movie isn't that great, but this gets the edge over YOLT only because Connery is 'more into it' in this entry- and while I was only just born in 1983, I could only imagine the notion of 'getting Connery BACK' and 'RIVAL Bond film' and 'Battle of the Bonds' must have been cool and exciting at the time!
    *For the record, although he was more fit than in DAF, Connery looks much older than Moore....

*You Only Live Twice- With hollowed out volcano lairs, finally revealing Blofeld's face, and NINJAS for god's sake, this movie should have been awesome! But unfortunately it's boring and Connery couldn't give a damn... I don't *hate* any of the Bond films, but this is definitely the one I find myself coming back to the least.
  • edited March 2011 Posts: 1,497
    Quoting forgotmyusername: i only wished he did the matrix and the Lord of the Ring movies - he would have
    taken
    those movies to another level.
    A wishard is nevah late, Frodo Bagginsh. Norah ish he early. He arrivesh preshishely when he meansh to!
    If Connery was Gandalf, he would have had more sex, that's for sure @-)
    Dr. No or Thunderball are my favorite. They just personify all that we love about Bond: espionage, beautiful girls, stunning and unusual locations, villainous villains (I'm looking at you DAF's Blofeld!) and a charismatic Bond.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    1. You Only Live Twice
    2. From Russia With Love
    3. Diamonds Are Forever
    4. Dr. No
    5. Thunderball
    6. Never Say Never Again
    7. Goldfinger
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    1. DN
    2. TB
    3. FRWL
    4. GF
    5. DAF
    6. NSNA
    7. YOLT
    Though many seem to think that NSNA should finish last, I think Connery did a fine job nonetheless, a much better job any way than in YOLT. But as per usual, that's only my opinion. :)
    I'd love to hear peoples reasoning on their choices... just to hear a different point of view :-D
  • Thunderball is perfection and FRWL is just a hair behind it.
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    edited March 2011 Posts: 3,262
    Quoting Luds:

Quoting PrinceKamalKhan: TB, the biggest and best Bond film not
    only for Connery but of them all! B-)
    Mods, can
    we get a poll added to this one, please?
    Same for me,
    Thunderball is the greatest Bond adventure ever made!
    And poll added ;)
    Thanks, Luds! :) I just cast my vote for the only Bond film to combine the classy direction of Terence Young with the big-budget, Panavision epic style found later in the Lewis Gilbert films. TB, of course! B-)
    FRWL
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I just gave DN a much deserved vote!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited June 2011 Posts: 13,350
    1. From Russia With Love
    2. Dr. No
    3. Thunderball
    4. Diamonds Are Forever
    5. Goldfinger
    6. You Only Live Twice
    For the record my vote is for GF
    01. Dr. No
    02. From Russia With Love
    03. Thunderball
    04. Goldfinger
    05. You Only Live Twice
    06. Diamonds Are Forever
    mu vote goes to GF
  • FRWL is my favorite as well. An excellent spy thriller.