Last graphic novel, comic book, manga you read

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    That casting is great! :P Especially Dalton as the Connery clone Deuce. ;-)

Revolvers was indeed a great addition. Some of the 1-offs were of lesser quality IMO but my love for (the) Danger Girl(s) keeps me going.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Deuce was a tricky one to cast, being so strongly modelled on Connery, Dalton didn't come immediately to mind as some of the other choices. Henstridge, George, Malone, O'Connell & Wilson were the first names that came to mind for each respective character, and the more I thought about each one, the more they made sense to me.

Henstridge...

Oh, the only incentive I ever had for watching Species (and again, and again, and again...) :P
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I've finally got into volume four of the James Bond Omnibus. So far, very good.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I've been attempting to read Marvel's Ultimate universe in the best reading order I've found so far. It's exceptionally difficult.
  • edited June 2013 Posts: 3,564
    The final issue of FURY: My War Gone By has just come out and MAN! Has this series been great! It's a Marvel MAX examination of the life of a "real world" version of Nick Fury, agent of the CIA, by Garth Ennis and Goran Parlov. From the closing of WWII to missions in Cuba, Vietnam, and Nicaragua, professional Cold Warrior Nick Fury looks back on his experiences over fifty years in the trenches. Highly recommended for any Bond fan with a taste for the grittier side of sequential storytelling!
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    The final issue of FURY: My War Gone By has just come out and MAN! Has this series been great! It's a Marvel MAX examination of the life of a "real world" version of Nick Fury, agent of the CIA, by Garth Ennis and Goran Parlov. From the closing of WWII to missions in Cuba, Vietnam, and Nicaragua, professional Cold Warrior Nick Fury looks back on his experiences over fifty years in the trenches. Highly recommended for any Bond fan with a taste for the grittier side of sequential storytelling!

Two important things I need to know: Does he have an eye patch and does he wear it over the left eye?
  • Yes, Fury has an eyepatch over his left eye...and he smokes cigars. This is the REAL Nick Fury, no Samuel Jackson wannabe!
    Yes, Fury has an eyepatch over his left eye...and he smokes cigars. This is the REAL Nick Fury, no Samuel Jackson wannabe!

Well, I happen to like the Sam Jackson "Ultimate" Fury, but I still know what you mean.
    DC Batman Archive vol 1 and Iron Man Beneath The Armor.
  • No knock on Samuel J intended...I just miss the original Fury, and this series has his best treatment since the glory days of Jim Steranko!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited July 2013 Posts: 13,894
    I haven't read them yet (I bought them today):

Danger Girl: Trinity #1
    The Shadow #10
    The Shadow #11
    The Shadow #12
    The Shadow #13
    The Shadow #14
    The Shadow #15
    The Shadow / Green Hornet: Dark Nights #1
    The Shadow: Year 1 #1
    The Shadow: Year 1 #2
    The Shadow: Year 1 #3
    The Shadow: Year 1 #4

Yes, my local comic shop owner was happy to see me today.
    @MajorDSmythe,

I'm collecting the Trinity series too. Issue 3 has arrived recently. I have postponed reading the comic till all issues have come my way, but I'm eager to dive into it.

Oh Abbey... You make me blush. ;-)
    I must confess, that I've fallen behind a bit. I wasn't even aware of the Trinity series, so it came as a nice surprise. They only had #1 in stock, but I see copies of #'s 2, 3 & 4 on ebay.
    Just reread The Walking Dead #1 for the first time in a while.
    MajorDSmythe good to see you picking up the Shadow comics, including the new SHadow/Green Hornet.
    In October there will also be a new Shadow series called the Shadow Now.

And I have pre-ordered the new release of The Shadow 1941 Hitler's atrologer.

That besides the monthly magazines by SANCTUM PRODUCTIONS with 2 Shadow stories from before, makes me some kind of Shadow geek?
    More Shadow on the way? To quote Alan Partridge, 'lovely stuff'.
  • The Shadow 1941: Hitler's Astrologer is actually the re-release (from a different publisher) of a Marvel Graphic Novel that originally saw print several decades ago. (I should know, I was working in distribution at the time.) Does this version have any new content? Foreword, Epilogue, anything?
    The Shadow 1941: Hitler's Astrologer is actually the re-release (from a different publisher) of a Marvel Graphic Novel that originally saw print several decades ago. (I should know, I was working in distribution at the time.) Does this version have any new content? Foreword, Epilogue, anything?

I have not got a clue, really. With th new released I meant indeed re-release, my apologies.

This will bring the absurd prices on Ebay of this book down to reasonable prices with this new printing. Which do not matter as I rather buy it new than 2nd hand (it saves a lot on international postage!)

Again, not what I've read, but bought:

The Shadow: Annual 2013
    The Shadow: Year One #5
    The Shadow: Dark Nights #2
    The Shadow: Dark Nights #3
    5402_400x600.jpg

This is truly one of the darkest comic collections I've ever read from the Batman universe. It's so bitter, so cynical, so violent. And I love every frame of it. Girls are abducted only to end up in the most gruesome places in Gotham's underground. People suffer and die. Psychological torment befalls even the most stable of minds. And throughout it all, Batman fights desperately. An amazing story, well written, well drawn. A must for all fans of Batman comics. City Of Crime!

And now, I'm ready to begin Danger Girl And The Army Of Darkness... ;-)
  • Manga: Codename Wa Sailor V, Atomicat.

Comix: Fatale, Saga, Popeye, True Patriot and I'm eagerly awaiting the new Paul Pope series Battling Boy.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Re-read some old THE PREACHER magazines. Any news on the plans to film this?
    It might be excellent if they get it right.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited September 2013 Posts: 13,350
    Sam Mendes was once in line to direct a film of that but it never happened. An interesting fact if there ever was one.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Yes, thank you, did not know that. This film has been in a development limbo for some 15 years. The original plans for a film were scrapped, as it was deemed too controversial due to the religious themes in the narrative. A TV series was discussed at one point.
    Just bought this.

en_t2thegraphicnovel.jpg

I figured "What the hell? It's only $1."
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Anyone here read Star Wars: Crimson Empire?
    Was it good?
    I've purposefully chosen to stay away from it. Aside from direct adaptations of the films, or the books, I pretty much just stay away from all Star Wars comics. I love that they have fully fleshed out characters, but I chose not to be involved with Random Jedi # 247 that I'm just going to see die at some point. That's why I chose not to care about Plo Koon, until The Clone Wars up and turned him into an interesting character.
    Latest batch of purchases:

The Shadow #18, #19 & #20
    The Shadow: Year One #6
    The Shadow: Now #1, #2 & #3
    The Shadow / Green Hornet: Dark Nights #5
    Latest batch of purchases:

The Shadow #18, #19 & #20
    The Shadow: Year One #6
    The Shadow: Now #1, #2 & #3
    The Shadow / Green Hornet: Dark Nights #5

the good stuff. :!!