Bond Performance - This week; Roger Moore as James Bond, 007 in A View To A Kill

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @doubleohdad

I just got back after a few days and you still haven't changed that ridiculous tune. Since you don't seem to care about friendly requests and even official warnings, I guess it's pointless for us to invest any more energy into trying to get you to fit in.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    HASEROT wrote: »
    Right, cuz yelling sit at a tiger and doing the tarzan yell is all about fleming, right?

right, the Tarzan yell was all Roger's idea.... STFU

It sure wasn't Fleming's idea!!!!

He approved the scripts, man.

Was the Gondola Rog's idea? All that diabolical self-parody stuff just embarrassed the franchise.
    If you can't debate, insult!

THEY ALL APPROVE THE SCRIPTS!! that has nothing to do with anything!!.. stop using that as a cop out that Roger Moore is the anti-christ of Bond!.. find something else..

the Tarzan yell screams Post Production Edit idea by John Glen.. i highly doubt Roger went to Glen and said "hey add this, it will totally be funny." - much like you suggest he probably did..

the Gondola is what it is... it's no less silly than the Moon Buggy (which Connery must've approved).. or Little Nelly.. or the Lotus sub... those ideas come from the writers, not from the actors... everything else like the pigeon - again, thats a post production edit decision by Gilbert - not Moore..... stop stop STOP blaming him for stuff that happens in the movies that is beyond his control..
    I'm politely debating with facts, sir.

I notice you don't get upset over the insults tossed my way on the threads. If you're a mod, are you not supposed to be impartial to all? and I state that with all respect.
  • RC7RC7
    What a glorious pair of arseholes we have in our midst. Can we get a full transcript of their comments in full? I hear Dignitas are after a 'relaxation' tape for their fast-track service.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world

I notice you don't get upset over the insults tossed my way on the threads. If you're a mod, are you not supposed to be impartial to all? and I state that with all respect.

The Mi6 Community policy dictates-

"Spam
    Posts that are deemed as ‘spam’ should also be avoided. These may include mass flooding of identical posts in a thread, or across several threads, posts that contain no active remarks that add to the topic discussion (such as one-word posts) or posts that, regardless of quality, are not related to the topic at hand."
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    To quote Bond ( Roger Moore)
    " It used to be a convincing act, it's wearing a little thin now " ;)
    Infact many of the " opinions" ...... " appear with the tedious
    inevitability of an unloved season !"
    Like your troll post above?
    That's funny coming from a guy who has to insult when he can't win a debate.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---

no, you are politely being an ass

there is ZERO debate with you, simply because you don't listen to anyone except yourself.... look, we can't help it if your uncle touched you while TSWLM was on - so quit spamming us.... I'm sure they have well educated psychologists who can help you with that Rog/Uncle/Molestation problem of yours ;)
  • Like your troll post above?
    You are quite right doubleohdad, if anyone is a troll it is the person making very insulting and offensive comment here as well as the one I have just read elsewhere. Way below the belt.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Both of you will be nothing more than a dream soon.
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 1,146
    You are quite right doubleohdad, if anyone is a troll it is the person making very insulting and offensive comment here as well as the one I have just read elsewhere. Way below the belt.

Thanks man. These guys can't accept any other opinions, resort to insults THEN report to the mods? If you can't debate, just ignore.

Hasrot, your insults don't change the opinions of others, just point out that you have no recourse when others present another point of view.
  • Murdock wrote: »
    Both of you will be nothing more than a dream soon.
    Please stop trolling us.

And that has a welcome ring of permanence about it. ;)

Thanks man. These guys can't accept any other opinions, resort to insults THEN report to the mods? If you can't debate, just ignore.

Hasrot, your insults don't change the opinions of others, just point out that you have no recourse when others present another point of view.

who am i insulting? I am trying to uncover the awful truth behind your aggression towards Roger Moore - thus trying to help you... but by your constant dodging - it tells me i hit a little close to home....... go get some help, okay?.... time to move on.... there is a big bright world of acceptance out there, just waiting for you ;)
    Thanks, man. Your posts will help me if the mods come a-calling.
    Thanks, man. Your posts will help me if the mods come a-calling.

ok good..... we are all here if you need us.
    :-*
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 1,146
    (shrug) if you can't take the heat, don't debate me.

The tone of the Moore Bonds was set by the star. The star has script approval, and since he was not up to portraying Bond in a serious manner, he had to resort to parody. It did not help that he was surrounded by some pretty mediocre to awful directors in his tenure, and all that the rest of the crew could do is support the parody/comedy, like the slide-whistle, the double take pidgeon and the clown suit.
    As I mentioned previously, DAF felt like an RM film but without RM. There were many elements there that seemed to define the Moore years, none more egregious than the elephant at the slot machine. So for me, DAF titled toward the kinds of JB films that would define RM's tenure. LALD as Moore's introductory film has much less of the schlock and smugness of his later films. In my opinion, it's his best Bond film. From the outset I missed Connery. Moore possessed none of the physical attributes of SC. Connery's dark features gave him a roughness and machismo that Moore's refined appearance could never capture. SC never seemed fussy, RM always seemed that way to me. SC's Bond always introduced himself as if he really didn't give a sh*t, whereas
    RM always seemed to delight in saying it. For me, he didn't work as Bond and PB runs a close second. Why? Because their approaches to playing the role were closer to each other than other actors playing the role.

The kerfuffle over what happened and why and who's the best Bond remind me of a sketch some years ago on Saturday Nigh Live. It was called If Eleanor Roosevelt Could Fly. It imagined all sorts of possibilities of the first lady flying as Superman did.
    To me the funny thing about the sketch was that Mrs. Roosevelt couldn't fly and imagining anything other than what actually took place was an exercise in futility.
    Or Shatner playing himself and saying to a fan, "Get a life!"

Sometimes I have to remind myself that no matter how disappointed I was and how much I imagined things differently, all was as it was, Eleanor Roosevelt couldn't fly.

I always thought up until DC came along, the actors had
    very little imput or control over the Bonds.
    Most star actors have script approval. Pacino did not want to do Godfather part 2 until Coppola re-wrote the script.
    I don't think the Producers ever gave script approval to the Bond actors.
    they may have asked them what they thought and even changed the odd line
    but that's about it.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited January 2015 Posts: 17,691
    Connery wanted to be in on production...
    giphy.gif
    Moore wanted certain scenes in his films to be gentler & less violent...giphy.gif
    Dalton wanted Glen to take his Bond movies more seriously...
    giphy.gif

Actors generally don't have that kind of control over the movies they're in.
  • ThomasCrown76ThomasCrown76 Augusta, ks
    It helps that one of the producers has the panting hots for the lead actor and will do anything to try to keep him happy
    It helps that one of the producers has the panting hots for the lead actor and will do anything to try to keep him happy
    Who was/is that?

chrisisall wrote: »
    Who was/is that?

Cubby for Laz ;)

now erase that image out of your mind
  • ThomasCrown76ThomasCrown76 Augusta, ks
    Ha! I was going for Barbara broccoli having the hots for daniel Craig
    Ha! I was going for Barbara broccoli having the hots for daniel Craig
    That was my first thought.
    :))
  • It helps that one of the producers has the panting hots for the lead actor and will do anything to try to keep him happy

Any proof of that?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    And to think there are seven Moore performances up for discussion after this...
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    And to think there are seven Moore performances up for discussion after this...

I can't wait.
    After a long day at work and reading much of the nonsense from some of our newer members. That really was the icing on the cake @Thunderfinger.

=))