You Know You're A Bond Fan when.....

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    183 (?)- as a kid in the prehistoric times before VHS you used to audio tape the Bond movies off TV...
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    BAIN123 wrote: »
    You know you're a Bond fan when, on negotiating a pull or slide door, you try and replicate the way PB opens the door on the Yaucht Mountacore in GE.

I thought I was the only one in the world! All these years I've done it that way without even realising.

• WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited November 2014 Posts: 3,157
    184. You and the person you love "have got all the time in the world"
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    You wear Omega & aspire to Rolex.

You attempt to educate yourself about the finer refinements in life (champagne, wine, national landmarks, countries etc).

You aspire to learn & be fluent in multiple languages.
    186. You have just become a parent and are wondering at what age you can show them a 007 movie and which one would be most age appropriate.
    Three years old is a wee bit daft in my opinion, you should not watch grown up movies at that age. But that is just my opinion as a professional welfare worker with twenty plus years of experience.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited November 2014 Posts: 4,399
    00Beast wrote: »
    26. Whenever you walk into a gathering of some sort wearing dressier clothing, you stride in like Pierce Brosnan with one hand cooly in the left pocket and put on your best Brosnan glare, and whenever a hot chick walks by, you do the thing with the eyebrow and the pursed lips.

Holy crap i do the same... except when you're 400 lbs - no matter if your dressed to the nines, you come off looking like a fat prick walking around like that lol - but i do it anyway.... but I do more of Craig's walk than Brozzer's..
    BAIN123 wrote: »
    You know you're a fan when a former classmate you haven't seen in over 10 years bumps into you and asks if you still love James Bond (yep...that's happened)

This happened to me a few times... they ask you like it's some sort of childish phase they've expected you to grow out of..... umm, sorry, no. lol
    TheBondFan wrote: »
    85: You want to go to London someday, just because of Bond

I was planning on doing this very thing this upcoming year for the release of Bond 24 - but since i was laid off, that has thrown a wrench into those plans, so i'll probably push my London trip back to when Bond 25 comes out... besides, i want to loose some weight before i head over lol...

but here are some of my own "You know you're a Bond fan, when..."

187. When you told you ex-girlfriend (who you almost married) that if you were to marry, you had to have a bride and groom only dance to "We Have All The Time In The World" by Louis Armstrong...... this is actually still a must of mine should i ever tie the knot.. my wife can have the entire wedding the way she wants it - but i want that one song - for jealous Bond reasons lol.

188. You honestly wish that Shaun Of The Dead had a bit role from either Sean Connery, George Lazenby, or Roger Moore - to complete a Bond hat trick in the Cornetto Trilogy.

189. While playing any sort of multiplayer shooter, you turn down your tv volume a little, and put on some of your Bond soundtracks as background music.

190. Suggested a name for your newborn niece (unbeknownst to your sister at the time, the name was of a Bond girl.) - not only that, but your sister likes the name, and gives the name to her daughter... now you got a little niece named Miranda, and you remind her every chance you get that she is named after a Bond girl. lol.

191. Started drinking Mojitos because Bond did it in DAD. (has become my favorite drink btw - i liked it before it became a fad recently lol)

192. For myself, as an amateur filmmaker, the pinnacle of your career would be to direct a James Bond film.. and if that ever happened, you direct it - then immediately retire, because you've climbed your own personal everest, and nothing could ever top that. lol.

193. As a child, you made it your personal mission to be the best out of your friends at the game Goldeneye.. not only that, but when it came to multiplayer, you always had to be Bond, because you were the biggest Bond fan out of your friends.

194. While you're having a night out with some friends, you get a phone call from your other friends - who are in the middle of a game of Trivial Pursuit, and a Bond question came up - they didn't know the answer so they called you... lol... even better is in the background over the phone, you can hear one of your other friends yell "You called him?! Thats not fair! Thats cheating!!!"... and then you smile - like a boss.
    edited November 2014 Posts: 3,157
    195. Random strangers add you on Whatsapp and ask you your name, and your answer is:

"Bond. James Bond."
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 5,812
    196 : When you compare Michael Flatley to Lewis Gilbert. Not in a complimentary way. (and yes, it makes perfect sense. Ask me if you want to know why).
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Lord Of The Bond?
    Not exactly. You see, Michael Flatley's shows are essentially (okay, with the exception of Celtic Tiger) the same story with different trapping. And he tries to do the same thing each time with more and more spectacular stuff, to the point that he forgets his roots. I went to see the latest iteration of LOTD, "Dangerous Games", and instead of celtic warriors, there were cyborgs and robots, lots of explosions and special effects. In fact, I thought I was watching an episode of Doctor Who (not helped by the beginning, which reminded me of the titles of the latest series, and the name of the lead dancer, Matt Smith - seriously, I couldn't invent that if I tried).

Well, that's what Lewis Gilbert did every time he directed a Bond movie : serve the same story with more spectacular stuff each time. Not my favourite approach to the character.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 1,778
    The order of numbers got a little shuffled but we can just roll with it.

197) You pull you're N64 out of mothballs once every few months and have Goldeneye 64 night with your friends.

198) During said night you get upset once that one person inevitably picks Oddjob and kills you all.

199) Your response to said dilemma is to swallow your pride and choose Jaws despite the fact you only ever want to play as anyone other than Bond or Trevellyn.

200) You're sitting at your computer right now at 5:12 A.M. waiting for the Bond 24 press conference.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    201. You hang yourself after watching Die Another Day.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    You find any reason to talk about Bond. My wife thinks I am a geek.

2. You look in the mirror in the morning and think Skyfall rough today.

3. You suddenly appreciate McCallan even though you have never liked whisky.

4.You cant put on a new suit without practicing your gun barrel walk and fire in the mirror. Lol
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    202. Whenever you encounter someone that you vehemently dislike, you dream of telling them that they "appear with the tedious inevitability of an unloved season."

Still waiting to use this one.
  • 202. Whenever you encounter someone that you vehemently dislike, you dream of telling them that they "appear with the tedious inevitability of an unloved season."

Still waiting to use this one.

That is a great line. And delivered dry as a bone by the awesome Michael Lonsdale.
  • One I guess we all share :

203 : When the title and cast of Bond 24 is to be released on a live stream, you wait in front of your computer 3 hours earlier, excited just as if it was Chrismas
    204 : The roof above your computer bears the mark of your head since you jumped through the roof with excitement learning Bond 24 would be called SPECTRE.
    edited December 2014 Posts: 45,489
    205 When you name your firstborn Sean George Roger Timothy Pierce Daniel. Even if it is a girl.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    206. You have one of these on your desk at work:

royal-doulton-british-bulldogs-jack-652383748002-box.jpg
    207. You instantly dont trust bald men. Just incase they are evil genius with a volcano layer.
    TripAces wrote: »
    206. You have one of these on your desk at work:

royal-doulton-british-bulldogs-jack-652383748002-box.jpg

Oh yes I have one of these which will take pride of place once my Bond room is built!
    edited December 2014 Posts: 45,489
    208. You use the money you were given to buy school books to buy a Fleming Bond novel instead. (Yes, I was guilty of that aged 15.)
    208. You use the money you were given to buy school books to buy a Fleming Bond novel instead. (Yes, I was guilty of that aged 15.)
    At that age, I used to read Bond novels instead of paying attention to the lessons. I was caught a couple of times, but that didn't prevent me from doing it again.
    209. You call Ian Fleming Sir Ian Fleming as a mark of respect even though he wrongly never knighted.
  • JWPepperJWPepper You sit on it, but you can't take it with you.
    When you're 10 years old and knows this much about 007.

JWPepper wrote: »

You mean 7! And wow! That's inspirational haha I started watching Bond at 10 I believe.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    I have Allways wondered what @Dragonpol looked like !.
    You get the vibe he loves the tux but not the gadgets stiched in lol. Almost like you can see him think "Its not Tom Ford and its not midnight blue"
  • You get the vibe he loves the tux but not the gadgets stiched in lol. Almost like you can see him think "Its not Tom Ford and its not midnight blue"

That's #212. Remember gents let's keep these numbered. ;)
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    JWPepper wrote: »

It's cute and all...but as a parent, I have to wonder why a six-year-old is watching OHMSS. WTH.