You Know You're A Bond Fan when.....

Comments

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Mrcoggins wrote: »
    I have Allways wondered what @Dragonpol looked like !.

:)) Thank you. I'll take that as a compliment, @Mrcoggins!
  • Not sure what number this is because somebody else has probably said it already, but when you grab every white cat you see and stroke it while saying something sinister.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    When you keep nagging about there being no news on the next film, page up and page down on a forum.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    When you keep nagging about there being no news on the next film, page up and page down on a forum.

That's also the number one sign you might not be a Bond fan.
    edited July 2017 Posts: 17,810

Very much agreed. There are plenty of other things to discuss on the whole of the Bond phenomenon while we are all waiting if members cared to engage with it. Patience is a virtue.
    Page 9 already? Huh? Page 9!
    Page 9 already? Huh? Page 9!

You know you're a Bond fan when you reach Page 9 on a Bond forum thread! ;)
    You know you are a Bond fan when you hate something about Bond.
    You know you are a Bond fan when you hate something about Bond.

As nobody else cares?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Dragonpol wrote: »

Very much agreed. There are plenty of other things to discuss on the whole of the Bond phenomenon while we are all waiting if members cared to engage with it. Patience is a virtue.

My favorite comments are those that make EON out to be hacks as they lament the glory of what Bond was. Treating films like heart attacks as if they're practicing for their theatre debut. I often wonder why people bother hanging around here if Bond seems to make them so miserable. But if they left they'd have no ability to complain in order to fill a specific mystery hole in their own unfulfilled lives.
    Dragonpol wrote: »

My favorite comments are those that make EON out to be hacks as they lament the glory of what Bond was. Treating films like heart attacks as if they're practicing for their theatre debut. I often wonder why people bother hanging around here if Bond seems to make them so miserable. But if they left they'd have no ability to complain in order to fill a specific mystery hole in their own unfulfilled lives.

Indeed, it seems to bring some sort of closure, or catharsis to their lives.
    EON on the right. The Bond franchise on the left.
    1460053319_human-sacrifice.jpeg
    Harsh.
    EON on the right. The Bond franchise on the left.
    1460053319_human-sacrifice.jpeg

Actually, it's a symbolic picture. My patience is represented by the man being strangled to death on the left, whereas the two on the right represent the usual suspects of mewling babies on our forum that make their beds in the production thread.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    edited July 2017 Posts: 3,675
    216. When one writes a 43 page paper regarding a set used in the series.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    217. When your mate hits a wayward shot playing golf and you comment, "Oh bad luck, you're in the rough...!"

I think my mate Wayne is getting sick of it but he's crap at Golf...
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    edited July 2017 Posts: 3,000
    218. When someone is writing about their GF and you automatically read it as "Goldfinger" instead of girlfriend.
    217. When your mate hits a wayward shot playing golf and you comment, "Oh bad luck, you're in the rough...!"

You'd better watch it, @LeonardPine. One day your friend will have his fill and start retaliating against you by using the ball down the pant leg cheat from the movie every time he misses the green. Those bogies will soon turn to pars, then to birdies and you won't know what hit you as you quizzically jot down the stroke counts.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà

Good one, I do that too!
    GoldenGun wrote: »

Good one, I do that too!

:))

You'd better watch it, @LeonardPine. One day your friend will have his fill and start retaliating against you by using the ball down the pant leg cheat from the movie every time he misses the green. Those bogies will soon turn to pars, then to birdies and you won't know what hit you as you quizzically jot down the stroke counts.

Ha Ha, very true, @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7

I wouldn't mind but he cheats on the stroke count anyway!
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited October 2017 Posts: 10,588
    219: When you play the track "Peaceful Fountains of Desire" in your head every time you finish a shave.
    What set did you write on? Fort Knox perhaps?
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    220: When you read vehicle licence plates and see abbreviations for Bond films.
    I already covered that. It s a strange thing.
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    edited October 2017 Posts: 2,721

Sorry old man - that must have been in section 26, paragraph 5...I always forget to read that! Sorry about the repetition. But I do read those licence plates that way all the time. I see DAF around constantly and think about this forum. Also my local bus that goes from my house to town is the 007 - I want to ride it in a tux with the bond theme blasting but I think the reference may be lost on rush hour commuters.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.

Sorry old man - that must have been in section 26, paragraph 5...I always forget to read that! Sorry about the repetition. But I do read those licence plates that way all the time. I see DAF around constantly and think about this forum. Also my local bus that goes from my house to town is the 007 - I want to ride it in a tux with the bond theme blasting but I think the reference may be lost on rush hour commuters.

I'd be so tempted to refer to it as "Commander Bus". "I'll be taking Commander Bus into town today." :D
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Milovy wrote: »
    What set did you write on? Fort Knox perhaps?

@Milovy, it's M's office and the latest draft is 47 pages.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    When you read Skyfall instead of semi-finalist as this tennis player's best French Open record.
    Grand Slam Singles results
    Australian Open QF (2017)
    French Open SF (2017)
    Wimbledon 2R (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)
    US Open F (2016)
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Have we covered "interrupting a conversation between a group of total strangers in a pub because they can't work out where they know the name 'Scaramanga' from and it's driving you nuts"?