SirHenryLeeChaChing's For Original Fans - Favorite Moments In NTTD (spoilers)

Comments

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    So - I just read on the Bond 25 production thread that Daniel is in the "stay in" camp for the U.K. referendum that everybody has just finished voting on as I type this.
    Thanks to @Red_Snow and @marketto007 for this photo and article on that. I like the photo I lot, but I cannot upload it or copy it here. If any of you would like to, please do.
    Cheers!

http://news.sky.com/story/1715430/becks-barnes-and-bond-where-stars-stand-on-eu
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    So - I just read on the Bond 25 production thread that Daniel is in the "stay in" camp for the U.K. referendum that everybody has just finished voting on as I type this.
    Thanks to @Red_Snow and @marketto007 for this photo and article on that. I like the photo I lot, but I cannot upload it or copy it here. If any of you would like to, please do.
    Cheers!

http://news.sky.com/story/1715430/becks-barnes-and-bond-where-stars-stand-on-eu

Whatever people may vote, I think it's a pretty cool t-shirt.
  • edited June 2016 Posts: 3,564
    If Hiddleston is cast as Bond in B25, does that mean that Taylor Swift has the inside track to be cast as the Bond Girl as well?
    Hiddleston = Craig lite..................... Personally, I think we need a bigger change.
    edited June 2016 Posts: 12,459
    After Craig leaves - which, yes I am hoping he is back for the next one - I would like a bigger change, too. Very interested in how that will play out, of course, but I feel speculation now is still premature (in spite of publicity in tabloids, etc.).

Always good to hear your thoughts here, @delfloria. B-)
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    NicNac wrote: »
    Dalton gets heralded by the fan community for being the most Fleming-like of all the actors (although I could never see that myself) but an actor needs to be the central point of any film. You mustn't be able to take your eyes off him. Connery was in control, you watched him all the time. This simply wasn't the case with Dalton.
    Disagree. Sean was tremendous, but Dalton took it down a bit to a more realistic level. Two sides of the same Bond coin as it were. IMHO, the two best Bonds. But I love them all, really.
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    Good thoughts, @Szonana, @NicNac, and @CommanderRoss.
    I do think charisma is important. That can take many forms.
    I was with you, CommanderRoss, until you went all pro Hiddleston on me. ;) No, I feel a strung aversion to him. More than most, I'm sure. Zero appeal.

Dalton has charisma - however, I think his was less than Sean, Roger, and Pierce. Daniel has his own sort of magnetism. Dalton may have had less of that as Bond, yes. Yet I still enjoyed his Bond very much. I especially liked his Bond's interaction with Kara. That seemed real to me.

I guess more than charisma is making woman feel attarcted to the actor, we have to believe all the Bond girls would be swooning over him, after all Bond is first a ladies man and then an action guy.

Szonana wrote: »
    Bond is first a ladies man and then an action guy.

:-O
    Birdleson wrote: »
    He's first a detective, at his best.
    Thank you.
    After Craig leaves - which, yes I am hoping he is back for the next one - I would like a bigger change, too. Very interested in how that will play out, of course, but I feel speculation now is still premature (in spite of publicity in tabloids, etc.).

Always good to hear your thoughts here, @delfloria. B-)

I know you'd like to hope for another from Craig but he is already gone.

• I would rather not see Hiddleston as Bond, I've already got him in mind as Loki. Loki no = Bond to me. I wouldn't mind another from Craig, but that's seeming less & less likely in my assessment. Bond as action man or ladies man, detective or -- what? He's his own thing & that's where the charm lies -- he's the world's most famous secret agent, drat it all. He's a walking contradiction, partly truth and partly fiction (to quote the song lyric.) He's a white knight and a destroyer of the mores of Western Society all at the same time and that's what makes him Bond.
    edited June 2016 Posts: 12,459
    I think even if Craig has let them know he wants to end his tenure with Spectre, he could still change his mind. Oh yes he could. So until we hear from him or EON directly, I will simply hope he comes back. When he is officially NOT returning, I'll deal with that then. And at that point, it would be lovely if we had other options (actors not yet mentioned) to argue about discuss intelligently. :>
  • ....it would be lovely if we had other options (actors not yet mentioned) to argue about discuss intelligently. :>

With that in mind...let's remember that Sean's most recent film before Dr. No was "Darby O'Gill & The Little People." Rather than fixating on Tom H. because he recently appeared in a film that brought Bond to the audience's collective minds, perhaps we ought to be looking a little farther afield...

• SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Szonana wrote: »
    Bond is first a ladies man and then an action guy.

:-O

Well that's the way i see him, thats why i give more weight to : sex Appeal, charm, sense of humor and sophistication over Fighting skills, edge or the famous dangerous side.

I think even if Craig has let them know he wants to end his tenure with Spectre, he could still change his mind. Oh yes he could. So until we hear from him or EON directly, I will simply hope he comes back. When he is officially NOT returning, I'll deal with that then. And at that point, it would be lovely if we had other options (actors not yet mentioned) to argue about discuss intelligently. :>

I see your hope springs eternal. Yes, though he has left the role there is still a window for him to completely change his mind and take the role again at the last minute. Barbara Broccoli would love nothing more. I personally think SPECTRE failed miserably to put it's $350 million dollar budget up on the screen and they really need to rethink what they are doing regardless of the Bond character himself.

• CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Bond as action man or ladies man, detective or -- what? He's his own thing & that's where the charm lies -- he's the world's most famous secret agent, drat it all. He's a walking contradiction, partly truth and partly fiction (to quote the song lyric.) He's a white knight and a destroyer of the mores of Western Society all at the same time and that's what makes him Bond.

I guess that's why it's so hard to really point out and say 'that's Bond' (except if your name is Tiffany). Everyone is putting accents to the parts they like best. Even his charisma is a bit of an enigma. Funny how the line 'every girl wants to be with him, and every man wants to be him' doesn't help at all in this regard, as those could be two completely different perceptions.
    Bond as action man or ladies man, detective or -- what? He's his own thing & that's where the charm lies -- he's the world's most famous secret agent, drat it all. He's a walking contradiction, partly truth and partly fiction (to quote the song lyric.) He's a white knight and a destroyer of the mores of Western Society all at the same time and that's what makes him Bond.

I guess that's why it's so hard to really point out and say 'that's Bond' (except if your name is Tiffany). Everyone is putting accents to the parts they like best. Even his charisma is a bit of an enigma. Funny how the line 'every girl wants to be with him, and every man wants to be him' doesn't help at all in this regard, as those could be two completely different perceptions.

There you go................ I have never wanted to be Craig's Bond.
    delfloria wrote: »

I have never wanted to be ANY Bond. The character fascinates me; the 'reality' is somewhat sad.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited June 2016 Posts: 1,756

The reason I'm big into Craig's Bond is because I feel very similar to him, fictional exaggerations and career aside.

Bond, or at least Craig's interpretation is a loner. A loner who is confident and socially apt but prefers not to be in company in his downtime, which is ironic, because that's his profession. I can't imagine Craig's Bond grabbing a pint and shouting with his buddies. Or attending a normal concert. Bond's life is his profession, and at one point he had feelings, but he's tried to make himself as emotionally detached as possible to the point where he has almost nothing left. However we know Bond isn't really a psychopath, with his real love for Vesper and his "stop" for Madeline.

I have never wanted to be ANY Bond. The character fascinates me; the 'reality' is somewhat sad.

I on the other hand when I was in my teens in '66 I definitely wanted to be Bond, Napoleon Solo and/ or Illya Kuryakin.
  • delfloria wrote: »

I on the other hand when I was in my teens in '66 I definitely wanted to be Bond, Napoleon Solo and/ or Illya Kuryakin.

I wanted to be them as well, for awhile. Then I realized it was a lot safer to be John, Paul, George and/or Ringo. :)>-
    I wanted to be ... well, early on, Honey West (lovely Anne Francis), then Pattie Boyd (yes due to A Hard Day's Night), and April Dancer (TGFU), and Tiffany (DAF).

The only Bond I have not been attracted to is Lazenby. Zilch there ... but the other Bonds? Oh yes. Considerably. ;)

I wanted to be them as well, for awhile. Then I realized it was a lot safer to be John, Paul, George and/or Ringo. :)>-

All four together? That doesn't sound safe, all those girls would've torn you apart (in a not-fun kind of way)....
  • delfloria wrote: »

All four together? That doesn't sound safe, all those girls would've torn you apart (in a not-fun kind of way)....

It was all part of the job description, as noted by the Byrds in So You Want to Be a Rock & Roll Star: "And in a week or two, if you make the charts the girls will tear you apart..."
  • I wanted to be ... well, early on, Honey West (lovely Anne Francis), then Pattie Boyd (yes due to A Hard Day's Night), and April Dancer (TGFU), and Tiffany (DAF).

Nice role models. I approve. No Emma Peel? "We're needed, Mrs. Peel..."
    Yes I liked her a lot. But the actual wanting to look like was more for the other ones I mentioned. Oh, and Ann-Margret, too. :)
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    When I was younger I Allways wanted to be John Steed .
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I wanted to be an astronaut.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    @Mrcroggins I too wanted to be Steed. :D ( still do )
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    I wanted his umbrella.