Come on, guys! TND isn't all THAT bad.

18910111214»

Comments

I don't buy it. Or if they did go for it, they failed to convince. I still think they were looking for a quick and easy way to have them in bed together.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Actually, they go way back. Didn't Bond mention Paris in AVTAK?
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Actually, they go way back. Didn't Bond mention Paris in AVTAK?

No.... but he surely was IN Paris... :O)
    The problem was Paris herself. A very one-note character who wasn't particularly sympathetic.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I didn't have a problem with Paris.
    I didn't have a problem with Paris.
    Me either, but an actress like Monica B. would have made her something very special IMO.

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I think Paris should have been played by Stephanie Zimbalist. It would have been a great little nod to Remington Steele.
    Murdock wrote: »
    I think Paris should have been played by Stephanie Zimbalist. It would have been a great little nod to Remington Steele.
    Holy crap! Officer thinking, Lieutenant!! That would have been AWESOME. Plus: she's a first class actress.
    =D>
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Holy crap! Officer thinking, Lieutenant!! That would have been AWESOME. Plus: she's a first class actress.
    =D>

Agreed. It's a lot easier to picture a past relationship between her and Brosnan's Bond than it is for Hatcher. Hatcher felt a little flat to me.
    It's a lot easier to picture a past relationship between her and Brosnan's Bond than it is for Hatcher.
    It would have SO worked.
    Hatcher felt a little flat to me.
    She was an excellent Lois Lane though.
    ;)
    There's a first time for all..err.... firsts... :\">
    Funny isn't it. We can't talk but here we are working together. ;)
    TND is always either my #1 or #2 Brosnan favorite and is in my top ten for the whole series. I do think it is great fun, very well done, but not perfect. As has been said countless times before, they should have hired Monica Belluci to play Paris. She would have had believable and smoldering chemistry with Pierce. I don't mind the ending as much as some do, apparently. I find this whole movie enjoyable, with great serious moments balanced with lighter ones. I love Pierce's chemistry with Q, also. This is a great Arnold score, with a just okay theme song (yes, again as has been mentioned before, Surrender was meant to be the title song and is used during the score). Stamper could have been stronger. Carver could have been stronger. But you know what? These are not glaring faults that really harm the film. Paris is the weakest part. Wai Lin rocks. And it is a stronger, more fully rounded Bond that Pierce gives us. He is a great Bond here. Wonderful PTS, too. I do like this film a lot. B-)

Definitely the 'best' Brosnan film. The only one of his that I can watch without cringeing all the way through. I agree about the PTS as well. i actually really like it. Probably the best single sequence in the entire Brosnan era. Sir Rog would have been proud to appear in a PTS like that. Infact, dare I say it, it is better than one or two of his.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    :) Ta, Getafix.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    Getafix wrote: »
    Definitely the 'best' Brosnan film. The only one of his that I can watch without cringeing all the way through. I agree about the PTS as well. i actually really like it. Probably the best single sequence in the entire Brosnan era. Sir Rog would have been proud to appear in a PTS like that. Infact, dare I say it, it is better than one or two of his.

sans the skydive into the plane bit, i thought the PTS to GE was better...

and i'll take the St. Petersburg Tank Chase and the showdown above the Goldeneye dish between 007 and 006 over almost any sequence in TND.
    Hey- I love both movies, but it's mainly the soundtrack that puts GE second to TND IMO. Basically they both rock!
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    GE as a film is definitely more fun to watch, but I do agree that soundtrack is quite unbearable. I am slowly improving my opinion on TND...there are a few cool scenes, Brosnan acts so cool as well.

Still, TND is still tentatively at number 14, up about 4 spots since QOS, and GE down 2-3 spots from 2nd place