The TIMOTHY DALTON Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

1505152535456»

Comments

• Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Revelator wrote: »
    Twilight Time is going out of business and offering the Blu-Ray of Dalton's Wuthering Heights for $6.95.
    Primarily of interest to Bronte fans and English teachers.

'Genre: Romantic Comedy'? I have not read Wuthering Heights but this is not my understanding of it!

I watched Brenda Starr for the first time last weekend and it was exactly the fun antidote to These Times I needed (I love goofy comic book movies). Also, this:

tumblr_psx31sOCXb1ypme99o1_1280.png
  • edited May 11 Posts: 488
    Revelator wrote: »
    Dalton certainly looked more like a Byronic hero than any other Bond actor, but oddly Amis never noticed this--commenting on Licence to Kill he just said Dalton was unmemorable next to Connery and Moore. He didn't even notice that the film adapted part of Fleming's LALD. Oh well!

One wonders if Amis even saw the movie.
  • Agent_OneAgent_One Ireland
    I do think Dalton would've been excellent in an adaptation of Amis' Colonel Sun.
  • edited May 11 Posts: 1,884
    Escalus5 wrote: »
    One wonders if Amis even saw the movie.

Like a couple of other Fleming fans who weren't hot on LTK, Amis thought the series had become too much like an American action movie in the general level of mayhem, stunts, explosions, violence, etc. If those critics could see what subsequent Bond films were like, they might have revised their opinions!

Amis's review of LTK can be heard here by the way.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    I watched Passion's Way from 1999 last night (aptly named; phwoar) and good grief, the man does NOT age:

407d3228a6c7f445a47d69060bcf7c56.jpg