E3 announcements

13»

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I'm also in that arena. I only ever play the game now when I want to replay the whole series chronologically.
    bondbat007 wrote:

Reading this, so not only are they replacing the classic Bond's with Craig, it's not even Craig? (voice wise anyway).
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    bondbat007 wrote:

Reading this, so not only are they replacing the classic Bond's with Craig, it's not even Craig? (voice wise anyway).

Why would they do that? Hopefully the man just has bad ears. If this the case, why couldn't Activision just make a unique Bond model that looked nothing like any of them? That would be great, and that way I won't be mad because Dan is in FRWL, and @Creasy and @00Beast won't be frustrated with Dan in GE, or him in a Moore film that would make @DC007's head implode. I think it could work well, and the model could be true to the actual literary character. I love Dan, but I just don't like them using a likeness in film that it doesn't belong.
    bondbat007 wrote:

Why would they do that? Hopefully the man just has bad ears. If this the case, why couldn't Activision just make a unique Bond model that looked nothing like any of them? That would be great, and that way I won't be mad because Dan is in FRWL, and @Creasy and @00Beast won't be frustrated with Dan in GE, or him in a Moore film that would make @DC007's head implode. I think it could work well, and the model could be true to the actual literary character. I love Dan, but I just don't like them using a likeness in film that it doesn't belong.

Exactly, I like his Bond, but I really can't stand the thought of him in TLD or LTK. In a way I'm glad that Dalton's films are less popular/well known today, because that means there's less chance of Activision using them.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Y'know, they can get Craig in for two Bond games not based on films, nor even being released at the same time as a film, yet the one based on one of his films can't get his voice? Why?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Y'know, they can get Craig in for two Bond games not based on films, nor even being released at the same time as a film, yet the one based on one of his films can't get his voice? Why?

That was hopefully an error on the writer's part... :-S
  • Y'know, they can get Craig in for two Bond games not based on films, nor even being released at the same time as a film, yet the one based on one of his films can't get his voice? Why?

Most likely he simply hasn't recorded lines for it yet and so they used a fill-in voice for the E3 demos.

@JamesPage....no 3D Xbox.

Most likely he simply hasn't recorded lines for it yet and so they used a fill-in voice for the E3 demos.

That's what I hope. That's what I hoped when I saw the Splinter Cell: Blacklist E3 gameplay, but alas... ~X( X(

That's what I hope. That's what I hoped when I saw the Splinter Cell: Blacklist E3 gameplay, but alas... ~X( X(

See, it's this kind of talk that makes me almost certain that Craig won't voice himself.
  • Y'know, they can get Craig in for two Bond games not based on films, nor even being released at the same time as a film, yet the one based on one of his films can't get his voice? Why?

See, it's this kind of talk that makes me almost certain that Craig won't voice himself.

Only if Craig was displeased with Goldeneye and refused to do it.

Activision got Craig for QOS, BS and GE.
    I love how when you put Blood Stone into an abbreviation you get BS. Hahahaha. Sorry...

*crawls back in hole*
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I love how when you put Blood Stone into an abbreviation you get BS. Hahahaha. Sorry...

*crawls back in hole*

I thought the same thing the first time I abbreviated it. I'm sorry, but I just could not get into that game. I don't know what it was about it - perhaps the beauty that was QoS that got me so hyped for BS - but I really didn't enjoy my time playing it. I will admit, though, that the online was simplistic fun, like QoS, but not as good.
    You like QoS?!
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director

It's coming...
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, absolutely. The online was pure, simplistic fun, and while the SP was nothing grand, it wasn't too bad. I couldn't get enough of it. In fact, you were the one that replied to my question a long time ago about if the online servers were still up, and you said it was all FRWL shotguns, which is deeply upsetting. As time went by, that suppressed full-auto Hutchinson A4 shotgun was all 95% of the players used. It was deadly.
    edited June 2012 Posts: 28,694
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, absolutely. The online was pure, simplistic fun, and while the SP was nothing grand, it wasn't too bad. I couldn't get enough of it. In fact, you were the one that replied to my question a long time ago about if the online servers were still up, and you said it was all FRWL shotguns, which is deeply upsetting. As time went by, that suppressed full-auto Hutchinson A4 shotgun was all 95% of the players used. It was deadly.

Yes, and I am sure (if people are still playing out there :-S) they are stilled being overused. I never got to play the multiplayer as it first started out, so I can't say for sure how much fun it used to be. I just hate when things are exploited in games, like the RPGs are starting to be in Max Payne 3's multiplayer.
    The first few days I played (I received the game for Christmas near its release) were great, with a big bag of weapons being used. A few days passed, and I noticed a guy with the A4 model completely demolish the other team on a map. A few matches later, I see two guys with A4, and then, like a disgusting virus, it spread throughout, and I legitimately felt like 60 to 70% of the matches I played involved the usage of either the A3 or A4 Hutchinson model.

And, with games like this, I'm sure it's 100% overused now, in terms of how small the player base is. My friend tried out CoD4 the other day, and he said it was a gigantic no-scope M40 layout for every match he tried out.
    That's also the problem with GE: Reloaded. Bond games have maps in closed indoor spaces where shotguns can make a huge impact
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    bondbat007 wrote:

Probably Daniel Craig hasn't gotten the chance to lend his voice yet, so they got someone as a filler for the moment.
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Sony better be on the ball this time.
    If they name it the 720, I'm going to Walmart and breaking every one I see. I've never heard of such a stupid name.
    If they name it the 720, I'm going to Walmart and breaking every one I see. I've never heard of such a stupid name.

That's what people said about the 360
    I just hope they do focus on making a better system than duking it out as a race against time to see who can release their new system first.

And $300 release price? I doubt that for such an upgraded system.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    The "10 year cycle" of the 360 and and PS3 didn't last long. A shame.

I'd happily wait until 2015 or 2016 for the next wave from Microsoft or Sony.
    bondbat007 wrote:

That's what people said about the 360

At least that was a unique name at the time. Doubling the number to 720 is just stupid. I doubt it'll be twice as good.