E3 announcements

Comments

At least SF will be free. Im wondering if EON didn't want the mission released before the film? Or if it wouldn't be finished in time.

And if it's one mission per film, hopefully it will be Goldenye Rouge Agent style and have them be LONG missions...

Please turn out well...
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 2,107
    I need to get a router, then perhaps I can get my laptop to communicate with my ps3 and then I can perhaps download this mission they could put on the dang disc. I hate it when they do this. Leave out levels that could be on the game discs. Not everyone has an easy time connecting their ps3 online!

I never got to experience the missions they cut out from Batman Arkham City or LA Noire...

Anyway. I'm hoping there'll be more vehicular missions in this one.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Activision knows that all there big title hits November, and after learning that it didn't go well when they did that last year with Bond and COD releasing at the same time, they will release 007 Legends much earlier, even before Skyfall hits theaters. That way gamers can play that before everyone rushes to get COD (the fools), and Activision will still make a good chunk of cash off it all because 007 Legends will be released prior to COD. The Skyfall mission will be released after the movie hits to stop the leak of the story months before the film hits theaters, and because it is free that shows Activision planned to have it on the disc but under the circumstances, they couldn't.
    Actually, I praise Activision for keeping Skyfall off the hard copy and forcing digital download.

Look at it this way: If they market a game based on a film that is still in theaters, some people won't have seen it yet, and it will spoil the film. This way, you can enjoy the game without forcing yourself to spoil Skyfall, and then once you see the film on rental/BRay you can download the final part of the game.

I see why they did it, but that only aids a VERY small percentage of the sales.
    Look if they wanted, they could of made the SF mission cost money. But they're not. And I can't believe I'm saying this but good move Activision.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Like I said earlier...

"Eurocom is playing coy with support for future films as DLC, but they have acknowledged that the upcoming Bond film Skyfall will be available as a free DLC mission soon after the game releases on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on Oct. 16 this year."

xxx
    Like I said earlier...

"Eurocom is playing coy with support for future films as DLC, but they have acknowledged that the upcoming Bond film Skyfall will be available as a free DLC mission soon after the game releases on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on Oct. 16 this year."

xxx
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Actually, I praise Activision for keeping Skyfall off the hard copy and forcing digital download.

Look at it this way: If they market a game based on a film that is still in theaters, some people won't have seen it yet, and it will spoil the film. This way, you can enjoy the game without forcing yourself to spoil Skyfall, and then once you see the film on rental/BRay you can download the final part of the game.

Precisely why.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    It's not hard to see why they did it, but the real question is how well did they do it?
  • oo7oo7
    edited June 2012 Posts: 1,068
    I think Skyfall being a free dlc it will prob come with a code for download and then when the game goes back into second hand market activision will be able to pick up some money for that.
    With the previous bond games they have released ive noticed there is no online pass and QoS dlc map pack came out a good age after the games release and only then in a usa region lock.
    the dlc for goldeneye was a bit lacklustre, free to usa and paid for for eu. understandable as in replays i mostly find eu players.

prehaps a 7th mission isnt out of the question. still annoyed me they decided to go with this engine to produce the game with.

Did anyone catch the trailer for Watch Dogs? It looks too good to be a sandbox game.

Oh and Hitman Hd collection is coming this year too!

@bond_azoozbond thats an ok read, it annoys me that they try to sell games to the masses, does not mean the game must be shallow, i think we alreayd proved this in arkham asylum. if a games above and beyond you can build a audience geared towards it and keep them.
  • oo7oo7
    star wars 1313 could be real good. i really wish it featured boba fett as the main protagonist

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_hxzv3xpob0?version=3&hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_hxzv3xpob0?version=3&hl=en_GB"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

If only 007 looked this good
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

Buy the game late this year and not see the film until mid next year? Why?! Why not go see it in theaters/cinema?
    bondbat007 wrote:
    The guy thinks the silence over the game is a good thing, that Bond is doing great at E3 this year, and that QoS was a B-title. He's clearly off his rocker.
    QoS was a B-title compared to others that year. Nightfire was not.
    bondbat007 wrote:
    QoS was a B-title compared to others that year. Nightfire was not.

2008? That was a great year!
    Exactly. Which is why QoS was B-list compared to everything else that year. Fallout 3, Cod WAW are just a couple on the top of my head
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 555
    JamesPage wrote:
    I'm sure there will be another 007 Legends reveal this week for E3, but I saw a sneak preview of some Xbox hardware last week.

Microsoft will unveil a new 3D system for the Xbox 360. It will work with *any* (2D) display screen. A small USB device is used to sync with the active 3D glasses (these look angular with sharp corners, not your standard 3D TV glasses). A lot of games will be supported from launch.

I didn't catch Microsoft's 3D announcement. Anybody have a link? @JamesPage
    bondbat007 wrote:
    Exactly. Which is why QoS was B-list compared to everything else that year. Fallout 3, Cod WAW are just a couple on the top of my head

MGS4
    GTAIV

What I'm saying is that QoS was a C+ compared to the games that year, and calling it a B title is giving it way too much credit.
  • oo7oo7
    QoS was produced at the same time bytreyarch as World at War. the corner cover system was ok, Its a shame they didnt push forward with this engine though for goldeneye and legends as it is better than the one they are using.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    bondbat007 wrote:

I enjoyed QoS more than WAW. However, my favorite 2008 game was Metal Gear Solid 4 Guns of the Patriots.

Wasn't GTA IV released in 2008? If it was then that's my favourite game from that year.
  • oo7oo7
    dead space?
    Stop living in the past. ay least qos was playable i found waw was constant grenades.
    in Q1 of 2013 which of these space shooter shall you be playing
    1 Aliens colonial marines
    2 Dead space 3
    3 Star Trek
    ?

Wasn't GTA IV released in 2008? If it was then that's my favourite game from that year.
    Yes, I listed it above.
    I enjoyed Dead Space, and GTA4, but MGS4 was my favorite game of 2008. Unlike those others, I still play it to this day.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    That's probably because it has great replay value....gta4...not so much.
    That's probably because it has great replay value....gta4...not so much.

MGS4 has good replay value? I wouldn't say, from my standpoint. MGS4 is too powerful a game to just replay until it stales. I like to play it once a year or two and leave it at that.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    to each their own