E3 announcements

JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
edited June 2012 in 007 Gaming Posts: 1,380
I'm sure there will be another 007 Legends reveal this week for E3, but I saw a sneak preview of some Xbox hardware last week.

Microsoft will unveil a new 3D system for the Xbox 360. It will work with *any* (2D) display screen. A small USB device is used to sync with the active 3D glasses (these look angular with sharp corners, not your standard 3D TV glasses). A lot of games will be supported from launch.

Comments

• That sounds bloody awesome. Can't wait to hear more. Thanks Page.

Speaking of reveals, any chance the second Bond game you alluded to at one time will be revealed?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited June 2012 Posts: 13,350
    I'm hoping for something good! Another film which is part of 007 Legends is the least I expect.

The 3D system for the XBox 360 sounds 'interesting'. I hope it works well enough for those who purchase it.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    While watching the Konami news conference, creator extraordinaire Hideo Kojima gave some details about a system called the Fox Engine. Could this engine be something for the new PS4? Will Big Boss make another appearance on this new engine?

The questions are killing me with excitement.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    While watching the Konami news conference, creator extraordinaire Hideo Kojima gave some details about a system called the Fox Engine. Could this engine be something for the new PS4? Will Big Boss make another appearance on this new engine?

The questions are killing me with excitement.

You're Big Boss obsessed, mate.
    Sure why not, Probably one of the top 5 characters ever created. Its amazing how awesome Solid Snake is...but then Kojima creates two even more bad ass characters after Snake (The Boss and Big Boss). That's creativity man!

Its too bad more video game creators don't have the skills or the brain power to develop such thought out characters and story's that people love and find engaging.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Sure why not, Probably one of the top 5 characters ever created. Its amazing how awesome Solid Snake is...but then Kojima creates two even more bad ass characters after Snake (The Boss and Big Boss). That's creativity man!

Its too bad more video game creators don't have the skills or the brain power to develop such thought out characters and story's that people love and find engaging.

I hope you mean strictly No.5 out of video game characters. If you bleed into film and novels you are drowned out and Snake gets off the list.
    Solid Snake and Big Boss are both among the top 5 video games characters ever created...more so for Solid Snake as he has been in more games.

Video game, film, and book characters can never compete as they reach different people in different ways. (kind like how I love the James Bond series, but am also a huge fan of MGS....not alot of people can share my views on both subjects).
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Looks like a Skyfall bonus mission will be available for download for free, with 007 Legends.

xxx
    Looks like a Skyfall bonus mission will be available for download for free, with 007 Legends.

xxx
    Where'd you find that out at?

Where'd you find that out at?

Activision France.

xxx

For those who want to see the Conferences live.

http://www.facebook.com/gametrailers/app_380067088708061

xxx
    For those who want to see the Conferences live.

http://www.facebook.com/gametrailers/app_380067088708061

xxx

I refuse to make a stupid account.
    On Facebook?

xxx
    On Facebook?

xxx
    Yes.

xxx

*sigh* Why downloadable content? Easily could fit the Skyfall mission on the game disc. Probably won't be able to play that, since I can't get my ps3 connected.

• Looks like a Skyfall bonus mission will be available for download for free, with 007 Legends.

xxx

Odd. Maybe it won't be release until ater the movie is out to avoid spoilers.

xxx

Just release it the day it hits theaters.
  • Looks like a Skyfall bonus mission will be available for download for free, with 007 Legends.

xxx

Don't be silly. They finally learned their lesson and are not releasing it in November, when all the triple AAA titles come out. That was the game has a chance to sell, versus competing with the likes of COD and Halo 4.

xxx

Don't be silly. They finally learned their lesson and are not releasing it in November, when all the triple AAA titles come out. That was the game has a chance to sell, versus competing with the likes of COD and Halo 4.
    They'll have to bite the bullet. It looks like garbage thus far, and my money isn't going towards it, so I don't care.

xxx

At least this means six films with a seventh as a bonus. A good move by Activision I feel, personally. Thanks for information Marketto.

I'm hoping we find out something else about the game at E3 at least.

xxx

They'll have to bite the bullet. It looks like garbage thus far, and my money isn't going towards it, so I don't care.

Riveting tale, chap.

xxx

Riveting tale, chap.

Thanks, I practiced it in a mirror. Now, to practice my victory speech for the Oscars.
    On Facebook?

xxx
    Yes.

Good man. I hate Facebook.

Anyway, I don't think I'll be buying legends, and I hate 3d so I doubt I'll be buying the new thing for xbox (besides mine is a launch model so I'm pretty sure it would kill it anyway).
    Holy crap did anybody else see that new game Watch Dogs? About time they set a game in Chicago!!
    Did I miss the Sony press conference? You know, the only thing I want to see??
    No it starts at 9 EST
    bondbat007 wrote:
    No it starts at 9 EST

It isn't on SPIKE TV. Where do I watch it?
  • Guess it's 5 Bond films and Skyfall :/

007™ Legends — Celebrating the Bond franchise's 50th anniversary, the latest instalment in the video game series — 007 Legends — launches gamers back through time to relive a selection of James Bond's iconic and intense undercover missions from the popular films. A first-of-its-kind Bond video game, 007 Legends features an original, overarching storyline tying together five classic Bond movie-inspired missions plus a sixth mission based on this year's highly-anticipated movie — SKYFALL — which will be available post launch as free downloadable content, to offer the most diverse Bond gaming experience yet! Delivering the action that gamers expect from a Bond game, 007 Legends equips players with state-of-the-art spy gadgets, an arsenal of weapons, and sleek vehicles as they jet off to exotic locations and utilize Bond's unmatched combat abilities, quick wits, class and style to take down notorious villains and their brutal henchmen and perform impressive stunts. (Developed by Eurocom for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 system and Windows PC; not yet rated by the ESRB.)
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 12,837
    as they jet off to exotic locations and utilize Bond's unmatched combat abilities, quick wits, class and style to take down notorious villains and their brutal henchmen and perform impressive stunts. shoot people like on COD(Developed by Eurocom for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 system and Windows PC; not yet rated by the ESRB.)

Fixed it for them.
    edited June 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Only five films will be on the disc? Come on, that's a bit mean. Thanks Activision. X(