What's each OO7 actor's worst line?

edited May 2012 in Actors Posts: 4,813
We know we love them all- but each Bond actor had a bad line, be it the script's fault or just plain bad delivery. Here's mine:

Connery: "Yes..... as a matter of fact there is. There's something I'd like you to get off your chest...." Maybe, just maybe if it was 'young fit Connery' instead of 'bored chubby Connery' the line would have worked. As it was in the film, there was no way in hell that woman would have let him near her bikini top, having just met!! She must really be a slut, lol

Lazenby: "Just keep MY mind on YOUR driving!" ...the heck? What does that even mean?

Moore: (Meeting Dr. Goodhead) "A woman......!" Love the delivery, but come on, Bond!

Dalton: "Don't think....... just let it happen." Does that line work on all the girls, Bond?

Brosnan: "Especially when you're baaaaaaaaaddddd.........." Ugh.... You know what, I barely even cared at that point

Craig: I could go with the usual 'no armour left' bit but I'll instead go with "Yes..... Considerably" only because it took more than one viewing before I realized what he even meant! 'The more you kill, the easier it becomes' is what he meant.
Perhaps the line should have been 'You needn't worry- the second is--' *BANG* 'Yes... much easier'. Not Craig's fault though

I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts

Comments

• oo7oo7
    danial craig, CR "I thought he had my back"
    Ill have to think about the others but I know what Brozza's is:

"I'm Mr Kil"
    "there's a name to die for"

Even the "Christmas" line at the end of TWINE makes me smile.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    DAF: Blofeld - Right idea, Mr. Bond. Bond - But wrong pussy.
    OHMSS; Bond - My name's Bond, James Bond (Lazenby could not deliver that line)
    I'll find one for Moore, later.
    LTK: Most of Bond's lines.
    TWINE: Bond - I thought Christmas only comes once a year.
    QOS: Bond - Was Mathis your cover name? Mathis - (nods, or something) Bond - Not a very good one.
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Moore: "He always did have an inflated opinion of himself"

Lazenby: "Bond, James Bond" (it's already been said, but he was terrible at the line).

Craig: The whole armour thing. Just :-&

Brosnan: Most of his one liners I actually liked but I hated the "cunning linguist" line.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Samuel001 wrote:

That thread is for a general list of Bond's worst quotes, while this thread is about each Bond actor's worst deliveries.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Roger Moore : 'that's not the soap !!'
    Pierce Brosnan : 'drop the act !! hmmm ??'
    Timothy Dalton : 'are you calling me a horse's arse ?'
    Daniel Craig : 'you don't know that I can do with my little finger'
    George Lazenby : 'good morning !! my name's Bond.... James Bond'
    Sean Connery : 'the name's Bond.... James Bond' (DAF version, where Sir Sean talked under the influence of helium + line sped up 10 times
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Samuel001 wrote:

That thread is for a general list of Bond's worst quotes, while this thread is about each Bond actor's worst deliveries.

Why not change the direction of the aforementioned thread a little, as that basically cover the same topic? ;) :)
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Brosnan: Most of his one liners I actually liked but I hated the "cunning linguist" line.

Except it wasnt him who said that.

If you want Brozzas worst line then surely we need look no further than 'Knew all about my shoulder'?

Except it wasnt him who said that.

If you want Brozzas worst line then surely we need look no further than 'Knew all about my shoulder'?

Well, just that whole exchange between him and MP.
    Connery- Alimentary my dear Leiter! -DAF
    Lazenby - This never happended to the other fella
    Moore- Anything in a View to a kill. Dirty Old man!
    Dalton- The horses arse remark
    Brosnan - You forgot the first rule of mass media Eliot.....
    Craig- Cant think of one to be honest
    It's far too easy - DC - 'come and help me find the stationery' and he gets Ms.Fields into bed with that.

If only I'd known that a few years ago - 'I've lost my teapot can you help me find it?' Cracking line that, I'll even TM just in case Eon tries to nick it.
    Oh thought of another one for Pierce-- in TWINE, "The names BOND.....' grappling hook, action sequence, shoot the hydrolic thingie, cue Bond theme, escape to safety, ".......JAMES Bond."

UGH I hate that part!!!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Oh thought of another one for Pierce-- in TWINE, "The names BOND.....' grappling hook, action sequence, shoot the hydrolic thingie, cue Bond theme, escape to safety, ".......JAMES Bond."

UGH I hate that part!!!

I mention that exact scene a while back. Truly cringe inducing indeed.
  • Connery: "Fetch my shoes." So unnecessary.
    Lazenby- I may be the only one, but his dialogue doesn't annoy me.
    Moore- "I may have had the cards stacked in my favor."
    Dalton- the horse's arse.
    Brosnan- Must agree with the Bond James Bond in TWINE.
    Craig- Little Finger.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    SC: "Another three ticks..."
    GL: "This never happened to the other fellow",
    RM: The line about May Day servicing him. :-&
    TD: "Bond, James Bond".
    PB: "I thought Christmas only comes once a year".
    DC: "You know what I can do with my little finger".
    Sean Connery: "I love you." (YOLT- to Aki, reciting the MI6 code in Japan)
    George Lazenby: So many to choose from! I think I'll go with this one though- "Another mistake!" I never liked the way he delivered that line, like every other, but this one takes the cake
    Roger Moore: This will be difficult, but I guess I'll go with anything said when he's pretending to be Scaramanga; I never liked his delivery on those lines, I wasn't for any minute convinced he was the man with the golde gun.
    Timothy Dalton- "He got the boot." Before I get murdered, let me just say that he delivers the line way too quickly and without any enthusiasm, wit, or energy whatsoever. It also doesn't help that his mouth doesn't even move when he says it.
    Pierce Brosnan: I doubt there even is one, but this one might do- "Especially when you're bad."
    Daniel Craig: "Whatever I am, I'm yours." PLEASE! Could there be more corny love line than that in the Bond series?
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    00Beast wrote:
    Roger Moore: This will be difficult, but I guess I'll go with anything said when he's pretending to be Scaramanga; I never liked his delivery on those lines, I wasn't for any minute convinced he was the man with the golde gun.

I understand what you mean, but we weren't supposed to be convinced that he was Scaramanga, Hai Fat was.
    Sean Connery YOLT :'but we're supposed to be married - on our honeymoon' ( on brides refusal to eat oysters) - did somebody on another post mention a Glaswegian brickie ! George Lazenby : 'I'll never play James Bond again' - to Cubby Broccoli (producer) a terrible loss to the series as the only creditable Bond along with Connery. Roger Moore LALD ' There's a LOVELY pate in the hamper.' Sounding as girlie as Mary Poppins on a picnic. Timothy Dalton: the frequent 'Yorkshire' bits. Pierce Brosnan: All Pierce's dialogue. Daniel Craig: - Daniel WHO ?
    I think Brosnan's whole career as Bond counts for this.

Oh come on, Brosnan had some terrific lines!

"I see you put your money where your mouth is."
    "Wade! Is this your idea of coming through in a clinch?"
    "So that's what I've been doing wrong all these years."
    "Oh sorry, I tuned out there for a moment, Elliot."
    "It's time for a station break."
    "The pleausre I'm sure was all mine."
    "No...for me."
    "Plenty of ice, if you can spare it."
    "So you live to die another day, colonel."
    "And what do you think?"
    "I'm a little tied up! Never mind."
    "Close the door Alec, there's a draft!"

I could go on and on all day!
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    00Beast wrote:

"No...for me."
    "And what do you think?"

You forgot his greatest line, "I Never Miss."
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 12,837

Oh look, another joke about how bad Brosnan was (:|

See above posts for why you're (imo) wrong.
    00Beast wrote:

"No...for me."
    "And what do you think?"

You forgot his greatest line, "I Never Miss."

He also forget "I'd have thought watching your TV shows was torture enough."
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Connery: One of us smells like a Tart's After shave.
    Lazenby: Hmmmm Royal Beluga, not from the Caspian.
    Moore: I'm an early riser myself.
    Dalton: I hope you don't snore Q!!!
    Brosnan: Buy me a pint!
    Craig: That was a very good line.
    Murdock wrote:
    Connery: One of us smells like a Tart's After shave.
    Lazenby: Hmmmm Royal Beluga, not from the Caspian.
    Moore: I'm an early riser myself.
    Dalton: I hope you don't snore Q!!!
    Brosnan: Buy me a pint!
    Craig: That was a very good line.
    I love that Dalton scene, one of my favorite Bond/Q moments.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I love the scene too, but the delivery of Dalton's line seemed very forced.
    I can't believe so many people are dissing DC's 2 "little finger" line. Definitely agree with others re: Brosnan's "Bond, James Bond" in Twine as he and the world's most implausible nuclear physicist ascend up the blast tunnel. Sounds too American for my liking in that scene!
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 299
    LeChiffre wrote:
    I can't believe so many people are dissing DC's 2 "little finger" line. Definitely agree with others re: Brosnan's "Bond, James Bond" in Twine as he and the world's most implausible nuclear physicist ascend up the blast tunnel. Sounds too American for my liking in that scene!

Please, I'm American and even I will tell you it sounds too American!

Anything Brosnan and Richards discussed in TWINE, particularly near the end with the 'Christmas in Turkey' horror and fireworks going off, and 'I thought it only came once a year', damn embarrassing even. Such a shame for an otherwise standout release

And a 57 year old Moore in AVTAK - 'That is not the soap', and - 'I'm an early riser myself'

The Spy Who Loved Me - 'That'll bring tears to your eyes'

Diamonds - 'I was just out walking my rat and seem to have lost my way'

Moore - 'You should never go in there without a mongoose' (LALD)

etc