Bond movies' Worst quotes ever

X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
edited March 2012 in Bond Movies Posts: 2,635
Auto-explanable title... isn't it?
Post the quote you think is the most awful ever.

'My name's Kil.'
'Well that's a good name to die for.'

¬¬'

Comments

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    I think this thread can be closed now as I'm hard pressed to think of a worse line than that quoted above.
    Perhaps 'Yo Momma'? But the laziness of the writing in the Mr Kil line takes some beating.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    "A genuine Felix Leiter! Illuminating!"
    "A genuine Felix Leiter! Illuminating!"

Aw, come on now! That's pure Roger 007! :-bd

Here's a cheese-filled line:

Holly: "Hang on James!"
    Bond: "The thought had occured to me!"
    8-|
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    edited March 2012 Posts: 2,629
    I think this thread can be closed now as I'm hard pressed to think of a worse line than that quoted above.
    Perhaps 'Yo Momma'? But the laziness of the writing in the Mr Kil line takes some beating.

It's up there, but here's two more Brosnan Era classic quips.

"You always were a cunning linguist James".

"I though Christmas only comes once a year".
    'Ooh a woman' / Moonraker

'I thought Christmas ony comes once a year' / TWINE

'Any Ice, if you can spare it' / DAD

'That is not the soap' / View to a Kill

'You should never go in there without a mongoose' / LALD

'Having problems keeping it up Q' / Octopussy

'I'm more of a problem eliminator' / LTK

'Bon apetit' / LTK

'How do you take it' / Goldeneye

'Worse than listening to Beatles without ear muffs' / Goldfinger

'Sit!' / Hiss Off / Octopussy

'What's for dinner, Whiskas?' / View to a Kill

'It certainly pays to advertise' / Octopussy

'You know what I can do with my little finger' / Royale

'Bang on time' / Moonraker

'I was just out walking my rat and seemed to have lost my way' / Diamonds
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited March 2012 Posts: 28,694
    Jinx: "I am so good."
    Bond: "Especially when you're bad."
    :-&

Basically anything from DAD. X_X :-S :-&
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    "I am sooo good." - "Especially when you're bad."

"I thought Christmas comes only once a year."

"I am Mr. Kil." - "Well there's a name to die for."

"I am Zao.. and YOU are late."

"Ornithologist huh?....... wow.... now there's a mouthful."

"Time to face gravity!" (the line makes absolutely no sense - AT ALL)

"Fetch my shoes!"
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    HASEROT wrote:
    "I am sooo good." - "Especially when you're bad."

"I thought Christmas comes only once a year."

"I am Mr. Kil." - "Well there's a name to die for."

"I am Zao.. and YOU are late."

"Ornithologist huh?....... wow.... now there's a mouthful."

"Time to face gravity!" (the line makes absolutely no sense - AT ALL)

"Fetch my shoes!"

I had a feeling this thread was going to be a set up for Brosnan era bashing. And I'm not sure what you don't understand about the "Time to face gravity" line; it made sense to me.

Anyway, I don't really have any quotes. The bad ones are the ones I look forward to in a Bond movie. Although, not to add fuel to the Brosnan era bashing fire, the line that Jinx says to Mr. Kil, "Yo mama, and she told me to tell you she's dissapointed in you." Very childish.

• HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited March 2012 Posts: 4,399
    I had a feeling this thread was going to be a set up for Brosnan era bashing. And I'm not sure what you don't understand about the "Time to face gravity" line; it made sense to me.

it wasn't my fault that some of the worst lines came from 2 of Brozzer's films... i wasn't trying to bash the guy himself - but some of the lines in his films are terrible, no getting around it.

not only is the quip "Time to face gravity." not even remotely funny, it doesn't make sense with what happens to Graves, because it has nothing to do with gravity - gravity didn't suck him into the turbine.
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 11,189
    Anything that comes out of Halle Berry's mouth

"I think I got the t****t of it"

"You always were a cunning linguist James".

I quite like that line :-S
    Jaws: Well, here's to us
    Dr. Holly Goodhead: Take me 'round the world one more time
    James Bond: If you're Q, does that make him R?
    Q: She must take a lot of vitamins!
    What about:

"I didn't know you were a music lover James...anytime you want to drop by and listen to my...Barry Manilow collection"

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    ^That's nothing.

"If all that was left of you was your little finger..." :-&

"The names Barnd, James Barnd."

"[snip...]whose boyish charms [snip...]"

Anything from the mouth of JW Pepper

"Actually he found me quite titillating."
    Siiit. To the tiger in Octopussy, laziest gag in the Bondosphere by a mile.
    "Never argue with a woman, they're always right".

We're a long way from the sexist rant Bond gives on the pages of CR. Fleming would be spinning in his grave.
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 165
    Also "That'll keep you in curry for a while" - Unnecessary in 1983 and squeamishly uncomfortable viewing now
    "You know what I can do with my little finger." / Royale

"Yo mama, and she told me to tell you she's dissapointed in you." / DAD

"Fetch my shoes." / DN

And especially "If all that was left of you was your little finger." / CR :-&

Are the only ones mentioned here I don´t like. I love most of the rest.

The "I´m so good" - especially when you´re bad" is amazing, just as "I though Christmas only comes one a year".
    If u want to talk about "squeamishly uncomfortable" there's the end of TLD:

"we had some trouble at the airport"

"Can't imagine why"
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I've never had a problem with that, the film was made in 1987, it was a different world back then. The little finger line in CR, is the first time during a Bond film that I have felt the need to apologise on behalf of the film to anyone watching it with me. Atually all if not most of the dialogue of CR applies to this thread.
    I know but it's still rather uncomfortable when viewed today.

I suppose it's nothing compared to some of the other bits of dialogue throughout Bond's history though.
    ReneMathis wrote:
    Siiit. To the tiger in Octopussy, laziest gag in the Bondosphere by a mile.

it wasn't a quote - but i can do you one better than that awful gag.....

tarzan yell and vine swing... from the very same movie.

I've never had a problem with that, the film was made in 1987, it was a different world back then. The little finger line in CR, is the first time during a Bond film that I have felt the need to apologise on behalf of the film to anyone watching it with me. Atually all if not most of the dialogue of CR applies to this thread.

Same for me, a lot of things in CR I apologise for and explain that this isn´t a normal (or real) Bond movie, just so that people won´t dismiss Bond as bad.

the little finger line, while crude - fits right in with some of the crudeness of other lines in the series, and it's no worse than half the "quips" of the last two Brosnan films..
    BAIN123 wrote:
    I know but it's still rather uncomfortable when viewed today.

I suppose it's nothing compared to some of the other bits of dialogue throughout Bond's history though.

I can understand how some viewers might find it uncomfortable today, but honestly, it's never bothered me. Maybe i'm just enjoying the film too much to be affected buy it.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited March 2012 Posts: 15,692
    Anything from the mouth of JW Pepper

"Actually he found me quite titillating."
    'Sit!' / Hiss Off / Octopussy

'What's for dinner, Whiskas?' / View to a Kill

'It certainly pays to advertise' / Octopussy

'Bang on time' / Moonraker

'I was just out walking my rat and seemed to have lost my way' / Diamonds

What's wrong about any of these ? I rank all these lines (and J.W Peppah) amongst the crème de la crème of one liners !!

edited March 2012 Posts: 13,894
    What's wrong with them? They're bloomin' awful, imo. Pepper was another misguided attempt at humour.
    Any quote from the mouth of Halle Berry makes me reach for a sick bag, and a loaded PPK! I don't agree with MajorDSmythe's appraisal of CR's dialogue. Sure the 'little finger' line seemed out of place, but most of the dialogue in the whole movie!!! I think that's a little harsh.

• QoS:
    "She's sea-sick"
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    DAD- " they feast , like there's no tomorrow" in fact that whole bloody converstaion between bond and jinx
    DCisared wrote:
    DAD- " they feast , like there's no tomorrow" in fact that whole bloody converstaion between bond and jinx

In fact any conversation with Bond and Jinx!